PDA

View Full Version : Steve Moore's Doctors Provide Update On His Condition

Michael82
03-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Vancouver Coastal Health is issuing the following update concerning Steve Moore at the request of his attending physicians.

Steve Moore suffered several injuries during a NHL hockey game in Vancouver on Monday, March 8, 2004. He is currently an in-patient at Vancouver General Hospital under the care of Dr. Marcel Dvorak and Dr. Brian Kwon, his spinal surgeons, and Dr. Philip Teal, his neurologist.

Moore suffered a significant loss of consciousness at the time of the injury. He had a loss of memory for a period of time prior to and after the injury. He is currently stable, awake, and recovering.

Moore's injuries include the following:

- C3 and C4 transverse process spinal fractures
- Spine ligament injuries at the C3 and C4 level
- A closed head injury with concussion
- Multiple facial lacerations and abrasions

He is experiencing some post-concussion symptoms. His spinal cord and spinal nerves have not been injured. Moore remains an in-patient on the spinal ward at Vancouver General Hospital under close observation.

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/news/currentdetails.asp?ID=152

Earthquake Enyart
03-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Boy, it's a shame that the poor guy is stuck in a Canadian hospital. :shakeno:

ticatfan
03-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Because you get better care up here.And it is only a minor broken neck,reports has it he will be skating in 4 weeks.

Ebenezer
03-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ticatfan
it is only a minor broken neck

is that like being "kinda-pregnant"?

ticatfan
03-12-2004, 11:36 AM
No it is not,like I said it is a minor break.and I know from experience,I also broke c3 and c4 them along with c2 are wired together and fused also with bone fragments from the chunks that were broke off the c3and 4,I had more then just hairline cracks and I was in a bar having a beer 2 weeks after breaking it.So he will be fine,unless america has not advance like we have and you are still putting people in body casts for year.lol

alyson
03-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Good to hear he's okay. That is a relief.

ticatfan
03-12-2004, 03:59 PM
He will be fine.

Myers57
03-12-2004, 06:46 PM
toughen up boy, in my day our dad broke our necks to get us warmed up and out of bed each morning!

:lol: