PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins close on David Boston...

Ickybaluky
03-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Per the Miami papers:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolphins12mar12,0,4274068.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/friday/sports_0415e4f707a170c91030.html

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8166216.htm

They also signed OT John St. Clair, P Matt Turk and Sammy Morris.

I find it odd that they will bring in a talented head case like Boston, but their OL is going to be a complete wreck.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 07:51 AM
Our oline will be better then you think. We are extremely close if we didn't already officially agree with macintosh.

Boston will be a better more calm player in miami. We have a wr coach he likes, he called him his "2nd father" he was his wr coach in zona.

Thailog80
03-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Thats okay.....Mcgee or Thomas will shut em down.....(sarcasm on)

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Have you not been around lately? Or did you chane your sig pic, b/c I know I haven't seen her in a while! heh.

Pride
03-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Our oline will be better then you think. We are extremely close if we didn't already officially agree with macintosh.

:eek: What the hell did you just say??

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 08:02 AM

Boston will be a better more calm player in miami. We have a wr coach he likes, he called him his "2nd father" he was his wr coach in zona. Any chance you could ask either Nostrodamus or Ms. Cleo (whoever that is you asked) for the NY Lotto nos. ?

Novacane
03-12-2004, 08:12 AM

Boston will be a better more calm player in miami. We have a wr coach he likes, he called him his "2nd father" he was his wr coach in zona.

Keep telling yourself that. No matter how much things change, things stay the same. Boston is the same person he always has been. I think Miami will regret this by the end of this season.

SABURZFAN
03-12-2004, 08:22 AM

let me jump up in the air and click my heels.:rolleyes:

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Wow, this is great news! Boston is the WORST!!!! Plus he's a head case! Perfect fit!

I'm shocked that Miami would go for a guy like that!

#1NY PhinFan
03-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Blah blah blah blah...wow..buffalo offering no real arguement, just jealousy because they pick up no one. Spikes, Malloy, added nothing last year, my fantasy team sucked because your "D" folded, and BledSUCKS..that guys done. Boston is a risk, but that's what a team does to win a SB instead of bringing the same team back four straight times to keep losing.

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 08:54 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!

David Boston!!!!!!!!

JOKE!!!!!!!

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by #1NY PhinFan
Blah blah blah blah...wow..buffalo offering no real arguement, just jealousy because they pick up no one. Spikes, Malloy, added nothing last year, my fantasy team sucked because your "D" folded, and BledSUCKS..that guys done. Boston is a risk, but that's what a team does to win a SB instead of bringing the same team back four straight times to keep losing.

Yeah I'm sure jealous of you guys getting Boston the always injured roid freak. Besides I'm sure he'll love cathing passes from A.J Feelme!:up:

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 08:58 AM
How funny is it that the 3 most dysfunctional teams in football, Oakland, Baltimore and Miami, are the teams going after Boston!

All 3 teams sign thugs, losers and mental cases and don’t understand why their teams melt down at the worst possible moments.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by #1NY PhinFan
Blah blah blah blah...wow..buffalo offering no real arguement, just jealousy because they pick up no one. Spikes, Malloy, added nothing last year, my fantasy team sucked because your "D" folded, and BledSUCKS..that guys done. Boston is a risk, but that's what a team does to win a SB instead of bringing the same team back four straight times to keep losing. How about trying to tell us what is so great about a guy who has injury/character problems.

I won't argue that there is a possibility that he could pan out just like RW. I wouldn't bet that Boston would be an instant success though.

There are possitives and negatives. Try listing them finfan.

Ickybaluky
03-12-2004, 09:06 AM
I don't care what you say, Boston is a class A dog and always will be. He is an amazing talent, but he is not a team player. He is an odd guy who doesn't get along with his own teammates, and on the field he gives periodic effort. He never has really put up great numbers against good teams, but is the king of garbage time.

Also Miami's OL is truly in disarray. It was their weakness last season and is shaping up to be even worse this year. McIntosh won't even be healthy to start the season, and he was an underachiever in SD. Really, I wonder what they are doing down there, but they are going to waste the best years of Ricky Williams career by having him run behind a 2nd-rate OL, like they did last year.

Did you hear what Howie Long had to say about Miami? I think he is right on the money.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by NE39

Did you hear what Howie Long had to say about Miami? I think he is right on the money. Fill us in.

TedMock
03-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Spikes added nothing, huh? Take a closer look and think before you type. The guy had an excellent year. It's not his fault the offense stunk. That's right, you guys would rather have Junior Seau. Before you comment on that, let me add that Seau was one of my favorite players for a very long time so I'm not bad mouthing him at all. I just get irritated when people (Bills fans and not) come in here and make 100% stupid comments that have no merit what so ever. Anyway, Boston is a tremendous talent and if it pans out you guys will have an awesome combo with he and Chambers. I don't know if I'd be happy had Buffalo signed him. I'd be more nervous than anything. He is who he is. Him being a trouble maker/cancer isn't anything new. It goes back to his days at Ohio State. He was a problem child with great talent there too.

