PDA

View Full Version : Bober is a KC Cheif

hintexas
03-13-2004, 12:00 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/8175816.htm?1c

I dont know if this was already posted but this is awful news. He would have fit in so good in Buffalo

The Natrix
03-13-2004, 12:13 AM
O well, there is always 2005. :naughty:

:(

The Natrix
03-13-2004, 12:13 AM
****!

Bert102176
03-13-2004, 12:24 AM
cause TD sucks

BuffaloRanger
03-13-2004, 12:33 AM
TD thinks McNally can turn chicken **** into chicken salad.

Right now the line has still not improved at all. Woody was too much but others were missed.

Michael82
03-13-2004, 12:48 AM
The Chiefs moved quickly for a replacement, agreeing to terms of a five-year, $10 million contract with Chris Bober. Bober, who played mostly at center in four seasons with the New York Giants, will be given first shot to become the starting right tackle.

With Tait gone and Bober signed, the Chiefs moved on to other pursuits. They offered a contract to Pro Bowl cornerback Troy Vincent but hadn't reached agreement as of Friday night.

That's it! That's the final straw! I know we don't have much money, but we have more than some of these other teams and could free up much more by re-doing Bledsoe's contract. :mad:

If TD doesn't sign Troy Vincent, this offseason will have just become pathetic. I know people are saying that he is being smart, but Bober said that he would love to be back with McNally, if the Bills wanted him, they should've brought him in last week or right at the beginning and that's the problem, they didn't act like they cared and Bober slipped right thru their hands. Now we have to worry about Trey Teague starting at center again. :puke: :mad:

Michael82
03-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
TD thinks McNally can turn chicken **** into chicken salad.

Right now the line has still not improved at all. Woody was too much but others were missed.

I totally agree. I feel that we are putting wayy too much stock on how good McNally is and it could come back to bite us in the ass. :mad:

Dozerdog
03-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Mikey's going to have a coronary...:snicker2:

This is going to be sooo cool....

Michael82
03-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Mikey's going to have a coronary...:snicker2:

This is going to be sooo cool....

:xplode:

The Natrix
03-13-2004, 01:08 AM
I hear you Mikey. There is nothing left, and the Bills have not even replaced ANY of the lost players.

I guess we will be having arguements come week 12 about whether or not we should be rooting against the Bills in order to get a better draft pick.

IMO, the only prayer the Bills have going into this season is to get a QB who doesn't need a perfect O-line to succeed.

Michael82
03-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I hear you Mikey. There is nothing left, and the Bills have not even replaced ANY of the lost players.

I guess we will be having arguements come week 12 about whether or not we should be rooting against the Bills in order to get a better draft pick.

IMO, the only prayer the Bills have going into this season is to get a QB who doesn't need a perfect O-line to succeed.

I guess TD wanted the Bills to fail this year, so he could lose his job....hmmm... :scratch:

Dozerdog
03-13-2004, 01:12 AM
OK guys I'm off to bed

try not to commit suicide that we didn't get a frreakin' ok offensive lineman.

Michael82
03-13-2004, 01:19 AM
OK guys I'm off to bed

try not to commit suicide that we didn't get a frreakin' ok offensive lineman.

I'll try not to go to Buffalo and beat the living crap out of TD because we haven't signed anyone but Villarrial and haven't brought many people in. :mad: :ontome:

Mr. Cynical
03-13-2004, 02:02 AM
Indeed, this is bad news. No Woody. No Bober. No replacement QB who can move faster than dog snot in winter is even close to signing.

Unless there is an ace up somebody's sleeve at OBD, this season is gonna leave a mark.
:const:

shelby
03-13-2004, 06:05 AM
Someone give Mikey a Xanax!:whatthe:

Michael82
03-13-2004, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I could use some. :dizzy:

:ontome:

SABURZFAN
03-13-2004, 06:28 AM
unfortunately,this news :madcurse: :madcurse: :madcurse: :madcurse: :madcurse: .

we need to take a Time Out and evaluate what's left in the Free Agency at Center.

wasn't it yle who thought i was going :coocoo: he may want to read some of Mikey's posts.:snicker:

Jan Reimers
03-13-2004, 06:46 AM
We can't even sign relatively cheap, second tier free agents. We'll have to trade down in the draft to get additional picks to fill all the holes that we're creating for ourselves

I guess TD's philosophy is: We were 6-10 with these guys. We can certainly be 6-10 without them.

I know there's still plenty of time left in this FA period (although there are getting to be fewer and fewer decent players), plus the draft and the June 1 cuts, but several teams have already improved themselves, while we sit on our hands.

I'm extremely disappointed so far, but a quality signing or two would turn things around.

