clumping platelets
03-12-2004, 06:44 AM
http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59884

I'm rabal at KFFL

Please read the above thread

:shakeno:

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 06:50 AM
I already knew that PFT was garbage but this confirms it!

:monkey:PFT

Forward_Lateral
03-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Well, I won't be visiitng that site any time soon. I hate people who can't take criticism, heck you didn't even do that, you asked a good question and the guy basically told you to go take a dump in your hat. Very unprofessional.

don137
03-12-2004, 06:56 AM
That is pretty classless of them...A competent site would of found the source in the CBA and quoted it...It was my understanding that you can't restructure any deal within 12 months of it being signed...I am not doubting them completely but to make attacks is very unprofessional..Maybe he asked TO's agent. He seems up on things :snicker:

Jan Reimers
03-12-2004, 07:07 AM
I won't ever give a steamy crap about visiting their classless site.

Gunzlingr
03-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Well as accurate as their reports have been this year, they obviously dont know their heads from their asses.

clumping platelets
03-12-2004, 07:28 AM
:rofl:@Jan

JefftheBillsfan
03-12-2004, 07:35 AM
man, if thats not great pr, idk what is.

SABURZFAN
03-12-2004, 08:37 AM
who the hell is PFT?

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 09:00 AM
I'd tell you- but I don't want to give them the time of day.

It's the National Enquirer of Football sites.

Ickybaluky
03-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Clump, though I agree their responses were rude, I think they may be correct in that the contract can be restructured.

There are prohibitions on restricted tenders that are matched. For instance, the player nor club can exercise an option in the matched deal until after the trading deadline that year. Also, the contract can not be renegotiated to reduce the salary until after the trading deadline.

However, a restructure of a contract is not a renegotiation. The principle terms are not changed, nor the length of the deal. The only difference is a roster bonus is converted to signing bonus, which has a cap effect but the actual salary doesn't change. In the Jets case with Morton, which you pointed out, they were denied by the league because they wanted to change the principle terms of the offer.

Basically, once the offer becomes a contract (with either team), it is like any other contract. A player contract can be restructured immediately after being signed, however once it is restructured it cannot be restructured again for a full year.

clumping platelets
03-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by NE39
Clump, though I agree their responses were rude, I think they may be correct in that the contract can be restructured.

There are prohibitions on restricted tenders that are matched. For instance, the player nor club can exercise an option in the matched deal until after the trading deadline that year. Also, the contract can not be renegotiated to reduce the salary until after the trading deadline.

However, a restructure of a contract is not a renegotiation. The principle terms are not changed, nor the length of the deal. The only difference is a roster bonus is converted to signing bonus, which has a cap effect but the actual salary doesn't change. In the Jets case with Morton, which you pointed out, they were denied by the league because they wanted to change the principle terms of the offer.

Basically, once the offer becomes a contract (with either team), it is like any other contract. A player contract can be restructured immediately after being signed, however once it is restructured it cannot be restructured again for a full year.

I understand what you posted, but does it not circumvent the intention of the offer sheet? The Bears sign Tait to an offer sheet for whatever provisions and KC should be required to honor those provisions for at least the 1st year......why else do you hear that "the team must construct a contract to prevent matching". It's usually a cap hit issue as opposed to a dollar issue. What's the incentive for a team to sign a "tagged" player when the original team can match and then make the deal cap friendly for them?

Earthquake Enyart
03-12-2004, 09:57 AM
CP. one more thing -- quit being a wiener **give finger**

:rofl:

clumping platelets
03-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
CP. one more thing -- quit being a wiener **give finger**

:rofl:

:mad:

Halbert
03-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Maybe by "weiner" he meant "you big stud" and "give finger" he meant you were Number 1.

clumping platelets
03-12-2004, 10:27 AM
You may be on to something :huh: .............NOT!

Kolbiss
03-12-2004, 10:45 AM
I e-mailed florio a few minutes ago telling him I no longer woul be viewing his site, and told him why.....he was pretty quick to put the blame on you.......typical!