PDA

View Full Version : My favorite Bill

T-ROCK
03-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Maybe it's because he was out of the University of Miami, but 14 games a season I always cheered for Jim Kelly...

What was the name of the guy who wore a plastic covering on his helmet??? The hard hitting guy who started on ST for the Bills...

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by T-ROCK
Maybe it's because he was out of the University of Miami, but 14 games a season I always cheered for Jim Kelly...

What was the name of the guy who wore a plastic covering on his helmet??? The hard hitting guy who started on ST for the Bills...

You're thinking of Mark Kelso but I wouldn't say that he hit very hard.

Romes
03-12-2004, 01:45 PM
The hard hitting special teamer was Steve Tasker but he didn't wear a plastic covering on his helmet, i don't think.

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Kelso had the funny hat, long time safety for the Bills-
Tasker was the ST player

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/timezone/billscards/1991-kelso.JPGhttp://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/timezone/billscards/1993-Tasker.JPG

Ebenezer
03-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Romes
The hard hitting special teamer was Steve Tasker but he didn't wear a plastic covering on his helmet, i don't think.

Actually, I think Tasker did wear it for a game or two and I think there was somebody else too...there were even a couple of others in the league...I remember somebody from the Colts...but those were short-term things.

Dantheman1280
03-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Favorite Bill ever no brainer

JIM KELLY!! 2nd BRUCEEEEEEEEEE

TedMock
03-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Jim Kelly without question. I never hated Marino because it was such a great rivalry and he wasn't dirty. He and Jim played some great games against each other's teams.

Devin
03-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Kelly hands down, with Thurman a close 2nd

mikedd74
03-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Kelly, Thurman ,Bruce in that order

dolfan25
03-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Holy crap how the NFL has changed.

Look at Kelso. Does it look like Kelso could play in today's NFL. Man he looks like a stick compared to safeties today.

Devin
03-12-2004, 03:15 PM
indeed, although Tasker I think could still do it, man that guy was fast.

The_Philster
03-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Actually, I think Tasker did wear it for a game or two and I think there was somebody else too...there were even a couple of others in the league...I remember somebody from the Colts...but those were short-term things.

Don Beebe wore one for a short time

T-ROCK
03-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
Jim Kelly without question. I never hated Marino because it was such a great rivalry and he wasn't dirty. He and Jim played some great games against each other's teams.

No doubt... Many great games...

As for Kelso/Tasker... Yes, I got the 2 confused, tasker was the ST guy...

The thing with Kelly, Marino, Elway, Favre, Montana... When you watched any of them play, they were fierce competitors no matter the score... And you never counted their teams out until the end...

When the Bills lost the 1st SB, I have to admit, I smiled... But I really pulled for them the other 3... I don't care what ANYONE says, I'd rather get there and lose 4 in a row than not at all... Takes a great team to get there twice in a row, but 4 times is really an accomplishment...

Bert102176
03-12-2004, 05:46 PM
I wish I could name a favorite but it's a tie between so many Bills, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, James Lofton, Don Beebe, Nate Odoms, Bruce Smith, Kenneth Davis, Pete Metzilaars, Kieth McKeller, Phil Hanson, Leon Seals, Leanard Smith, Cornelious Bennett, Steve Tasker, Mark Pike, Ted Washington, Eric Moulds, Travis Henry and many more

r_ruffolo
03-13-2004, 10:45 PM
I gotta say Traveres Tillman, or maybe Raion Hill.

Jan Reimers
03-14-2004, 06:09 AM
Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion, Cookie Gilchrist, Tom Sestak, Mike Stratton, Jack Kemp, Joe Ferguson, Frank Reich, Jim Kelly, Darryl Talley, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Steve Tasker, Don Beebe.

The_Philster
03-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Al Bemiller, Billy Shaw, BRUCE Smith, Thurman, Tasker, Metzelaars all have to be on my list along with Kelly and Reed.