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 09:09 AM
David Boston won't lift weights with the team and he won't eat with them either. This is what he got into trouble for with Schottenheimer.

Schobel94
03-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Boston is one messed up dude, I wouldn't sign him for league minimum, he's bad news wherever he goes. And I dont know how one can say that Miami's O-line will definately be better with only one decent player on it.

Romes
03-12-2004, 09:18 AM

:lol:

McIntosh, huh...

Chargers tackle Damion McIntosh underwent surgery on an ankle Wednesday and is expected to be sidelined for 4-6 months. McIntosh reached an agreement with the Dolphins Monday and was within an hour of having a press conference. Word got back to the Dolphins that his ankle would need surgery. The Dolphins failed McIntosh on his physical, voiding the contract. Despite the operation, McIntosh has several teams, including the Dolphins, interested in signing him. He has two choices. He can sign with a team for a minimal first-year salary and rehab at their facility until he's ready for the start of the season. His other option is to train on his own and wait to sign with a team before the start of the regular season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

News flash Dolphins your OL isn't getting any better. Put aside those teal colored glasses and look at the names infront of feely.

:lolpoint: AJ Feely

Ickybaluky
03-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Long was on Fox Radio and basically stated he felt the Dolphins were going into decline. He questioned their dumping their entire OL, and stated they will have problems along both lines next year. He said the front office is screwed up, as they don't have a clear-cut leader.

Mr B
03-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Long was on Fox Radio and basically stated he felt the Dolphins were going into decline. He questioned their dumping their entire OL, and stated they will have problems along both lines next year. He said the front office is screwed up, as they don't have a clear-cut leader.

if their Oline is weak, it wont matter who the WR's are. We found that out last season.

Alluro
03-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Say what you want about his attitude, as a Bills fan i wish we were getting Boston. When that guy is healthy he's one of the 5 best receivers in football. Boston or Josh Reed as a #2? there's no comparison. In fact, our #2 WR position scares me a great deal going into next year as Reed has proven squat and any rookie we get will take time to develop. I wish TD would get off his arse and get someone like David Boston. Hell, I WOULD RELEASE DREW BLEDSOE, and use the cap room to sign Boston. Any QB would look really good with Moulds and Boston split wide with McGahee and Henry in the backfield. Great move for the phins

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Alluro
When that guy is healthy he's one of the 5 best receivers in football.

You can't be serious! I can list 25 WR's who are better then Boston on his BEST DAY!

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Say what you want about his attitude, as a Bills fan i wish we were getting Boston. When that guy is healthy he's one of the 5 best receivers in football. Boston or Josh Reed as a #2? there's no comparison. In fact, our #2 WR position scares me a great deal going into next year as Reed has proven squat and any rookie we get will take time to develop. I wish TD would get off his arse and get someone like David Boston. Hell, I WOULD RELEASE DREW BLEDSOE, and use the cap room to sign Boston. Any QB would look really good with Moulds and Boston split wide with McGahee and Henry in the backfield. Great move for the phins Boston hasn't been good since 2001. I too would be willing to sign him with an incentive ladden contract.

For you to say to use Drews cap $$$ to get Boston is funny.

I wouldn't pay a questionable player millions.

Novacane
03-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Say what you want about his attitude, as a Bills fan i wish we were getting Boston. When that guy is healthy he's one of the 5 best receivers in football.

You are right! He plays like one of the top 5 recievers in football about 2 games per year! The rest he is either hurt or moping. This guys is not worth having on your team if he played for free. He's a locker room cancer!

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Boston is a detriment to any team. I'm glad he could go to the Fins. Perfect fit for the felons. :bf1:

Alluro
03-12-2004, 10:50 AM
IF Boston was coming here, everyone would be singing TD's praises putting a positive spin on it...and I thought boston was under contract, isn't he? what are the fins trading for him? if it's a 4th rounder or less, TD needs to get in on the bidding

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 10:52 AM
IF Boston was coming here, everyone would be singing TD's praises putting a positive spin on it...and I thought boston was under contract, isn't he? what are the fins trading for him? if it's a 4th rounder or less, TD needs to get in on the bidding there is no spinning if he gets overpaid.

ScottLawrence
03-12-2004, 10:53 AM
IF Boston was coming here, everyone would be singing TD's praises putting a positive spin on it...and I thought boston was under contract, isn't he? what are the fins trading for him? if it's a 4th rounder or less, TD needs to get in on the bidding

A conditional pick for next years draft..... Probably like a first or second round pick.

Alluro
03-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
there is no spinning if he gets overpaid.

Sure there is...countless numbers of fans spin bledsoe as the second coming with his franchise qb salary. At least boston still has some upside

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 10:56 AM

Sure there is...countless numbers of fans spin bledsoe as the second coming with his franchise qb salary. At least boston still has some upside

He sure does have upside a few more needles and he'll be 20 more Lbs.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 10:57 AM
does his upside outwiegh his dwonside ? Why don't you list the pro's and cons.

