PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy serious

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2004, 11:10 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2218514

The Spaz
03-11-2004, 11:12 AM
He's all muscle bound he probably doesn't have any flexibility at all.

Dantheman1280
03-11-2004, 11:13 AM
WHO CARES!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Just something to read man chill

The Natrix
03-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Good for him, I hope he makes a roster.

helmetguy
03-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Can he pass a piss test?

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Can he pass a piss test?

Probably not.

ryven
03-11-2004, 11:25 AM
IF he did pass all the tests he would make one sick DE or maybe MLB.

Pride
03-11-2004, 11:26 AM
These guys arent flexible enough to play in the NFL, nor are conditioned for endurance... he would pass out by the end of the first half.

Gunzlingr
03-11-2004, 11:27 AM
He went to high school in Webster, SD. He was recruited by the WWE, and they put him through wrestling school. I don't watch wrestling, so I don't know if he is any good.

Gunzlingr
03-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Pride
These guys arent flexible enough to play in the NFL, nor are conditioned for endurance... he would pass out by the end of the first half.

I agree with the endurance and speed, but I would be willing to bet that being a wrestling (real not pro) he is flexible and quick.

ryven
03-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
He went to high school in Webster, SD. He was recruited by the WWE, and they put him through wrestling school. I don't watch wrestling, so I don't know if he is any good.

I watch a little now and then and he is really good and I do think he is flexible enough now on how his endurance is I don't know but he is a really good wrestler top 5.

The Spaz
03-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by ryven

I watch a little now and then and he is really good and I do think he is flexible enough now on how his endurance is I don't know but he is a really good wrestler top 5.

A real olympic wrestler would take him down easy. The only guy I have respect for in the fake wrestling circuit is Kurt Agle is he has a real gold medal for olympic wrestling.

TigerJ
03-11-2004, 11:47 AM
I happen to be a preacher. There are plenty of people with great speaking voices, but if any of them want to enter the preaching ministry, they have to pay their dues. If they want to do it in the Christian church, they really need some training and someone needs to certify that what they want to preach is consistent with Christian teaching.

Just because a guy is 295 lbs of muscle doesn't mean he can jump into the NFL with no preparation. It's not just strength and athleticism. There are techniques to be learned. I don't think they can be learned overnight. At the very least this guy needs to spend a couple years in NFL Europe, Arena Football or something.

LtBillsFan66
03-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Can he pass a piss test?

No way!

Mr. Cynical
03-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Excerpt from the article:

"Maybe it's the time he spent working out with veteran NFL guard Corbin Lacina in the 2003 off-season. If the report is accurate, then someone is obviously telling Lesnar he has a shot (and remember, this could be the WWE putting one over on all of us before their marquee event.) "

Corbin Lacina!! Leave it to an ex-Bill to get caught up this sillyness. :rolleyes:

Anyway, even if he has the physical tools, he has zero football experience. How many of these "beef projects" have ever worked out in the NFL, regardless of where they came from? None that I know of.

Mr. Miyagi
03-11-2004, 12:18 PM
I think we should sign him.

http://www.foxsports.com/netapp/blobs/active/11/9/2218526_5_2.jpg

:couch:

LtBillsFan66
03-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by kal123

"Maybe it's the time he spent working out with veteran NFL guard Corbin Lacina in the 2003 off-season. If the report is accurate, then someone is obviously telling Lesnar he has a shot (and remember, this could be the WWE putting one over on all of us before their marquee event.) "

Corbin Lacina!! Leave it to an ex-Bill to get caught up this sillyness. :rolleyes:

Anyway, even if he has the physical tools, he has zero football experience. How many of these "beef projects" have ever worked out in the NFL, regardless of where they came from? None that I know of.

(and remember, this could be the WWE putting one over on all of us before their marquee event.)

Mr. Cynical
03-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Speaking of a semi-beef project...Leif Larson comes to mind. Did we cut him back then or did he go back to the Air Force? I forgot.

The Spaz
03-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Speaking of a semi-beef project...Leif Larson comes to mind. Did we cut him back then or did he go back to the Air Force? I forgot.

I think you're confusing Bryce Fisher and Leif Larsen. Larsen played for UTEP and Fisher played for Air Force.

Mr. Cynical
03-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Doh! :homer:

You're right spaz.

I did mean Larsen though....For some reason I just remember him being a "project" because of his physical attributes and that he didnt' have a ton of experience (got into football late). Could be wrong though....

mikedd74
03-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Brock Lezner in the NFL? He actually was an ametuer wrestler in college and supposedly he was a talent so it would be interesting if he could make the transition..

Earthquake Enyart
03-11-2004, 02:02 PM
I think we need to go after Triple H for LDE. :up:

STAMPY
03-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Brock won the NCAA championship in college at Minnesota. Brock is a machine and i will be attending Wrestlemania sunday at MSG... I hope Vince is just pulling a rib on the boys cause this thing is everywhere. It was on fox. Losing Brock Lesner the youngest champ ever will hurt WWE. Brock can do anything if he tries. In less then one year he became one of the best pro wrestlers... You guys act like pro wrestling is a joke and anybody can do it. Like it or not... Pro wrestling is by far the more brutal sport on your body... The wear and tear of shows everyday. The bumps they take, sure they are scripted, but they are bumps none the less, Football players have a history of failing in wrestling. There have been many wrestlers who went to nfl off the top of my head, Jim Duggen, Bryan Pillman, Ron Simmons (heisman trophy winner from FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY ala Deion) Goldberg, must be others as well. I'm 23 so i'm not big on the older guys b4 that era. I watchjed since i was 3. Can't wait till sunday. Well i hope Brocks not going, but if he is i can see him doin well if he trains hard something he always has done.

The Spaz
03-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Dude wrestling is acting. Yes sometimes stunts go wrong and people get hurt though.

Jan Reimers
03-11-2004, 03:29 PM
It's one thing to have a great physique. It's quite another to have athleticism, football skills or instincts, competitiveness, mental toughness or any of the other attributes that a professional football player needs.

Gunzlingr
03-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
It's one thing to have a great physique. It's quite another to have athleticism, football skills or instincts, competitiveness, mental toughness or any of the other attributes that a professional football player needs.

I realize the guy isnt a football player, but I say he is an athlete because of his NCAA championship. You guys act like wrestlers (real not pro) arent athletes. While I don't care for wrestling, some of the best athletes I know were/are wrestlers. If he was just a body builder, I would say he hasn't a prayer, but being a champion collegiate wrestler says to me that he has an outside chance.

Earthquake Enyart
03-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Rember Alonzo Spellman? That guy was buffed. And he was horrible.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2004, 03:53 PM
I did see this dude wrestle a little bit ago and the man can move for a big guy. He did a flip off the top rope into the middle of the ring and landed on a guy. Pretty impressive for a big guy. I highly doubt that someone who has never played football could just make a transition like that.

Buffatexas
03-11-2004, 04:02 PM
he was offered a tryout by the Bucs and the Skins so he must have shown signs of something somewhere

Philagape
03-11-2004, 04:02 PM

"Corbin Lacina!! Leave it to an ex-Bill to get caught up this sillyness. :rolleyes:

Remember when Mitch Frerotte quit football to become a wrestler? :rolleyes:

I used to be a huge rasslin fan, before McMahon bought out Turner's league. While the matches may be scripted, these wrestlers do things to their bodies that are stunning, especially when it involves tables and ladders and other objects. They work out like machines. They say they are the best athletes in the world, and I don't doubt that. They perform up to hundreds of nights a year, and a lot of them do it well into their 40s. Some are indeed conditioned for endurance, like when they wrestle for a hour straight. So I'm not going to dismiss this out of hand.

The_Philster
03-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Doh! :homer:

You're right spaz.

I did mean Larsen though....For some reason I just remember him being a "project" because of his physical attributes and that he didnt' have a ton of experience (got into football late). Could be wrong though....
Yeah...he was cut...just couldn't cut it. Fisher is with the Rams.

mypoorfriendme
03-11-2004, 07:28 PM
i dont care much for either pro or real wrestling, but i still know both require athleticism, quickness, strength, endurance, and toughness both mental and physical. hes got a tiny chance...looks good for a run stuffing DE or pass rushing DT. but of course its almost impossible to start playing football out of no where so i think thats why he wont make it...zero experience

BADTHINGSMAN
03-11-2004, 11:02 PM
WWE is supose to be remerging Raw and Smackdown, just like it use to be.. So some Wrestlers will have a longer break than usuall.. Brock wont get big money in the NFL because he will be considered a project.. Brock does have some athletisism, he is one of the only guys in the WWE to succecfully pull off a shooting star press.. Brock is a beast but his speed is horrible.. Also remember that he was a NCAA wrestling champ, but went to the WWE which is nothing like college(olympic) wrestling.. WWE is 100% scripted and 90% fake..

ublinkwescore
03-12-2004, 03:25 PM
I was just about to remind Pride that this guy was a NCAA champ in wrestling - that kind of wrestling requires A LOT of stamina - any kind of groundfighting does - I still question his flexibility though - when you get that kind of muscle and you don't stretch regularly you'll lose alot of flexibility you had prior to gaining that kind of a build unless you stretched thoroughly before every workout and after every workout.

STAMPY
03-12-2004, 03:38 PM
pro wrestling requires much agility and dexterity. the guy did a freakin shooting star press... i'd like to see urlachor do that

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
pro wrestling requires much agility and dexterity. the guy did a freakin shooting star press... i'd like to see urlachor do that

Do you use a "shooting stars press" in the NFL?

bills_7
03-12-2004, 04:25 PM
he should try out in the cfl first before he even thinks about the nfl

BADTHINGSMAN
03-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Do you use a "shooting stars press" in the NFL?

To bad its not used in the NFL, that could be a nasty tackle..:chuckle: