X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Washinton Pro Day:

"Today was a big day for Washington WR Reggie Williams, many for some reason has been questioning his speed as of late but he had a chance to quiet the scouts and that he did. Reggie Williams official checked in at 6-4 225, down 4 lbs from his combine weight, he ran very good times, running A Consistant 4.4 40yrd, lowest time was a 4.5 and the highest was reported at 4.3! WOW! Reggie Williams in our opinion is a T.O. clone and has been a dominating playmaker since High School, he proved today that he is a legit Top 15-20 pick! QB Cody Pickett did ok for himself throwing the ball pretty well and show very good speed running A consistant 4.6 40yrd, he should be an early 2nd day pick, could be a sleeper. "

NOW I REALLY WANT REGGIE!

A 4.3 and 4.4 average 40 time is exactly what we need on this offense.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.
  • Alluro
    You Don't Stand a Chance !
    • Jul 2002

Reggie !! Reggie !! Reggie !!...and Lee Evans in round 2 ! lets bring the run and shoot back baby ! put mcgahee in the backfield as the single back, and run the no huddle !

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
      • Apr 2003

although i am impressed with those 40 times...he still was a possession reciever last year with the huskies and we defintely dont need another possession reciever
      the dude abides

Comment

• eyedog
        • Jul 2002

He is not a possesion receiver. He is a big play receiver that can take it the distance. With those 40 times it will probably move him even higher in the draft. I've been saying that I would be happy with any of the three Williams' and I'm starting to think they may all be off the board by #13.
        Reggie's stats this past year: 12.5 avg per catch. I know you see that and think possesion receiver, not quite. He had 8 td catches and four of them were over 50yds- 70 yds, 74, 52, and 63. All to the house. You have to remember he was double teamed on every play, thus a lower ypc. I'll take Reggie in a second opposite of Moulds. That is what you call match-up problems for a secondary.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
          • Apr 2003

well then what does that say about roy williams and larry fitzgerald who were double teamed all season and they still posted even better stats? averaging over 3 yards per catch more than reggie if my memory serves me right? sure he may be a big play reciever, but a big play reciever like keyshawn who is still when it boils down, i possession reciever
          the dude abides

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

Keyshawn doesn't run 4.4 40's or take 70 yarders to the house. Call Reggie what you want but I for one would be more than happy to get him. I'll take my chances with him in single coverage.

Comment

• Bmax
              • Aug 2003

i really like also...at 13 he may be the best choice at wr...

Bmax

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Reggie Williams is no possession receiver. I think it is safe to assume you didn't watch a Huskies game last year. Not only was Williams double teamed, but look what he did against some of the top corners in this years draft.

Reggie Williams is Terrell Owens without the attitude.
                Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 03-12-2004, 06:34 AM.

Comment

If the rest of the top receivers are gone why not eventually we will have to replace moulds. It takes some receivers about three years to develop.

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

I'm still hoping either:

1. Sean Taylor falls to us, whether he falls to 13 or falls enough to consider trading up.

or...

2. We trade down to acquire more picks. This is a very deep class of WRs and we could still get a good one later on. We need more picks to get more quality players (hopefully on the offensive line).

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I would be very happy with any of the 3 Williams'

Comment

Working...
                      X