PDA

View Full Version : Who is the free agent pick up (Bills) the last 5 years

mikedd74
03-11-2004, 01:17 PM
I would say London Flecther

The Spaz
03-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Do you mean who was ther best free agent pickup for the Bills the last 5 years? I would say Takeo Spikes.

ryjam282
03-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Spikes still remains to be seen, he has only been here 1 year. I will have to go with London as well. He has gotten like over 200 tackles every dang year. He is a little shaky in coverage but overall a great pickup. I just wish Cowart wouldn't have gotten hurt cause he would have been a top 5 LB if he was to stay healthy.

The Spaz
03-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Spikes made a huge impact this year.

Pride
03-11-2004, 01:46 PM
I hate to admit it, but... doug flutie... or was that 6 years ago?

Either way, he kept the bills in buffalo. So as much as I hate him, I am greatful to him

Halbert
03-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Great point. Flutie was outstanding for filling seats/boxes, creating excitement, and hiding a terrible OL. He lost a chunk after his first magical season but he was a savior of sorts at the time, that's for sure.

I'd say Spikes, but I could also make a point for (believe it or not) Adams. I think most people don't realize the impact he has on the entire defense. Why do you think teams suddenly had such a tough time running against us last season after being a seive the year prior? Teaming him with Williams was huge (pun intended) and gives the Bills the ability to dominate at the middle of the line. Watch what happens to NE now that Big Ted is gone. Those big fat guys don't rack up stats but they are crucial to the defensive scheme.

mikedd74
03-11-2004, 02:59 PM
I think Flutie although he was not a prototypical QB had a great winning percentage. I was in Germany when they brought him in from the CFL and a coworker that was there (Packer Fan) said it was a good move and that we would be surprised. He ended up taking us to our last playoff appearance and well Rob Johnson became a bust..........:gobills:

ZacGriffi~82
03-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I agree that its Fletcher

Jan Reimers
03-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I hate to admit it, but... doug flutie... or was that 6 years ago?

Either way, he kept the bills in buffalo. So as much as I hate him, I am greatful to him

You're right about his keeping the Bills in Buffalo. So why hate a guy who saved our franchise and got screwed out of his rightful playoff appearance against the Titans as well?

The_Philster
03-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
You're right about his keeping the Bills in Buffalo. So why hate a guy who saved our franchise and got screwed out of his rightful playoff appearance against the Titans as well?

Because he and RJ, with Wade's help...made us the laughingstock of the league with their poor play and poor teamwork. :down:

Marvelous
03-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Although Spikes is the popular one Fletcher gets my vote.
Milloy is a hellava pick up too. Lets see how Milloy plays this year.

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Free agency in the form it is in today has been around for 10 seasons.

Best all time has to be a toss up between Bryce Paup and Chris Spielman

Pride
03-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Free agency in the form it is in today has been around for 10 seasons.

Best all time has to be a toss up between Bryce Paup and Chris Spielman

I can see your point with Paup, but he was a one year wonder. Spielman never really got a foothold here in buffalo. Other than being a fan favorite.