PDA

View Full Version : The magic in buffalo continues.....

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 02:23 PM
The season is just right around the corner and everyone is getting pumped so I thought I'd stirr it up a little for all you excited Bledsoe supporters.....

so you ask yourself how is Bledsoe so darn good well here it is....

1.)His career record against teams .500 or better is 32-55
2.)His record against teams .500 or better since '97 is 14-27
3.)His tremendous playoff performances averaging 20 for 39
for 206 yards, 51.5%, 5.3 YPA, .8 TD, 2 INTs
4.)His tremendous record against the Jets and Phins: 7-9, 6-10
respectively
5.)His tremendous record against the Jets and Phins since '98:
1-5 for both
6.)His incredible average of 18.6 TDs over his last three full
seasons
7.)His imminently large signing bonus and high salary to help you
not deviate from past cap practices too much
8.)His track record of tossing 40% of his TDs since '95 vs. the
weakest opponents on the schedule while tossing only 49 TDs
in the other 68 games, or less than 3/4 of a TD on average in
75% of his games
9.)He's had 1 and a half great seasons during a 9-yr. eer
10.)He doesn't show up in the biggest games that he's played in
11.)He's had 1 in 6 games in the playoffs in which he's thrown for
more TDs than INTs, and that in a 16/32 for 139, 50%, 4.3
YPA, 1 TD, 0 INT effort in which the team only scored 10
offensive points and courtesy of a defensive INT setting the O
up a the opponent's 29
12.)The fact that for all intents and purposes he's
been "replaced" by a slightly better than average second
year, 5th round pick QB.
13.)6 of his 9 seasons in which he couldn't toss more than 20 TDs
and often as low as 13
14.)He made the "Pro-Bowl" three times and that should override
any performance concerns that you have
:up:

don137
07-24-2002, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WCoastFin
[B]The season is just right around the corner and everyone is getting pumped so I thought I'd stirr it up a little for all you excited Bledsoe supporters.....

:stupid: Now #10 is funny considering Fielder's stat's that last couple years in the playoffs...0 TD's and 4 Int's against the Raiders and Ravens the last two years.

SoCalBillsFan
07-24-2002, 02:33 PM
15. Despite all that, he is still better than Jay Fiedler

Patrick76777
07-24-2002, 02:33 PM
Who cares dude. Wait til the season starts. Then we'll see

WG
07-24-2002, 02:38 PM
That sounds very familiar there WCoast!!

;)

However, he'll be fine! Given time, he'll have success. Time behind our OL that is. We've got the BEEF now!

SoCalBillsFan
07-24-2002, 02:56 PM
wys stood up for bledsoe!

:up:

bills_phan
07-24-2002, 02:57 PM
1.) He didn't have the receivers in NE that he has in Buffalo, quote all the stats you like.

7.)His imminently large signing bonus and high salary to help you
not deviate from past cap practices too much
You obviously have no understanding of the salary cap. NE takes the hit for his bonus. The Bills are only responsible for his yearly salary. In fact, if Buffalo cut DB tomorrow, he would have exactly no impact on the salary cap ever.

Did you happen to catch that AFC Championship game last year? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Fiedler who came in relief to beat Pittsburgh.

BTW, SoCalBillsFan's right: Any Fish Fan, yourself included, would much rather have Drew Bledsoe than Jay Fuddler whether you'd like to admit it or not. I don't blame you for running your mouth while you still can. Enjoy it while it lasts!

MIAMI SUCKS!!! (and Ricky Swallows!)

blcny
07-24-2002, 03:34 PM
All those stats are when he played for the wimpy Patriots. With the talent he has around him in Buffalo things will be different.

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by blcny
All those stats are when he played for the wimpy Patriots. With the talent he has around him in Buffalo things will be different.

ummm......

Wimpy patriots 11-5
Buffalo 3-13

Wimpy patriots (let some players go, including Bledsoe)

Buffalo (just patched up some holes, not much diffrent)

Lori
07-24-2002, 04:28 PM
Stick this in your blowhole: Bledsoe has won more AFC Championship Games than Marino and Fiedler combined!

(Then again, since they've combined for a grand total of ONE, that's not saying much.....)

ArcticWildMan
07-24-2002, 04:30 PM
Bwahahaha!!! Excellent point Lori!!!! :up:

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
15. Despite all that, he is still better than Jay Fiedler

Hey lets be realistic here, He just MAY-BE better than Fiedler (even though the stats say Fiedler is better),but lets put it your way, lets say he is better, for

1.) I would never want Bledsoe as my QB. I would take Lucas over Bledsoe any day.
2.)With or without Fiedler we would still be a winning team. The same cant be said for team.
3.)I never said our QB (Fiedler) was good, as a matter of fact Im not to much of a Fiedler fan myself, but I have the BaLLs to admit it!....

On the other hand you guys dont....

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Lori
Stick this in your blowhole: Bledsoe has won more AFC Championship Games than Marino and Fiedler combined!

(Then again, since they've combined for a grand total of ONE, that's not saying much.....)

How many has HE won?????

SoCalBillsFan
07-24-2002, 04:40 PM
people who say things like "I have the balls to admit that my qb sucks, but you don't" only say it because it's their way of avoiding the fact that their qb sucks.

Hey wcoast, you know why I "don't have the balls" to admit bledsoe sucks? Cause he doesn't!

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

Hey wcoast, you know why I "don't have the balls" to admit bledsoe sucks? Cause he doesn't!

so what your telling me is he was good last year for the patriots?

Kicker22705
07-24-2002, 04:45 PM
Bledsoe came off the bench to win the AFC Championship game against the heavily favored Steelers.

SoCalBillsFan
07-24-2002, 04:47 PM
did I say that? no. heck, the guy hardly played!

I think bledsoe has his flaws like any other qb. I don't think he is all-world, all-pro, savior of the Bills. I dont think he is a top 5 qb in the nfl. I DO think he is solid, he provides stability, he is experienced, he is a BIG improvement for the Bills, he provides leadership, and he sure as hell is better than fiedler. And by no means does he suck. He is a very capable quarterback who I am looking forward to seeing play. Now go away.

don137
07-24-2002, 04:55 PM
so what your telling me is he was good last year for the patriots? [/B][/QUOTE]
Let's just say if Fielder was Brady's backup and displayed his talents that it would of been Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. You may not like him but this year will be the Dolphins last chance for a long time and you have to rely on Fielder to get the job done Can you say::flush:

The Dolphins will be the armpit of the division in another year or two when the salary cap hits you guys hard... One more year and this will be the site of Miami fans at a Miami game ==>:baghead:

The Shadow
07-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Stop smoking crack Dolfreak. You know as well as the rest of us do that Bledsoe has had no running game,spotty receivers, and an oline with holes his past 3 season. The disappearance of Coates also coincides with the disappearance of Drew.

Now I admit I was against bringing him in at first, but once the Bills signed him a blind man could see that it was a brand new,energetic,and highly motivated Drew Bledsoe that took the mic at his initial Bills press conference. Reports out of the mini-camps depict a reinvigorated and rejuvinized Bledsoe exuding his leadership and running the offense in a way we haven't seen since Kelly. He's won me over and with TD putting some protection and weapons around him, I think he's ready for Drew Part II.

Admit it, you're talking smack because you're scared. You've signed an overhyped transvestite as a running back, you've got a QB that defines the word average,an oline with holes in it, and a defense that is in decline instead of ascension.

Don't hate me because the Bills are getting ready to unleash some whupass this season, hate me because the Dolphins are getting ready to bend over in the prison shower and be made somebody's *****.

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Kicker22705
Bledsoe came off the bench to win the AFC Championship game against the heavily favored Steelers.

Hey kicker, let me Kick on to you and the rest of the bill fans what really happened.....

Doesn't anyone remember that Bledsoe wasn't even the starter for his own team last year? The Patriots didn't trade him because they think he's better than Tom Brady. Even in Bledsoe's celebrated playoff performance last season, he did only what was necessary: 10-for-21 passing, 102 yards, 1 touchdown. The touchdown is what's important, of course, but a 47.6 completion percentage and under 5-yards per attempt are not numbers to get excited about. Because Bledsoe's touchdown pass helped win the game, many of us forgot that he didn't really play all that well.