Novacane
03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
SanDeigo just wants him off thier team after only 1 year. If the phins did not take him off thier hands he was going to be cut. That says enough about him for me.

Alluro
03-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Pros
------
arguably the most physically gifted receiver in the nfl. 4.3-4.4 speed, 240 lbs - an absolute freak of nature.

Cons
------
questionable character and injury prone

You still gotta go with the talent. If Randy Moss was available would everyone be talking about his character? of course not, and Boston isn't a bad guy. He's one of the most highly tuned athletes in the world. I read somewhere that he takes up to 40 supplements a day

Disgustipatex
03-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Lmao, Miami's O-line is in disarray. That's a big problem at this point, seeing as we're fixing to play games in only 5-6 monthes.

Our O-line will be worse? Not bloody likely.

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Boston can't be mentioned in the same breath as Moss. Moss is always healthy and puts up every year. What the hell has David Boston done in the last two years? Plus I think Moss has grown up a lot and he seems to interact with his team mates more than Boston. Boston is a wierdo, and will do nothing but hurt the Dolphins. What happens come week one when Chambers has 10 catches and Boston has 1? He's gonna whine like a little *****. That is, if he doesn't get injured in preseason.

Honestly, I really hope they get Boston. I'd much rather that, than have them draft a potential stud at WR.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Pros
------
arguably the most physically gifted receiver in the nfl. 4.3-4.4 speed, 240 lbs - an absolute freak of nature.

Not since 2001 has he done anything with that talent.

Freak of nature should be a con since it's causing him problems

Cons
------
questionable character and injury prone

You still gotta go with the talent. If Randy Moss was available would everyone be talking about his character? of course not, and Boston isn't a bad guy. He's one of the most highly tuned athletes in the world. I read somewhere that he takes up to 40 supplements a day
Another con, hasn't played up to his talent since 2001.

This guys is just as big a risk a Drew and yet you want him when you don't want Drew. You are willing to give him Drew $$$? Where's the logic in that?

Drew has talent just like Boston but Drew doesn't have a history of being a headcase and injury. Your reply is not logical. I am a huge Drew critic and I don't want to replace him with another questionable player.

helmetguy
03-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Ronnie Harmon had talent too. Compared to Boston, Harmon would look like a saint!

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Keep telling yourself that. No matter how much things change, things stay the same. Boston is the same person he always has been. I think Miami will regret this by the end of this season.

He wasn't as big as a jerk off as he want in san diego, then he was when he was a cardinal. No doubt he will do something stupid, it's a given, but I don't think it will be as often or to the degree he doe with the chargers.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Wow, this is great news! Boston is the WORST!!!! Plus he's a head case! Perfect fit!

I'm shocked that Miami would go for a guy like that!

You say that any time anyone with talent is thinking about coming to the dolphins. I'm sure you said the same exact thing when we were going after ricky.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Yeah I'm sure jealous of you guys getting Boston the always injured roid freak. Besides I'm sure he'll love cathing passes from A.J Feelme!:up:

He'd probably like it more the moulds like turning around and seeing bledsoe on his back and a d-line men running down the field with the ball.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 11:21 AM

. No doubt he will do something stupid, it's a given, but I don't think it will be as often or to the degree he doe with the chargers. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he will be reunited w/ his wr coach but we don't know this for sure.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:22 AM
How funny is it that the 3 most dysfunctional teams in football, Oakland, Baltimore and Miami, are the teams going after Boston!

All 3 teams sign thugs, losers and mental cases and don’t understand why their teams melt down at the worst possible moments.

As opposed to buffalo, who's "savior" bledsoe crapped out. "godly" spikes didn't do a d*mn thing but get tooled on by ricky. And Milloy who did NOTHING. You crapped out after week 2, I wouldn't talk.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:24 AM
I don't care what you say, Boston is a class A dog and always will be. He is an amazing talent, but he is not a team player. He is an odd guy who doesn't get along with his own teammates, and on the field he gives periodic effort. He never has really put up great numbers against good teams, but is the king of garbage time.

Also Miami's OL is truly in disarray. It was their weakness last season and is shaping up to be even worse this year. McIntosh won't even be healthy to start the season, and he was an underachiever in SD. Really, I wonder what they are doing down there, but they are going to waste the best years of Ricky Williams career by having him run behind a 2nd-rate OL, like they did last year.

Did you hear what Howie Long had to say about Miami? I think he is right on the money.

It won't be worse this season, we aren't going to have rookie tackles forced into action like last year.

It's just jealousy, you guys get tired of signing duds. I'm not saying boston will work out right away, but he has a good chance to, he is coming back to the only wr coach that could control him.

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 11:26 AM

As opposed to buffalo, who's "savior" bledsoe crapped out. "godly" spikes didn't do a d*mn thing but get tooled on by ricky. And Milloy who did NOTHING. You crapped out after week 2, I wouldn't talk.

