• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Bills to meet with Volek in Tennessee

There's a brand new coaching staff in Buffalo these days, but apparently the new guys got the word on free agent quarterback Billy Volek and what he did to the Bills last season.

In his first NFL start, Volek led the Titans to a 28-26 win over the Bills in December. Sunday, the Bills are scheduled to meet with Volek in Nashville.
    full story

• mightyspaz
    Short, Furry and Cold
    • Mar 2004

Alright I'm new but Here's my Schpiel...
    1. Pick up Troy Vincent fast! ... Although I keep hearing TD might have something up his sleeve concerning Ty Law.
    2. We either need to pick up Bill Volek or a Veteren WR like Dez White.
    3. Which ever position we don't fill, we take as a first round.
    4. One more experienced OL
    5. A pass rusher, and if allelse fails above at least we might have cap space for Sapp?
    That's what I think!
    The Mighty SpAz
    ThE MiGhTy SpAz
    - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• kardshark19
      I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
      • Aug 2002

Why the he11 would we want Sapp???
      If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

Welcome to the Zone

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kardshark19
          Why the he11 would we want Sapp???
          agreed. We already have 2 strong starters at DT.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• kardshark19
            I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
            • Aug 2002

We definitely wouldn't want to spend the money it would cost to get him here, since we do have two good starters. We would be better off using the money on someone like Volek, or TV.

And don't mean to attack your 1st post. Welcome!
            If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I'm not sold on Volek. I think Henson, Rivers, Losman or Schaub will be better long term. And please, not that sap Sapp.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Although I keep hearing TD might have something up his sleeve concerning Ty Law

The Patriots have made it clear they are going to keep Law for the 2004 season. They might release him in 2005, but he will not be released this season.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                  Although I keep hearing TD might have something up his sleeve concerning Ty Law

The Patriots have made it clear they are going to keep Law for the 2004 season. They might release him in 2005, but he will not be released this season.

Good! TD's been burned by 2 ex-patriots. I hope he has learned his lesson. If Bill Bellichek does not want a player anymore there is a damn good reason.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

As for Volek............................I would rather pass on him but they must be very interested in him if they are going to him.

from the article......

Across the NFL it's a busy time for free agency visits, but not too many teams travel to see a player

I was thinking the same thing.

It says the Falcons are very interested. I don't know why he would want to go there if he wants to ever start. Vick is younger than he is.

Comment

• baalworship
                      • May 2003

It has been reported that Sam Wyche is going to meet with Volek in Tennessee. That sounds like strong interest to me.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mightyspaz
                        Alright I'm new but Here's my Schpiel...
                        1. Pick up Troy Vincent fast! ... Although I keep hearing TD might have something up his sleeve concerning Ty Law.
                        2. We either need to pick up Bill Volek or a Veteren WR like Dez White.
                        3. Which ever position we don't fill, we take as a first round.
                        4. One more experienced OL
                        5. A pass rusher, and if allelse fails above at least we might have cap space for Sapp?
                        That's what I think!
                        The Mighty SpAz

Sapp would eat up all our cap space and then some. He's going to command Kearse like money. 6-8 mill a year

Dez White is nice, but might be a waste of cap sace for a guy who will catch 30-40 balls

I do like the idea of Volek as backup- it does save us one of our top 3 picks.

If Volek is in the fold- I bet we get an OL, WR, and DE in the draft- Mabee Udeze #1, Jake Grove #2, Devard Darling (wr) 3

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Volek is unproven- this is RJ all over again: paying too much for a QB who has shown potential but hasn't had any experience as a starter. This team has lacked a good QB since Jim Kelly left- we need a future QB who can learn under Bledsoe for a year or so then starat. I'd rather get rivers or Rothlisberger in the draft.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind Volek, as long as he starts out as just the back-up, and doesn't cost too much. I'd rather see him as a successor, and emergency man in case Drew sucks a$$ again.

The RJ comparison is moot since the Bills wouldn't be giving up any picks for Volek, and especially not multiple picks!

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                              • Mar 2003

Please no QB controversy! Get a capable back-up that won't be looked at to start this year. A 1st round pick would.

The Bills can't develop a young QB. Bills fans are hell on young QBs. That's our thing.

When we need another starting QB get one from FA.
                              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

Working...
                              X