You can't even make the argument that Bledsoe saves his best stuff for the really big games. In Super Bowl XXXI, Bledsoe became one of only four quarterbacks to throw four interceptions in a Super Bowl game, putting up a ghastly 46.6 passer rating. All this isn't to say that Bledsoe is a bad quarterback, but he's certainly overrated.

....I had to throw it out there to show you guys he didnt even play well.....and even before the injury he was losing games for the patriots....so, I rest my case.

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 05:39 PM
BTW,that was from an article and I will post it again once and for all to open all buffalo bills fans eyes...and to prevent them from putting there foot in there mouth!

This outta stirr it up a little more....

NFL - Bills' Resurgence: Myth or Reality?

By Brad Oremland

Buffalo's much-ballyhooed acquisitions this offseason are mostly band-aids, not upgrades. Middle linebacker London Fletcher merely takes over for Sam Cowart. Offensive tackle Trey Teague is an overrated but necessary addition. He and first-round draft choice Mike Williams are overdue anchors to a terrible offensive line; they make the Bills respectable, not remarkable.
And kicker Mike Hollis is a nice addition, but he won't get the chance to decide games for the Bills unless the rest of the team can keep them close. Hollis is also coming off a weak season in which he went 8-11 from under 40 yards and hit nothing from further than 48.

don137
07-24-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

Hey kicker, let me Kick on to you and the rest of the bill fans what really happened.....

Doesn't anyone remember that Bledsoe wasn't even the starter for his own team last year? The Patriots didn't trade him because they think he's better than Tom Brady. Even in Bledsoe's celebrated playoff performance last season, he did only what was necessary: 10-for-21 passing, 102 yards, 1 touchdown. The touchdown is what's important, of course, but a 47.6 completion percentage and under 5-yards per attempt are not numbers to get excited about. Because Bledsoe's touchdown pass helped win the game, many of us forgot that he didn't really play all that well.

You can't even make the argument that Bledsoe saves his best stuff for the really big games. In Super Bowl XXXI, Bledsoe became one of only four quarterbacks to throw four interceptions in a Super Bowl game, putting up a ghastly 46.6 passer rating. All this isn't to say that Bledsoe is a bad quarterback, but he's certainly overrated.

....I had to throw it out there to show you guys he didnt even play well.....and even before the injury he was losing games for the patriots....so, I rest my case.

While Bledsoe was playing in those games where exactky were the Dolphins players? Oh that's right at home. Let's face it the Dolphins SUCK in the playoffs.

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by don137

While Bledsoe was playing in those games where exactky were the Dolphins players? Oh that's right at home. Let's face it the Dolphins SUCK in the playoffs.

Dont get me started bro, Where were the bills when the playoffs even started? hey dont get mad Im just trying to help you out,to make you look at things in the correct way, in other words to face the truth (even though I know it the truth hurts). :pet:
Hopefully your taking notes and learn something!!!!

The Shadow
07-24-2002, 05:52 PM
Yo Dolfreak, you post some fan written column from a wanna-be sports website and call it proof? The guy started with a premise and wrote to fit his story. Why not post this column written by another guy at this same website?

NFL - This Year's Worst To First

By Patrick Moran
Thursday, May 30th, 2002

Before committing me to the mental asylum for being among the first to say that the Buffalo Bills are suddenly a very strong playoff contender with their recent additions, take a look at this. These are the past three Super Bowl winners.
2001-02: New England wins the Super Bowl after compiling an 11-5 record, good for first in the AFC East. Just one year before, New England finished dead last in the division with a 5-11 mark.

2000-01: The Baltimore Ravens get their hands raised in Super Bowl victory after compiling a 12-4 regular season record and getting into the playoffs as a top wild-card seed. However, the year before, the Ravens struggled to an 8-8 record.

1999-00: The St. Louis Rams literally come out of nowhere, dominated the NFL with a 13-3 record en route to their Super Bowl victory over Tennessee. Just one short season prior, the Rams were among the laughing stock of the NFL with a 4-12 record.

Trend? Yes. None of the past three Super Bowl winners had so much a winning record the year before, let alone being playoff contenders. Two of the three (Baltimore the exception) finished dead last in their division.