That's off topic! I didn't say anything about my team, we're talking about David Boston and my point was that Oakland, Baltimore and Miami always seem to go after head cases. If you would like to debate the Bills Free Agent moves over the past 2 years, start a new thread, but seeing as how the 3 players you mentions are not head cases, I don't see how your point works in this thread.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
Spikes added nothing, huh? Take a closer look and think before you type. The guy had an excellent year. It's not his fault the offense stunk. That's right, you guys would rather have Junior Seau. Before you comment on that, let me add that Seau was one of my favorite players for a very long time so I'm not bad mouthing him at all. I just get irritated when people (Bills fans and not) come in here and make 100% stupid comments that have no merit what so ever. Anyway, Boston is a tremendous talent and if it pans out you guys will have an awesome combo with he and Chambers. I don't know if I'd be happy had Buffalo signed him. I'd be more nervous than anything. He is who he is. Him being a trouble maker/cancer isn't anything new. It goes back to his days at Ohio State. He was a problem child with great talent there too.

First intelligent post by a bills fan in this thread. The reason you get comments like spikes did nothing was because all of the other bills fans in this thread just talk smack about the phins and garuntee boston will not work out.l

He is a tremendous talent, he did very well in zona with his wr coach, who is now on the phins, he didn't do well with the chargers and he acted out. I dont think he will be as much as a problem with the phins if he is coming back to the guy he calls a "2nd father".

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Romes

:lol:

McIntosh, huh...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

News flash Dolphins your OL isn't getting any better. Put aside those teal colored glasses and look at the names infront of feely.

:lolpoint: AJ Feely

It's getting better, and I would take ours over your's any day. Just b/c you hate the phins doesn't mean you can just talk smack about them all day, when you know their oline is getting better. If you admit it or not it is, go see who we picked up, smith has a year under his belt, and won't be forced into action as a rookie. Seriously, you talk like the bills did any better. They haven't finished ahead of miami in years.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Mr B

if their Oline is weak, it wont matter who the WR's are. We found that out last season.

Found out the same thing with the bills, except their godly qb sucked to.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:30 AM

You can't be serious! I can list 25 WR's who are better then Boston on his BEST DAY!

I challenge you to do that......

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 11:31 AM
I did say the same thing about Moss, And then every poster on this board called me crazy and said, Moss is sweet and will do well in Miami.

Notice that with Boston, only one of the posters here claim he'll do well and everyone else thinks he's a head case loser!

We're not as big of homers as you would like to think, Most of the people on this site know what's going on in this league and we realize that since his good season in Arizona, David Boston has done nothing but

Bulk up so fast that it almost has to be steroids
Alienate himself from nearly all of his teammates,
get suspended by his team a few times
Got accused of being on Coke
Got booted off of two teams
Be injured nearly all the time
and put up VERY mediocre numbers!

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Boston can't be mentioned in the same breath as Moss. Moss is always healthy and puts up every year. What the hell has David Boston done in the last two years? Plus I think Moss has grown up a lot and he seems to interact with his team mates more than Boston. Boston is a wierdo, and will do nothing but hurt the Dolphins. What happens come week one when Chambers has 10 catches and Boston has 1? He's gonna whine like a little *****. That is, if he doesn't get injured in preseason.

Honestly, I really hope they get Boston. I'd much rather that, than have them draft a potential stud at WR.

IT's funny you say that, becaue you were one of the people saying he was still childish when there wre rumors the phins and vikes were in trade talks for moss.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:33 AM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he will be reunited w/ his wr coach but we don't know this for sure.

That's all I"m saying, if he comes here he is with his old wr coach. I'm not saying the guy will pan out, but I think he can calm down.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 11:35 AM

He is a tremendous talent, he did very well in zona with his wr coach, who is now on the phins, he didn't do well with the chargers and he acted out. Did well in Arizaona, that's 2 years ago.
I dont think he will be as much as a problem with the phins if he is coming back to the guy he calls a "2nd father".
I'm not saying boston will work out right away, but he has a good chance to, he is coming back to the only wr coach that could control him.. So based on your logic, Drew could be better too because we have arguably the best OL coach and Wyche who is considerd to be one of the best qb coach?

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:35 AM

That's off topic! I didn't say anything about my team, we're talking about David Boston and my point was that Oakland, Baltimore and Miami always seem to go after head cases. If you would like to debate the Bills Free Agent moves over the past 2 years, start a new thread, but seeing as how the 3 players you mentions are not head cases, I don't see how your point works in this thread.

No, hte only reason you talk smack about boston is becuase he has talent and he is looking at other teams. If he were looking at the bills, you would be saying, "he's a great talent, he's not that bad of a guy". You said the same thing about ricky.

You were talking about phins possible moves, so I talked about to recent ones the bills made that didn't pan out. B/c you are saying htere is no way boston will work out.

