PDA

View Full Version : Bills to make aggressive push for Volek?

Ickybaluky
03-12-2004, 07:19 PM
According to Brian Delucia of Fox Sports:

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2222874

He says:

Is Volek the next Delhomme? Bills may think so

The Buffalo Bills are expected to make an aggressive push for free-agent Titans quarterback Billy Volek.

There are some within the Bills' organization who think Volek could provide excellent value and offer immediate insurance at quarterback behind Drew Bledsoe. Volek would be an excellent fit in the Bills' offense under the watch of Mike Mularkey, Tom Clements and Sam Wyche. Volek possesses an excellent feel and rhythm in a timing-based passing game.

Michael82
03-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Good move, then we wouldn't have to worry about wasting a pick on Big Ben or Philip Rivers. :up:

shelby
03-12-2004, 07:28 PM
This gets more and more confusing.

The Buffalo Bills reported Thursday they do not have a visit scheduled this weekend with Tennessee Titans quarterback Billy Volek.
Bills Vice President of Communications Scott Berchtold said quarterbacks coach Sam Wyche has not made plans to scout the unrestricted free agent, as sources told The News on Wednesday. Berchtold said he could not comment on the possibility of a future visit by the Bills with Volek but that none currently has been set.

Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040312/1053504.asp)

baalworship
03-12-2004, 08:00 PM
This would be great news if true. However, I am a bit skeptical why TD and the Bills would show their hand. Why would the Bills say THIS IS THE GUY so openly? I will believe this when I see it.

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
This would be great news if true. However, I am a bit skeptical why TD and the Bills would show their hand. Why would the Bills say THIS IS THE GUY so openly? I will believe this when I see it.

Yeah, I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but if he signs my optimism will shoot through the roof.

Novacane
03-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Bills Vice President of Communications Scott Berchtold said quarterbacks coach Sam Wyche has not made plans to scout the unrestricted free agent, as sources told The News on Wednesday. Berchtold said he could not comment on the possibility of a future visit by the Bills with Volek but that none currently has been set.

So which source is not telling the truth?

Maybe they were upset the visit leaked out becaue they want to tell Bledsoe he's being replaced before it becomes public. Hey, a guy can :pray: can't he:D

Ð
03-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Going after Volek based on a couple games is just as dumb as the Sabres drafting Thomas Vanek in the first round based on frozen four performance.

bills_7
03-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

So which source is not telling the truth?

Maybe they were upset the visit leaked out becaue they want to tell Bledsoe he's being replaced before it becomes public. Hey, a guy can :pray: can't he:D

u bring up a goog point there could be some truth to that

thenry20
03-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Have you guys noticed that in that very article that TV isn't even considering the Bills!!!

:awm:

bills_7
03-12-2004, 09:57 PM
i think he might want a third offer from the bills

Bert102176
03-13-2004, 12:27 AM
they must really want a career back up, another Frank Reich

Bert102176
03-13-2004, 12:30 AM
the Bills won't sign Vincent according to espn insider he'll be signing with Cinci in about a day or so

Lone Stranger
03-13-2004, 03:04 AM
When TD said they were not going to be that active in free agency this year I didn't know it meant they were dead. Based on the number of visits the Bills have had it is obvious that they plan almost nothing. Only the Pats haven't done much but then maybe they don't need to particularly when they have all those draft choices.

Has Ralph closed his wallet?

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Billy Volek = Rob Johnson JR. A QB who had ONE good game in his short career, now he's going to get big $$. If we give Volek a Huge deal, I will cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of eternity. :baghead:

london59
03-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Forget Volek, he is a career backup and may not play much this year if we signed him. Roethlisberger is the guy we want. Trade up to get him if we have to but get him. He can sit this year and we cut Drew next year. This guy is gonna be a star! I know you guys hate to see a 1st rounder go to a guy on the bench but that is how you build a franchise!