PDA

View Full Version : Huge Mistake

Buffalofan
03-12-2004, 08:11 PM
I honestly believe the Bills made a HUGE mistake by not going after Drew Henson. For what Dallas was able to acquire this guy for was a STEAL ! What is a 3rd draft pick anymore ? Nothing more than a gamble which is what Henson will be. If he goes out and wins a Super Bowl every Bills fan will be crying that we should have got him when we had the chance, well, we HAD the chance but let it pass by.

Dont get me wrong, I still support Drew Bledsoe .. give him pass protection and I will take him over any QB in the league, and yes that includes Favre, Vick and all others, but he wont be around forever. Henson would have been a nice fit for the future. He could have had a year or two to develop under Bledsoe and then took over. Trust me .. the front office will regret this decision in the future.

Now what do we do for a QB ? Pick up a scrub backup like Volek ? Didnt we try that route with the LOSER Rob Johnson ? Nothing more than a 25 million dollar mistake. Or do we take a QB in the draft, which will be just as much of a gamble as Henson would have been. Do the names Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer ring any bells ?

Oh well, all these decisions are well above any of us so its easy to sit here and say we should have done this or that. Henson is gone so we are still in need of a QB. If anyone out there from the front office is listening ... Philip Rivers from NC State !! Draft Him !!

Damn Cowboys .. now I have yet another reason to hate that team. That makes 100 million .. and One !!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!

LtBillsFan66
03-12-2004, 08:14 PM
This offseason has been a huge disappointment so far. I'm not impatient, or some ultra reactionary fan. Right now, we are worse than last year.

Goobylal
03-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Let me know when Henson proves to be a starting-caliber QB, much less a SB-winning one. Until then, I won't 20/20 hindsight the situation.

shelby
03-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Several people have pointed out that Parcells wouldn't take Henson without good reason.
Parcells pisses me off.:mad:

We'll find out this fall.

bills_7
03-12-2004, 08:17 PM
i dont think it was a huse mistake cause u dont know what ur gonna get from this guy..... if we can get volek as a back up that would be a bonus for the future.... although right now bringing someone in may put to much added pressure on drew and we all know he already has the weight of the world on his shoulders

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
we all know he already has the weight of the world on his shoulders

O no, poor Drew! Yeah, he has it really hard, chilling in is Montana Mansion. Give me a break, stop thinking with your heart and think with your head. If Bledsoe starts out the season on a poor note, his stinking will have spanned three seasons. Yes, he <I>could</I> play a lot better, which would drive his value to average, but why take the risk? Just end the misery now. Cut Bledsoe, sign Volek and draft a QB. Let's make some serious effort to reslove this ongoing, pathetic Buffalo QB situation.

Goobylal
03-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Several people have pointed out that Parcells wouldn't take Henson without good reason.
I wonder if those same people are the ones who hate Bledsoe?

ct bills fan
You can't compare Volek to Johnson - Johnson costs us a 1st and a 4th, Volek wouldn't cost us any picks.

Dozerdog
Originally posted by billsfanone
This offseason has been a huge disappointment so far. I'm not impatient, or some ultra reactionary fan. Right now, we are worse than last year.

Nope.

New coaches make us miles better than last year. Even with Brown , Winfield gone

helmetguy
03-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Volek is much closer to a starting role than either Henson or any QB in this year's draft; if for no other reason than he's had more reps with a starting unit than a normal backup QB usually gets. With all of McNair's bumps and bruises, Volek got some valuable experience.

TD won't make the Butler mistake and bring in a one game wonder and annoint him the starter. Volek did pretty well against us last season, albeit in a scaled down, low-risk game plan. Nothing about Henson, so far, indicates that he's anywhere near being able to come in and succeed if need be.

LtBillsFan66
03-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Nope.

New coaches make us miles better than last year. Even with Brown , Winfield gone

The new coaches are unproven. It's back to square one in that dept., IMO.

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Volek has a couple college seasons and NFLE seasons as a starter under his belt. For every year Henson sat idle with a football, Volek has been playing - not just carrying a clip board

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ct bills fan
You can't compare Volek to Johnson - Johnson costs us a 1st and a 4th, Volek wouldn't cost us any picks.

THANK YOU! Not to mention, Johnson never really got any praise from fans or "the experts" before he was dealt to Buffalo. The aquisition came out of no where. Butler was on crack when he made the decision.

Volek is a much better prospect than RJ. Even before Volek methodically picked apart our beloved number two defense, he was getting high props from the Titan's coahing staff. They said that they wouldn't panic if McNair went down becasue they have all the confidence in the world in Volek.

