X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

This is how NOT to treat your customers

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

I'm rabal at KFFL

Please read the above thread

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I already knew that PFT was garbage but this confirms it!

PFT

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Well, I won't be visiitng that site any time soon. I hate people who can't take criticism, heck you didn't even do that, you asked a good question and the guy basically told you to go take a dump in your hat. Very unprofessional.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

That is pretty classless of them...A competent site would of found the source in the CBA and quoted it...It was my understanding that you can't restructure any deal within 12 months of it being signed...I am not doubting them completely but to make attacks is very unprofessional..Maybe he asked TO's agent. He seems up on things

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I won't ever give a steamy crap about visiting their classless site.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

Well as accurate as their reports have been this year, they obviously dont know their heads from their asses.
            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• clumping platelets

@Jan

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

man, if thats not great pr, idk what is.
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

who the hell is PFT?
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I'd tell you- but I don't want to give them the time of day.

It's the National Enquirer of Football sites.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Clump, though I agree their responses were rude, I think they may be correct in that the contract can be restructured.

There are prohibitions on restricted tenders that are matched. For instance, the player nor club can exercise an option in the matched deal until after the trading deadline that year. Also, the contract can not be renegotiated to reduce the salary until after the trading deadline.

However, a restructure of a contract is not a renegotiation. The principle terms are not changed, nor the length of the deal. The only difference is a roster bonus is converted to signing bonus, which has a cap effect but the actual salary doesn't change. In the Jets case with Morton, which you pointed out, they were denied by the league because they wanted to change the principle terms of the offer.

Basically, once the offer becomes a contract (with either team), it is like any other contract. A player contract can be restructured immediately after being signed, however once it is restructured it cannot be restructured again for a full year.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by NE39
                        Clump, though I agree their responses were rude, I think they may be correct in that the contract can be restructured.

There are prohibitions on restricted tenders that are matched. For instance, the player nor club can exercise an option in the matched deal until after the trading deadline that year. Also, the contract can not be renegotiated to reduce the salary until after the trading deadline.

However, a restructure of a contract is not a renegotiation. The principle terms are not changed, nor the length of the deal. The only difference is a roster bonus is converted to signing bonus, which has a cap effect but the actual salary doesn't change. In the Jets case with Morton, which you pointed out, they were denied by the league because they wanted to change the principle terms of the offer.

Basically, once the offer becomes a contract (with either team), it is like any other contract. A player contract can be restructured immediately after being signed, however once it is restructured it cannot be restructured again for a full year.

I understand what you posted, but does it not circumvent the intention of the offer sheet? The Bears sign Tait to an offer sheet for whatever provisions and KC should be required to honor those provisions for at least the 1st year......why else do you hear that "the team must construct a contract to prevent matching". It's usually a cap hit issue as opposed to a dollar issue. What's the incentive for a team to sign a "tagged" player when the original team can match and then make the deal cap friendly for them?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

CP. one more thing -- quit being a wiener **give finger**

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                            CP. one more thing -- quit being a wiener **give finger**

Comment

• Halbert
                              I'm Not Normal
                              • Jul 2002

Maybe by "weiner" he meant "you big stud" and "give finger" he meant you were Number 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X