Alluro
03-12-2004, 11:36 AM
who cares if it was two years ago? how long ago was bledsoe any good before he got to the bills, and we gave up a first for him...what exactly did the dolphins give up for him? if they got him for free it is highway robbery

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:37 AM
I did say the same thing about Moss, And then every poster on this board called me crazy and said, Moss is sweet and will do well in Miami.

Notice that with Boston, only one of the posters here claim he'll do well and everyone else thinks he's a head case loser!

We're not as big of homers as you would like to think, Most of the people on this site know what's going on in this league and we realize that since his good season in Arizona, David Boston has done nothing but

Bulk up so fast that it almost has to be steroids
Alienate himself from nearly all of his teammates,
get suspended by his team a few times
Got accused of being on Coke
Got booted off of two teams
Be injured nearly all the time
and put up VERY mediocre numbers!

And when did his problems start, when he left his wr coach "2nd father", left to another team. Stats went down, and he was acting like an idiot.

I don't care what he does off the field as long as it's not drugs, he can put on a pink dress and play water polo for all I care. The guy is an animal, he would be coming back to the one guy that can control him, and he will do well.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Did well in Arizaona, that's 2 years ago. So based on your logic, Drew could be better too because we have arguably the best OL coach and Wyche who is considerd to be one of the best qb coach?

No b/c you oline didn't have untapped talent, it was just bad, like ours. IF you had a troubled oline player, who had a lot of upside if he would just shut up and play, then yea, if the oline coach was like a mentor and father figure to the guy, I have no doubt he could make him into a good oline player, and make drew better b/c of that.

I'm not syaing it just b/c he is a good wr coach, but because he has touched base with boston, he is a father figure, not just a coach, he is someone boston looks up to.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:40 AM
who cares if it was two years ago? how long ago was bledsoe any good before he got to the bills, and we gave up a first for him...what exactly did the dolphins give up for him? if they got him for free it is highway robbery

Are you the only bills fan here not speaking with bias, you seem to be the only one that has a clue what you are talking about. Not becuae you agree that boston will work out, but just b/c you are not like all these other bills fans who are hating on boston, saying he will never work out. But if he were coming to buffalo would pull a 180 the other way.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 11:41 AM
who cares if it was two years ago? how long ago was bledsoe any good before he got to the bills, and we gave up a first for him... I'm not arguing that Drew hasn't been good since his first 8 games for the bills. What I don't understand is you are willing to give Boston who hasn't done squat the money that is due to Drew?

Sure replace a qb that sucks with a wr that sucks with injury problems and character problems as well for the same $$$. :scratch:

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 11:44 AM

Are you the only bills fan here not speaking with bias, you seem to be the only one that has a clue what you are talking about. Not becuae you agree that boston will work out, but just b/c you are not like all these other bills fans who are hating on boston, saying he will never work out. But if he were coming to buffalo would pull a 180 the other way. If you think someone who thinks paying Boston 6 million/yr has a clue then theres nothing to discuss.

Hell if the fins signed Boston with his current contract , I'll laugh my a$$ off.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Well if u trade for him the chargers have to pick up some of the tab.

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 11:46 AM

IT's funny you say that, becaue you were one of the people saying he was still childish when there wre rumors the phins and vikes were in trade talks for moss.

I think I said I wouldn't stress it if Moss came, because it is stilll the pathetic Dolphins. I worry about New England.

No matter how good Miami's WRs get, the rest of the team has gotten/will get weaker come opening day.

I never said anything about him being "childish." I actually like Moss a lot.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Well if u trade for him the chargers have to pick up some of the tab. only the signing bonus. Do you even know how much he is due for the next 3 years?

Alluro
03-12-2004, 11:47 AM
I thought boston was under contract..so whatever his contract is now with the chargers, i'd gladly pay him that and cut drew if that's what it took to pay him. If we are going to spend 5-6 million on a player, i would rather pay someone with the physical ability to be a top 5 player at his position, than THE most overrated QB of the past 15 years

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Then you don't know what you are talking about, you must have been the guy that got slammed for saying that. Moss is a very very very good wr. He is good enough he would make a huge impact if he came to miami. Even though we don't have a great qb, or oline, all moss does is catch lob passes. He mad Ferotte look like a god.

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 11:50 AM
2nd father, LMAO. What a Crock of S#it, you're not buying that are you?

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Part of the trade lingers on him reconstructing his contract.

The Spaz

Of course he's his father his mother has been tellling him that for years!:snicker:

Marino13Phins

Yea I am, he mentions it in almost every interview, in anything I have read. And he played well in zona, and didn't act like a d*ck. Yea I believe it, your jealous.... it's that simple.

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 11:52 AM

I challenge you to do that......
\

This was probably a waste of my time, because you’re obviously find excuses to take off half of my list, but I’d take any of these guys over Boston.

