PDA

View Full Version : When The Hell Is Bober Visiting?

ScottLawrence
03-11-2004, 08:52 PM
It keeps getting post-poned......

His agent was on WNSA, and said that no date had been scheduled.

I really want to know what TD is doing.:ape:

Bert102176
03-11-2004, 10:23 PM
TD is sitting on his hands with his thumbs up his butt twirling them

Jan Reimers
03-12-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I really want to know what TD is doing.:ape:

Apparently offering contracts that are of little interest. Not only is Bober not here, but it appears that we are out of the running for Vincent.

Perhaps we'll wait to see what sort of bargains are available after June 1.

So far, though, this FA season has been a major disappointment.

Forward_Lateral
03-12-2004, 06:54 AM
It's only been the FA period for a week! We've signed one of the best available lineman at a very good price! What more does everyone want? We can't force Troy Vincent to sign here, no matter how much money we offer, if he wants to play somewhere else, what can the Bills do? Remember guys, it's only been a week. Dozer will agree with me on this 100 %, let's be patient.

Gunzlingr
03-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
It's only been the FA period for a week! We've signed one of the best available lineman at a very good price! What more does everyone want? We can't force Troy Vincent to sign here, no matter how much money we offer, if he wants to play somewhere else, what can the Bills do? Remember guys, it's only been a week. Dozer will agree with me on this 100 %, let's be patient.

I concur. Also, I don't think any of us will ever be GMs, so someone we think would be a great pickup may not be to people whose jobs are signing players. Just because we all want Vincent doesn't mean management does, and face it, they know more than we do. When opening day rolls around and we haven't done anything, then worry.

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Bert102176
TD is sitting on his hands with his thumbs up his butt twirling them

If you think that TD is doing nothing you're crazy!:stupid:

nolimit
03-12-2004, 08:05 AM
TD is doing what is best for this team. Dont you think he knows his arse is on the line this season? With that being said I am getting a little anxious.

SABURZFAN
03-12-2004, 08:27 AM
if we can land bober,i think this FA period will be successful.the draft and June 1st cuts will provide other needs for this team.

Jan Reimers
03-12-2004, 08:29 AM
It's just difficult to see good, solid veteran players leave and - for the moment at least - get little in return.

It wouldn't be so bad if we were a playoff team, but coming off a 6-10 season, you're naturally anxious for improvement.

Jan Reimers
03-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Bober and a veteran CB - Taylor, for instance - would help immensely. We already have a number of holes from last year. I'd hate to see us burn too many draft picks on additional holes caused by free agent losses this year, although I know that's the nature of today's game.

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 08:35 AM
So Jan, would you rather we spend half our free cap on Winfield? Hell, to keep him, we would have to payhim 12 million this season- that's what the Vikes are paying him. You want a 12 million dollar CB? On top of that pay Ruben Brown 4.5 Million?

Then all we would hear would be whining about how we aren't even offering contracts to people.

Everybody has the McDonalds free agency mentality- drive up, supersize it, and out in 5 minutes.

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Bober and a veteran CB - Taylor, for instance - would help immensely. We already have a number of holes from last year. I'd hate to see us burn too many draft picks on additional holes caused by free agent losses this year, although I know that's the nature of today's game.

So because Bober hasn't arrived yet (I think I read somewhere he had a funeral to attend) and Vincent is taking his sweet old time, then TD's been a bust this offseason after a week?

C'mon!

SABURZFAN
03-12-2004, 08:39 AM
i'd rather see someone else overpay for players than us.

Jan Reimers
03-12-2004, 08:43 AM
No, I've never been a big Winfield supporter, because of his lack of playmaking ability. But I would prefer that we not have to use a high draft pick on a corner when we have so many other needs.

It seems that if we had 4 major needs areas of need after last season, but go into the draft with 5, we have taken a step in the wrong direction.

But it's early, and I expect we'll pick up a few more FAs.

TedMock
03-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

If you think that TD is doing nothing you're crazy!:stupid:

No, he said TD is giving himself proctol pleasure. That's doing something!

TedMock
03-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Seriously, I think TD is wheelin and dealin quite a bit. It's not like there's not time. We have a whole bunch of cuts still coming within the next few months.

carybillsfan
03-12-2004, 11:23 AM
I'd have to say that TD has done an excellent job so far. I love to watch other teams empty their wallets on overpriced talent.