It's very possible that the Buffalo Bills are primed to be this year's version of the Cinderella story. And it all starts with the man under center.

Acquiring Drew Bledsoe for a first-round pick in next year's draft was an absolute steal for the Bills' and is a testament to the genius maneuvering of GM Tom Donahoe. New England desperately wanted the Bill's fourth overall pick in this year's draft, but Donahoe did the right thing by refusing.

Drafting Mike Williams to anchor a revamped offensive line was far too important. Donahoe knew that New England had no other serious suitors for Bledsoe. He was patient to the point that New England was forced to amend their demands for the 30-year-old gunslinger.

By holding out for Bledsoe and using their fourth overall pick on Williams, Donahoe put Buffalo in a position to drastically improve their offense now. What are the odds that next year's first-round pick going to the Patriots will be a top-ten pick? I'd take a proven quarterback like Bledsoe over an 18th-26th overall draft choice anyday.

The fact of the matter is that Buffalo has significantly improved their club from last year through the big trade, free agency, and the draft. Here's a closer look at just how improved this team should be this year as opposed to 2001.

Quarterback: No comparison here. Bledsoe is ten times the quarterback Rob Johnson will ever be. Not only does he possess the same, if not better, arm strength that Johnson has; Bledsoe has a proven track record. Drew is a leader in the huddle, something Buffalo has lacked with Johnson at the helm. He's an in-your-face type of guy that brings a winning attitude to a ballclub that badly needs a leader on this side of the ball.

Despite having thrown for nearly 30,000 yards in his career, Bledsoe will feel like a rookie again in this organization, feeling he has something left to prove. Not only is Bledsoe out to haunt his old team, he wants to let teams around the league know they made a big mistake by not pursuing him. If he stays healthy, and he has for his entire career minus last season, Bledsoe still has a good five to six years left in him.

Alex Van Pelt proved to be a decent quarterback, but he's not a 16-game starter. He is however a very capable backup and Buffalo now has some depth at this position.

Running Back: Despite no roster changes at this spot, Travis Henry is a year older and wiser. Henry was banged up last year and had to run behind an offensive line that was among the worst in NFL history. Henry should be a lot better this year and has the ability to be the power type runner Buffalo is looking for. Shawn Bryson also proved last year that he's capable of shouldering some of the load.

Wide Receiver: Get used to hearing "Bledsoe to Eric Moulds" a lot. The team, mainly Johnson, just couldn't get Moulds the ball enough last season. That will change significantly with Bledsoe. Drafting Josh Reed early in the second round was smart for two reasons, also. It gives Buffalo another excellent wideout who is being compared to Andre Reed, and it sends a message to Peerless Price to get his act together or he'll be playing elsewhere in 2003. Donahoe was so high on Reed that he bypassed some good prospects on the defensive line to take him.

Tight End: Won't improve on the receiving end here if Jay Reimermsa is cut, but signing free agent David Moore was a great move. Moore is a much better power blocking tight end and the Bills' plan on playing some smashmouth football. Moore also caught 35 passes last year with Tampa Bay, so it's not like he's incapable of making catches. Plus, it's not as of yet set in stone that Reimersma will be cut if he's willing to restructure his contract.

Offensive Line: Far and away, the biggest and most significant improvements were made at this position. Drafting Mike Williams at number four over the top-notch defensive tackles available in the draft shows how highly the Bills' brass think of his run blocking ability. Williams is massive at 373 pounds, and he's not fat. Buffalo didn't trade down as expected because they wanted Williams to solidify the right side of the line along with perennial Pro Bowler Rueben Brown.

The free agent signing of Trey Teague was also a great move. Teague could wind up playing left tackle, guard or even center (which he played in college). He started all 16 games last season at tackle for Denver. Jonas Jennings shook off rookie rust late season and is blooming into a solid player. Signing free agent Marcus Price from New Orleans gives the line some valuable depth and flexibility. Jerry Ostroski is back healthy this year and the team drafted Mike Pucillo late, who could be a backup guard.