1.Randy Moss
2.Lavernious Coles
3. Terrell Owens
4. Torry Holt
5. Boldin
6. Hines Ward
7 Plexico Burris
8. Eric Moulds
9. Chris Chambers
10. Chad Johnson
11. Steve Smith
12. Joe Horn
13. Rod Smith
14. Issac Bruce
15. Reggie Wayne
16. Darrel Jackson
17. Plexico Burris
18. Peerless Price
19. Justin McCarians
20. Marvin Harrison
21. Derrick Mason
22. Andre Johnson
23. Jimmy Smith
24. Keenen McCardell
25. Donald Driver

Alluro
03-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Damn..if he's going to restructure than Donahoe should have really gotten off his arse!! Josh Reed is not the answer...This bites, the entire division is getting WAY better except us.

Alluro
03-12-2004, 11:54 AM

\

This was probably a waste of my time, because you’re obviously find excuses to take off half of my list, but I’d take any of these guys over Boston.

1.Randy Moss
2.Lavernious Coles
3. Terrell Owens
4. Torry Holt
5. Boldin
6. Hines Ward
7 Plexico Burris
8. Eric Moulds
9. Chris Chambers
10. Chad Johnson
11. Steve Smith
12. Joe Horn
13. Rod Smith
14. Issac Bruce
15. Reggie Wayne
16. Darrel Jackson
17. Plexico Burris
18. Peerless Price
19. Justin McCarians
20. Marvin Harrison
21. Derrick Mason
22. Andre Johnson
23. Jimmy Smith
24. Keenen McCardell
25. Donald Driver

On pure talent, i'd be hard pressed to put any of them short of Moss or TO in front of Boston. The guy is an incredible talent

Gonk
03-12-2004, 11:56 AM
The guy is 25. The guy has been putting up amazing numbers ever since he's been in the league. A 1150 yd season his 2nd year. A 1600 yd season in 2001, his THIRD YEAR! In 2002 he was on pace for another great season before he got hurt.

Last year in SD he would've put up another 1000 yd season if he hadn't had two horrible, injured QB's throwing him the ball (Brees and Flutie) and wasn't out for 2 games.

The guy has been raw talent since college. He was the 8th pick overall in 1999.

He's big enough and strong enough to be a linebacker, and as fast as any WR in the league (4.3 forty)

He's got all the tools to be successful. He just needs to get his attitude in order and get his priorities straight.

I think he'd be a great fit in Miami simply because he will be reunited with Jerry Sullivan, our current WR coach, who was the Offensive Coordinator in Arizona when he was most successful.

I don't care what you guys say, you all know that when this guy has his game on-- he is one of the best players in the NFL.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 11:57 AM

\

1.Randy Moss
2.Lavernious Coles
3. Terrell Owens
4. Torry Holt
5. Boldin
6. Hines Ward
7 Plexico Burris
8. Eric Moulds
9. Chris Chambers
10. Chad Johnson
11. Steve Smith
12. Joe Horn
13. Rod Smith
14. Issac Bruce
15. Reggie Wayne
16. Darrel Jackson
17. Plexico Burris
18. Peerless Price
19. Justin McCarians
20. Marvin Harrison
21. Derrick Mason
22. Andre Johnson
23. Jimmy Smith
24. Keenen McCardell
25. Donald Driver

You didn't say guys you would take over boston, you said guys better then boston on his best day. And if I take them off it's for a reason.

1. Boldin - by your logic on good year means nothing
2. owens- (i feel he is a better wr) but by your logic again he is a head case so he can't be good.
3. horn
4. r smith
5 burris you listend him 2 times!
6 mccarians (are you kidding me?)
7 Johnson - year right
8 Mccardell - please
9 driver - one good year so he can't be good

And that was me taking it easy, on boston's best day he could beat a lot of those guys.

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 11:57 AM

Yea I am, he mentions it in almost every interview, in anything I have read. And he played well in zona, and didn't act like a d*ck. Yea I believe it, your jealous.... it's that simple.

Listen, I fully admit that I was pissed when you guys got Ricky, But I’ll tell you right now and I know there’s no way you’ll ever believe me, but saying that I’d be jealous of the Dolphins getting David Friggen Boston would NEVER happen. Maybe 3 years ago before went nuts, but not a chance nowadays!

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 11:58 AM

On pure talent, i'd be hard pressed to put any of them short of Moss or TO in front of Boston. The guy is an incredible talent

It's about talent, production and consistensy

Marino13Phins
Originally posted by Gonk
The guy is 25. The guy has been putting up amazing numbers ever since he's been in the league. A 1150 yd season his 2nd year. A 1600 yd season in 2001, his THIRD YEAR! In 2002 he was on pace for another great season before he got hurt.

Last year in SD he would've put up another 1000 yd season if he hadn't had two horrible, injured QB's throwing him the ball (Brees and Flutie) and wasn't out for 2 games.

The guy has been raw talent since college. He was the 8th pick overall in 1999.

He's big enough and strong enough to be a linebacker, and as fast as any WR in the league (4.3 forty)

He's got all the tools to be successful. He just needs to get his attitude in order and get his priorities straight.

