PDA

View Full Version : should Gash stay or go

bills_7
03-12-2004, 03:34 PM
do u think we r better off with Gash or a FB with more capabilities when it comes to running and recieving???

Michael82
03-12-2004, 03:38 PM
I'm pissed off that Donahoe has not even offered him a new contract. I think he should be re-signed and used the right way, he will make some nice holes for Henry and McGahee.

The_Philster
03-12-2004, 03:38 PM
I'd love to see him return but I don't see it happening.

Michael82
03-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I'd love to see him return but I don't see it happening.

why? What did he do wrong? He even said that he would love to come back, I don't know why they won't. We only have one FB right now and he didn't even play last year. :eek:

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Maybe we want a FB that's going to be here a few years. I like Gash but he's what 34-35 This could be his last year then we're looking at another FB next year.

Michael82
03-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Maybe we want a FB that's going to be here a few years. I like Gash but he's what 34-35 This could be his last year then we're looking at another FB next year.

then i bet TD is looking to draft a FB in the 3rd or 4th round. :D
If he wanted someone young, why wouldn't he have sent an offer to Terrelle Smith? He's young. :mad:

bills_7
03-12-2004, 03:54 PM
do u think if we had a FB like Centres again Drew would be able to dump the ball off easier under pressure cause henry's not the greatiest reciever either

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

then i bet TD is looking to draft a FB in the 3rd or 4th round. :D
If he wanted someone young, why wouldn't he have sent an offer to Terrelle Smith? He's young. :mad:

I am thinking TD will be looking at a FB later in the draft. TD must have thought that Smith wanted more money than he is worth.

The Spaz
03-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
do u think if we had a FB like Centres again Drew would be able to dump the ball off easier under pressure cause henry's not the greatiest reciever either

Henry isn't that bad of a receiver either 2 years ago he had like 40-50 catches. Also don't forget McGahee he can catch the ball out of the backfield as well.

Michael82
03-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I am thinking TD will be looking at a FB later in the draft. TD must have thought that Smith wanted more money than he is worth.

His deal was pretty cheap and I bet you that Deuce McCallister could tell you how much he will miss Smith from all those big holes that he opened for him.

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm pissed off that Donahoe has not even offered him a new contract. I think he should be re-signed and used the right way, he will make some nice holes for Henry and McGahee.

Another day on the rollercoaster.

Let's see what happens. Of all the positions on a football team- I think the FB needs the fewest skills. You need 250 lbs on ya, a little speed, that's about it. Pick up blittzes- and of all the blockers on the field, the FB gets the most time to set up his block.

I wonder if Allstott is in Salary Cap trouble.

The_Philster
03-12-2004, 04:00 PM
why? What did he do wrong? He even said that he would love to come back, I don't know why they won't. We only have one FB right now and he didn't even play last year. :eek:
Nothing at all...but they've talked like they weren't going to pursue him. Hopefully, that's just a smokescreen or they change their minds.

Michael82
03-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Another day on the rollercoaster.

Let's see what happens. Of all the positions on a football team- I think the FB needs the fewest skills. You need 250 lbs on ya, a little speed, that's about it. Pick up blittzes- and of all the blockers on the field, the FB gets the most time to set up his block.

I wonder if Allstott is in Salary Cap trouble.

That could be it. I wonder if Donahoe knows that some teams will be shedding more players in the next two months and that's why he isn't doing anything. I would LOVE Alstott! :up:

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 04:08 PM
No way in hell any competent GM drafts a blocking FB in the first 4 rounds.

Michael82
03-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
No way in hell any competent GM drafts a blocking FB in the first 4 rounds.

what about a pass catching/run blocking FB in the 5th or 6th round?

bills_7
03-12-2004, 04:22 PM
has gash been talking to any teams???

Michael82
03-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
has gash been talking to any teams???

Not that I know of.

Bert102176
03-12-2004, 05:58 PM
I want him back and to retire a Bill if someone can make the Hall of Fame from their blocking Gash would be that guy, not saying it'll happen but I have always liked Gash and never wanted him to leave before.