Defensive Line: Used two draft picks to take defensive end Ryan Denney in the second round and tackle Justin Bannon in the fifth. The Bill's like Denney a lot, enough that they orchestrated a draft-day trade with San Francisco to move up seven spots to take him. Many think that he can become a Phil Hansen type of player. Bannon is a two-gap run stuffer, something Pat Williams desperately needs next to him. If Buffalo has the cap room after June 1st, they still might address this position more. Another solid defensive lineman is now their biggest need.

Linebacker: Replaced youth and inexperience with veteran leadership. Losing Sam Cowart to the Jets hurt, but Buffalo quickly responded by napping Rams' free agent London Fletcher. Fletcher is a proven winner who has played in two Super Bowls. He'll provide winning and leadership to a young defense.

Buffalo also upgraded at outside linebacker after trading Jay Foreman and signing free agent Eddie Robinson. Robinson is like a coach on the field and is very familiar with head coach Greg Williams and coordinator Jeff Gray's defense, having played for them in Tennessee. Keith Newman rounds out one of the conference's better linebacking tandems. Brandon Spoon had great moments as a rookie last season and provides depth.

Secondary: Signing free agent Billy Jenkins is a major upgrade over last year's starting strong safety, Raion Hill. Jenkins is a good run stuffer in the box. He'll start at strong safety. The team also used a third-round draft choice on Coy Wire from Stanford. Wire is a hard-hitter who is a converted linebacker. Nate Clements is no longer a rookie at corner and is expected to be an elite cornerback. Antoine Winfield is also a year wiser and should be more consistent. Buffalo has a lot of good young talent in the secondary that took their bumps last season and should be much improved this year.

Special Teams: Hmm, Mike Hollis at kicker versus Shayne Graham. Enough said there. Buffalo also got a great kick returner after trading Jay Foreman to Houston for Carlos Rogers. Rogers led the AFC in punt returns in 1999 and will be a significant upgrade. He'll also likely be the team's fifth receiver, as Buffalo likes his playmaking ability.

Coaching Staff: Greg Williams now has a year under his belt, and should have learned from many of his rookie mistakes. Buffalo also now has a veteran offensive coordinator in Kevin Gillbride. He'll do a better job at keeping the offense consistent, mapping out a power running game, and most importantly, find ways to reinsert Moulds as one of the games most dangerous wide receivers.

So as you can see, the Buffalo Bills on paper should be a much better team then last season's 3-13 edition. Just how far they will go, nobody really knows. Injuries always play a key role in any teams rise/fall in the standings. But without a doubt, Buffalo now has the ability to play with the better teams in the league.

If they can get off to a good start, it's not a pipe dream that Buffalo could be playing in the Super Bowl in late January. They're playoff contenders, for sure.

http://www.sports-central.org/sports/nfl/articles/article130.shtml

BuffaloBalls
07-24-2002, 05:53 PM

Take notes on what? How to stink like a bad piece of a$$???

:chair:

Jas122
07-24-2002, 05:57 PM
WCoast, Bledsoe didn't start for his own team last year because he was injured. When he did come in he played well. The stats you're looking at are from years with a COMPLETELY different team (though the colors are the same...I guess we can't expect dolphins to read) , and just becaused some biased journalist spews his opinion in an article doesn't make it gospel truth, and to believe any of the vomitus mess your splattering on this thread is utter foolishness.......:boozer: amateur.

don137
07-24-2002, 06:11 PM

Dont get me started bro, Where were the bills when the playoffs even started? hey dont get mad Im just trying to help you out,to make you look at things in the correct way, in other words to face the truth (even though I know it the truth hurts). :pet:

First of all, I don't get mad debating football especially with a Dolphin fan. The Bills had bad management and are rebuilding. Miami will be paying the piper very soon. At least when we are in the playoffs we play competitive and show we belong there and are not pretenders. Let's see how the Dolphins finished the last 4 years:
2002 playoffs Ravens 20
Miami 3

2001 playoffs Oakland 27
Miami 0
2000 playoffs Jacksonville 62
Miami 7
1999 playoffs Denver 38
Miami 3
That is being outscored 147 to 13.