I think he'd be a great fit in Miami simply because he will be reunited with Jerry Sullivan, our current WR coach, who was the Offensive Coordinator in Arizona when he was most successful.

I don't care what you guys say, you all know that when this guy has his game on-- he is one of the best players in the NFL.

enough said, bills fans are jealous their office is actually doing worse then ours at going after people.

Patrick76777

We'll you're just trying to prove your point because we all jumped on you.

So I'll excuse your lapse of judgement.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Then you don't know what you are talking about, you must have been the guy that got slammed for saying that. Moss is a very very very good wr. He is good enough he would make a huge impact if he came to miami. Even though we don't have a great qb, or oline, all moss does is catch lob passes. He mad Ferotte look like a god.
Part of the trade lingers on him reconstructing his contract. Are you part of the negotiations? No! You are making assumptions. You still have no nos. because you don't know.

he makes 3.9, 5m.5m respectively forthe next 3 years.

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 12:01 PM
It’s been fun guys, but I’m off to Lunch! Good luck with Boston, you’ll need it. I’m going to save this thread.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 12:03 PM

Listen, I fully admit that I was pissed when you guys got Ricky, But I’ll tell you right now and I know there’s no way you’ll ever believe me, but saying that I’d be jealous of the Dolphins getting David Friggen Boston would NEVER happen. Maybe 3 years ago before went nuts, but not a chance nowadays!

Fine I can see where you are coming from, but I don't believe you when you say this guy is no talent garbage that can't be controlled.

Marino13Phins
03-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Are you part of the negotiations? No! You are making assumptions. You still have no nos. because you don't know.

he makes 3.9, 5m.5m respectively forthe next 3 years.

Do you think anyone will sign him unless he does, think about it, and I've read it numerous times already, albeit rumors, but it's obviously.

baalworship
03-12-2004, 12:06 PM
There's more to football than talent. There's dedication, teamwork, discipline, and the will to win. Boston is weak in all these areas. If football was a track meet or weigh-in, Boston is a stud. Give me a WR that likes football over shooting roids and growth hormone any day.

As for jealousy, I like it! That's my new excuse anytime another fan has a LEGITIMATE criticism of a Bills player. Bledsoe sucks? No, you're just jealous because you have Fiedler-Feeley.

BTW, I made fun of Atlanta Falcon fans who wanted Boston in FA over trading for Price. Boston's value is low because most teams want team players. Does that make me jealous as well? Or is it just jealousy when it's the Dolphins? Truth is, I thought this guy was garbage last year and his performance in 2003 did nothing to improve that. If you want, go to atlantafalcons.com and check out my posts from last FA.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 12:08 PM

Do you think anyone will sign him unless he does, think about it, and I've read it numerous times already, albeit rumors, but it's obviously. so why are you saying that a Bills fan who is willing to pay Boston Drew's salary is the only one with a clue. Get as grip of yourself and please, before you run off telling mommy (FH) stories, don't make it seem like you're the hero.

cordog
03-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Fine I can see where you are coming from, but I don't believe you when you say this guy is no talent garbage that can't be controlled.

Why would SD get rid of him after they just signed him last year?

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 01:29 PM
It's a risk. Sometimes you have to take a risk to be great. Is the guy a headcase? Sure. But he's 1 hell of a talented receiver. If he stays healthy he's a huge upgrade. Plus with his size he'll be a pretty good downfield blocker for Ricky.

I'm not Nostradamus but I think he'll be happier in Miami. I couldn't understand why he signed with San Diego with Schottenheimer as the coach in the 1st place.

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
There's more to football than talent. There's dedication, teamwork, discipline, and the will to win. Boston is weak in all these areas. If football was a track meet or weigh-in, Boston is a stud. Give me a WR that likes football over shooting roids and growth hormone any day.

As for jealousy, I like it! That's my new excuse anytime another fan has a LEGITIMATE criticism of a Bills player. Bledsoe sucks? No, you're just jealous because you have Fiedler-Feeley.

BTW, I made fun of Atlanta Falcon fans who wanted Boston in FA over trading for Price. Boston's value is low because most teams want team players. Does that make me jealous as well? Or is it just jealousy when it's the Dolphins? Truth is, I thought this guy was garbage last year and his performance in 2003 did nothing to improve that. If you want, go to atlantafalcons.com and check out my posts from last FA.

His performance last year was as good as Moulds. 70 catches for 880 yds in 14 games isn't exactly garbage.

TedMock
03-12-2004, 01:33 PM
The guy is an unbelievable talent and as much as it pains me I have to agree with dolfan25 on taking risks. That's a reason I like TD. Like I said before, if he's on, he's dangerous. The problem is that he's always been somewhat of a problem. If I was a Phin fan, I'd be nervous right now but a little excited. I'd have very cautious optimism.

nolimit
03-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Williams34 u r the biggest little biatch I have ever seen. Go back to finhell and cry to your boys about how Bills fans a p.o.ed.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?threadid=34892

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25
It's a risk. Sometimes you have to take a risk to be great. Is the guy a headcase? Sure. But he's 1 hell of a talented receiver. If he stays healthy he's a huge upgrade. Plus with his size he'll be a pretty good downfield blocker for Ricky.