Ingtar33
03-12-2004, 08:38 PM
please, Henson finished college with a worse QBR than Casey Clausen, who if anyone bothered to watch was a master at managing a game plan.

Draft him in round four, and while you won't get Henson's arm power you'll get a far more polished QB. This move only improves my faith in TD, as it is clear he see's the same thing us non-media scouts see. Henson is a name for his seemingly unlimited potential, not for his actual performance.

TD chose to not be bamboozled.

Parcels took a shot because he's got crap at QB, and will not have a shot at any good QBs in round one. He knows, as does the rest of the football world, that he pulled a rabbit out of his hat to make Carter look like an NFL QB.

Michael82
03-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

i agree that is has been a disappointment, however when you take away those two baffoons from last year... Gregg and Gilbride, you automatically win another 2-3 games. :D

Michael82
03-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
please, Henson finished college with a worse QBR than Casey Clausen, who if anyone bothered to watch was a master at managing a game plan.

Draft him in round four, and while you won't get Henson's arm power you'll get a far more polished QB. This move only improves my faith in TD, as it is clear he see's the same thing us non-media scouts see. Henson is a name for his seemingly unlimited potential, not for his actual performance.

TD chose to not be bamboozled.

Parcels took a shot because he's got crap at QB, and will not have a shot at any good QBs in round one. He knows, as does the rest of the football world, that he pulled a rabbit out of his hat to make Carter look like an NFL QB.

WOO HOO! You're back? Sweet! I hope you've been enjoying your college visits and the NFL Combine. Any news to tell us? Is Big Ben the real deal or is he overrated?

BTW, I agree with you about Henson and am VERY glad TD didn't waste the money on him. $3.5 million guaranteed is too much for a rookie QB who hasn't played in 3 years.

Novacane
03-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Buffalofan

Dont get me wrong, I still support Drew Bledsoe .. give him pass protection and I will take him over any QB in the league, and yes that includes Favre, Vick and all others,
GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!

I understand some people like Drew but over any QB in the league? thats :brace:

bills_7
03-12-2004, 08:54 PM
i like drew but i would not take him over vick and farve

The Natrix
03-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Take Bledsoe over any QB in the league? Funniest post of the year.

Mr. Cynical
03-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Cut Bledsoe, sign Volek and draft a QB. Let's make some serious effort to reslove this ongoing, pathetic Buffalo QB situation.

Absolutely agree! Keep singing that tune!

:band:

(although I still have the Ramsey fantasy in my heart of hearts...sigh)

Edit: Just a thought...can they trade Drew or is that a breach of contract? Not that we would get much but would be better than nothing.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 04:25 PM
I'd definitly cut Bledsoe and sign Volek in a heartbeat...... But Donahoe wouldn't do it, so whats the point in talking about it?

Dantheman1280
03-13-2004, 07:00 PM
I know you guys are fed up with Bledsoe and so am I, But we atleast have to give him one more chance under a "new Offense"!

The_Philster
03-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Edit: Just a thought...can they trade Drew or is that a breach of contract? Not that we would get much but would be better than nothing.

There isn't a no-trade clause in his contract..or else he'd still be in New England.
And it'd be next to impossible to get someone to trade for him after he had such a rotten season and his contract being so high.

bills_7
03-14-2004, 02:38 AM
some of u guys think volek is amazing just cause he play a couple good games last yr he isnt proven enough for me i would take him as a back up and nothing else for the up coming season

BuffaloRanger
03-14-2004, 10:43 AM
NO QB controversy!! If you want to cut DB fine, but replace him with a real winner, not a guy with potential.

Give me a guy that's won a big game.

Dozerdog
03-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
NO QB controversy!! If you want to cut DB fine, but replace him with a real winner, not a guy with potential.

I want an experienced veteran back there as well.

Mr. Cynical
03-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
I know you guys are fed up with Bledsoe and so am I, But we atleast have to give him one more chance under a &quot;new Offense&quot;!

How many chances does he need? How many "new offenses" has he had in 11 years? No thanks. Time's up.

Tatonka
03-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Take Bledsoe over any QB in the league? Funniest post of the year.

rofl.. i was just thinking the same thing..

i can think of about 20 qbs i would take over bledsoe.

Tatonka
03-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I'd definitly cut Bledsoe and sign Volek in a heartbeat...... But Donahoe wouldn't do it, so whats the point in talking about it?

the crushing blow of reality comes swooping in..

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

guys that win big games stay with their teams...