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by don137

First of all, I don't get mad debating football especially with a Dolphin fan. The Bills had bad management and are rebuilding. Miami will be paying the piper very soon. At least when we are in the playoffs we play competitive and show we belong there and are not pretenders. Let's see how the Dolphins finished the last 4 years:
2002 playoffs Ravens 20
Miami 3

2001 playoffs Oakland 27
Miami 0
2000 playoffs Jacksonville 62
Miami 7
1999 playoffs Denver 38
Miami 3
That is being outscored 147 to 13.

What about the bills in the past four years?

don137
07-24-2002, 06:24 PM
When the Bills were in the playoffs they didn't weren't an utter embarrasment. Being outscored 147-13 is a disgrace. Maybe you guys are satisfied being embarassed on national TV. Buffalo is in the middle of rebuilding and mangament are not satisfied with just a winning record. Apparently Dolphins management and fans are satisfied with mediocrity because you signed Fielder to a long term contract.

THATHURMANATOR
07-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey WCF how can you ridicule the Bills for making a move to help their team and sell tickets??? All of our games are pretty much sold out already. You can't tell me(stay out of this WYS) that Drew Bledsoe isn't heads and shoulders above any QB on this or last years roster. Granted you do make some points about Bledsoe's recent slide, and I am not going to make excuses for him. I will say that he seems to be refocused and super intense about this upcoming season. He also does have some weapons at his disposal. With that said and having tons to prove is the reason most of us are excited. We may be proved wrong, but at least this might explain to you our enthusiasm. You say you are trying to tell us the truth but until the season starts you are basically talking out of your @ss as far as I am concerned, and all I can really say is, we will see.

mchurchfie
07-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Thurm, he's just jealous...not only does he have the most average\below average QB on his team but he also has the ugliest in the NFL. Of course all of the finsfans will say, "Well, Fiddler beat you guys the last 4-5 games!", but we all know that the Bills were in rapid decline and my poor Aunt Gertrude could have played at QB and made "player of the week" against us last year. This year is a whole new year, new team, new attitude..can't you just feel just a little bit of jealousy conveying from the Pats and Fin fans..woohoo!! I'd rather be us than them this year!
;)

Lori
07-24-2002, 07:28 PM
Answer: Two. 1996 and 2001. And considering how crappy Brady looked in Pittsburgh, the Pats should thank their lucky stars he got hurt and Bledsoe had to come in. If Brady plays the whole game, the Steelers go to the Super Bowl.

Next, who the &#@! is Brad Oremland, why should I care, and why does he mention London Fletcher as the replacement for Sam Cowart when Cowart played a grand total of less than 10 plays last season before ripping his Achilles tendon?
His question should be, is Fletcher an upgrade over Brandon Spoon/Kenyatta Wright? Go ahead, say no. I dare you.

Next, this thing about Hollis not getting a chance to decide games unless the rest of the team keeps it close: If he had all that free time to look up QB stats, how could he not have done the research to discover that 6 of the Bills' games in each of the last two seasons were decided by 3 points or less? Sloppy.

And about those QB stats: I just looove the way he mixes and matches stats in a desperate attempt to prove his point. If we wanted a guy with a high passer rating, we would have kept Rob, or maybe signed Gus Frerotte (101.7 rating last year). Likewise, Todd Bouman (98.3) should obviously be starting ahead of Daunte Culpepper (83.3) in Minnesota.

And if we're going to talk about using stats as the sole measure of a player's worth, that means Brad Johnson (by virtue of his 83.07 rating) is the 10th-best QB of all time - ahead of bums like Fran Tarkenton (80.4), Dan Fouts (80.2), and John Elway (79.9).
(FYI: Brad Johnson also has a higher completion % and lower INT% than Dan Marino.)

Here, let's play the numbers game some more: Bledsoe has a higher TD% than Troy Aikman, a lower INT% than Brett Favre, and his QB rating is a full ten points higher than Joe Namath (#113 all-time, at 65.46). So if Oremland's numbers prove Drew is worse than Blake/Chandler/George et. al., then - Q.E.D. - my numbers MUST prove he's better than Aikman/Favre/Namath, correct?

To summarize: if you're going to cut/paste articles, at least try to find us something worth reading, willya?

Now begone, ye mammal lacking external {CENSORED}.

mchurchfie
07-24-2002, 07:38 PM
Woohoo!! Nicely done, you go Girl!:up: Welcome aboard Lori..I think that I just found my new partner in crime..ha ha haz!! :redgun:

iceblizzard69
07-24-2002, 07:43 PM
Brady sucks.