I'm not Nostradamus but I think he'll be happier in Miami. I couldn't understand why he signed with San Diego with Schottenheimer as the coach in the 1st place.

I agree. How much are you willing to pay a risk is the question.

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Where is the comparision to Drew type money coming from. I think Drew is making a lot more than Boston. Maybe I'm wrong.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
Williams34 u r the biggest little biatch I have ever seen. Go back to finhell and cry to your boys about how Bills fans a p.o.ed.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?threadid=34892 don't worry. He disappeared from both boards after he ran crying to mommy because he got owned. He had no answers.

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 01:41 PM

ooops

mikedd74
03-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Who cares about Boston he is a team cancer and will continue to be one in Miami, We can address Wr in the draft with a receiver let mIami waste there money on that headcase

Patrick76777
03-12-2004, 01:44 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25272&highlight=David+Boston

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mikedd74
Who cares about Boston he is a team cancer and will continue to be one in Miami, We can address Wr in the draft with a receiver let mIami waste there money on that headcase

Exact same thing was said about Ricky

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 01:48 PM
His performance last year was as good as Moulds. 70 catches for 880 yds in 14 games isn't exactly garbage.

I didn't catch the atricle where Boston played most of the year on a bad hammy.....

SABURZFAN
03-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by mikedd74

by who?

nolimit
03-12-2004, 01:50 PM

Ricky was never anywhere near the cancer that Boston is. But it really doesnt matter, you guys better pray that you get Boston cuz u will never live it down if you dont. BTW, Espn insider says the Niners are interested in Boston.

nolimit
03-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I didn't catch the atricle where Boston played most of the year on a bad hammy.....

dolfan just got owned. Now flee.

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

excuses

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 02:08 PM

excuses

Facts look it up!:up:

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

by who?

Probably you. Nope I didn't hear Bills fans saying he was a headcase that's always injured and will do nothing for the Fins. Nope no one said that. No one said that he was introverted and not a team guy.

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Facts look it up!:up:

So he didn't play well because of a bad hamstring. May be a fact. Still an excuse and that's a fact.

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 02:20 PM
excuses

Hey- I'd rather have a guy with great skills getting only 800 yards due to a bad hammy, than a guy with great skills getting only 800 yards who is getting dumped by his second team in 2 seasons because of a bad head on his shoulders.

Good luck with im. I'm rooting for Spielmen and the Huezenga front office to shine AGAIN this offseason....:lolpoint: stupid fish

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 02:20 PM

So he didn't play well because of a bad hamstring. May be a fact. Still an excuse and that's a fact.

Well when you're not 100% it's kind of hard to go all out isn't that a fact?:up:

Novacane
03-12-2004, 03:19 PM
I thought boston was under contract..so whatever his contract is now with the chargers, i'd gladly pay him that and cut drew if that's what it took to pay him. If we are going to spend 5-6 million on a player, i would rather pay someone with the physical ability to be a top 5 player at his position, than THE most overrated QB of the past 15 years

Believe me.......there is not a soul on this board that hates Bledsoe(as a player not a person) more than me but I would never be for replacing him with Boston. 5-6 mill per year on Boston is crazy.

Novacane
03-12-2004, 03:21 PM

That's the funniest part of thier arguement! :up:

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 03:28 PM

If you really think that most Bils Fans would get all bent out shape if Miami scored Moss, you are clueless. Find the thread(s). I'm sure you'll see that I wasn't the only one not stressing about the Fins possibly getting Moss.

I don't stress about competition who falls apart in December.

Novacane
03-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

I don't stress about competition who falls apart in December.

:laughter: No matter who they sign.

STAMPY
03-12-2004, 03:35 PM
i'm gunna be honest and not be a crazy homer... miami getting david boston is bad news for us... he is david boston, ego, attitude, ***** YES... Talent YES u don't lose talent. and i rather them not have him

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i'm gunna be honest and not be a crazy homer... miami getting david boston is bad news for us... he is david boston, ego, attitude, ***** YES... Talent YES u don't lose talent. and i rather them not have him I can only hope they overpay him so they can't get anymore stud OL and have to let Ogun go in the process.

helmetguy
03-12-2004, 03:45 PM
If Miami does sign Boston, I want their Chap-Stick franchise. Boston won't be worth a crap without all of South Florida kissing his ass.

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Miami is the perfect place for him to start up the coke habit again...
Lots of distractions for a guy like Boston, living in South Florida. :mex:

MDFINFAN
03-13-2004, 08:12 PM
This is the longest threat I've seen about a player who's not even on the phins team yet....Wow, if this any indication, this will the most ever phins\bills arguments threats this season....You guys waste a lot of time of nothing...