I would rather have Fiedler than Bledsoe because Fiedler fits in well in our system. I don't like either of the QBs but Fiedler will have a better season.

mchurchfie
07-24-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Brady sucks.

I would rather have Fiedler than Bledsoe because Fiedler fits in well in our system. I don't like either of the QBs but Fiedler will have a better season.

Well, you got'em and you can have'em, we certainly don't want him. Feidler may end up with a better completion percentage with his little "dink and dunk, play not to lose" passes but Drew will have more total yardage and more yardage per completion and will be much more exciting to watch :D

SoCalBillsFan
07-24-2002, 08:07 PM
Lori will you marry me?

I'd have to say that wins best post yet on this site. Nice job!

SoCalBillsFan
07-24-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Brady sucks.

what system? the hand the ball off to williams system? No way. Bledsoe is way better at handing the ball off.

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
You can't tell me(stay out of this WYS) that Drew Bledsoe isn't heads and shoulders above any QB on this or last years roster. Granted you do make some points about Bledsoe's recent slide, and I am not going to make excuses for him.

With that said and having tons to prove is the reason most of us are excited.

Ya you MAY BE right but I only think Bledsoe is just a TAD (I said TAD) bit better than AVanPelt. But I dont think hes better than Rob Johnson,he is the second coming of RJ, If not worse.

And excited wouldnt be the word...............
more like desperate!!;)

The_Philster
07-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Posts like these are these last ones are the reason no one respects WCoastFin...Bledsoe is the top QB in the AFCE, bar none.
Brady has had one year of playing time and hasn't proven to be much more than a capable player, like Van Pelt/Dilfer/Miller.
Testeverde is past his prime and even in his prime he was inconsistent. They didn't call him Interceptaverde for nothing.
Fiedler is about the same as Brady but a little more proven.

Bashing Bledsoe because of his last few years is baseless...He didn't have much in the way of talent surrounding him, especially at RB. You learn the first day when you learn about football that a running game is necessary to make an offense effective.

WCoastFin
07-24-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Thurm, he's just jealous...not only does he have the most average\below average QB on his team but he also has the ugliest in the NFL. Of course all of the finsfans will say, "Well, Fiddler beat you guys the last 4-5 games!", but we all know that the Bills were in rapid decline and my poor Aunt Gertrude could have played at QB and made "player of the week" against us last year. This year is a whole new year, new team, new attitude..can't you just feel just a little bit of jealousy conveying from the Pats and Fin fans..woohoo!! I'd rather be us than them this year!
;)

Jealous? Hahaha! as far as Im concerned your right I have an average or below average QB....But statiscally hes better than your QB,so, what does that make your QB? A below average if not poor playing QB? Youd rather be you than us this year? So that means last year you were wishing you were us, right?
And Fiedler did beat you 4 times you got that right, and after this season it willl be 6.....

BTW, you might wanna tell your Aunt Gertrude to stick around becuz after Bledsoe falters in the first couple weeks your gonna wish SHE was your Quarterback!!!
:biggrin:

mchurchfie
07-24-2002, 09:54 PM

Jealous? Hahaha! as far as Im concerned your right I have an average or below average QB....But statiscally hes better than your QB,so, what does that make your QB? A below average if not poor playing QB? Youd rather be you than us this year? So that means last year you were wishing you were us, right?
And Fiedler did beat you 4 times you got that right, and after this season it willl be 6.....

BTW, you might wanna tell your Aunt Gertrude to stick around becuz after Bledsoe falters in the first couple weeks your gonna wish SHE was your Quarterback!!!

Hey laughing boy, if you're going to show those big teeth make sure you brush first, I really don't care to know what you had for breakfast YESTERDAY. I'll give you a quote by Marv Levy "Statistics are for losers." and you are truly proving that right. By the way, my poor Aunt Gertrude can already sling a football farther than that half-a$$, sucking up all of the soundwaves with his big ears, breathing up all of the good air with that big nose of his, waterboy converted to QB of yours. I don't care if he beats us from now until eternity..HE SUCKS!!!