SABURZFAN
03-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
We can't even sign relatively cheap, second tier free agents. We'll have to trade down in the draft to get additional picks to fill all the holes that we're creating for ourselves

I guess TD's philosophy is: We were 6-10 with these guys. We can certainly be 6-10 without them.

I know there's still plenty of time left in this FA period (although there are getting to be fewer and fewer decent players), plus the draft and the June 1 cuts, but several teams have already improved themselves, while we sit on our hands.

I'm extremely disappointed so far, but a quality signing or two would turn things around.

i don't think bober came to town,did he?WTF??????:mad: i would have remembered Mikey wetting all over himself if he did.i'm disappointed(trying not to violate the TOS) that we weren't even close.:mad:

R. Rich
03-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Well, we can hope they'll either look to some of the guys I've mentioned in the past; backups who have had some experience and are highly regarded (DiNapoli, Withrow, Guiterrez, Starkey, etc.) or maybe they'll find someone after June 1st. There's always the draft as well, but I really do hope we're not looking for a rookie to cure our ills at center.

Gunzlingr
03-13-2004, 07:30 AM
:lol: art all of you. 10 days of FA go by , the team doesn't spend all of its money on has beens or second tier guys and you are ready to throw in the towel. The draft is coming up, as well as June 1st, and we don't know what they will bring. If you think we should sign any and everybody, you should be a Redskanks fan. When one of us becomes a GM, then I will think you know as much as TD. Sorry, but I just find it hilarious that you guys get worked up over a guy that until a week ago 90% of you didn't even know who he was. I am :rofl:.

don137
03-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Last I knew Bober was scheduled to come to Buffalo but due to a funeral the visit got postponed. It sounds like TD didn't get a chance to meet with Bober because he signed with the Chiefs before he got the chance to visit...Plus we would of wanted him to play center even though he was originally a right tackle and KC promised him the right tackle spot....I can't blame TD for that...

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 07:38 AM
THIS IS BULLL ****! WHAT THE HELL IS DONAHOE DOING?!?

****ING ****...... Our team hasn't improved at all. I dont understand what TD's philosphy is.

london59
03-13-2004, 08:40 AM
OK, I am going to attempt to be the voice of reason here. I truly have no idea what Donahoe is doing either, but they must have a plan at OBD. Just be patient and it will unfold soon enough. The fact is that many teams do not sign free agent interior linemen, they develop them. We have already signed one to a good sized contract. I do not see us spending too much more here unless for depth. We could get a quality center in the draft who could start right away as well as a gaurd. We will be targeting one of the top rated Centers in the draft by round two or three. I also think that TD is gonna try to make a move for Roethlisberger. I am not sure what we will give up but I just have a feeling about it. The way the draft is shaping up, Big Ben may fall out of the top 5, and if he does, I think we will go get him ahead of Pittsburgh.

SABURZFAN
03-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by don137
Plus we would of wanted him to play center even though he was originally a right tackle and KC promised him the right tackle spot....I can't blame TD for that...

if that is true,you're right.did bober leave TD out in the cold?did bober tell TD that that's what he wanted to do in his career?we don't know the whole story.where the hell is larry felser when you need him?

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 08:50 AM
I'll be even more pissed if we go after Roethlisberger.

Dozerdog
03-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Seriously- did most of you know who Chris Bober even was?

Now since he chose Kansas City- It's automatically the GM's fault. The reports out of KC say he signed as a tackle. He was a converted tackle playing Center in New York due to injuries. This team already has tackles. It is very possible Bober wanted to go to a team that was going to play him at tackle. KC lost Tait and signed Bober to play tackle in his place. We already got a 2 million per year converted tackle playing center.

Most linemen who can play multiple positions prefer to play tackle than center. Much easier (no calling blocking assignment audibles at the line) and tackles are traditionally the higher paid OL men, and centers are usually the lowest paid OL men.

People *****ed and moaned Ruben was overpaid and under performing. Now he's gone and everyone *****es they didn't fill the hole.

Winfield got 12 million to play this season from the vikes- about $1.08 million per every career interception.

Players will be cut all year. But by all means- jump off the ledge now.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Im just PO because I think we are going to keep Teague at Center..... its been proven he CAN NOT play Center.

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Dozer, you hit the nail on the head. Who the hell is Bober anyways? He was a lineman for the only line worse than ours last season, the Giants. He's another converted center (Trey Teague anyone) and who knows how good he'd play for us. Give TD a break, the guy can't FORCE players to sign in Buffalo. You guys would be the first ones to ***** if Bober signed a huge deal and then sucked.

Dozerdog
03-13-2004, 09:02 AM
There isn't going to be a single move Tom Donahoe is going to make that will please more tnan 33% of the fans on this board-

I'm convinced of that now.

Keep Bledsoe? 1/3rd happy, 2/3rs pissed
Draft Rivers or Roethlesberger? 1/3rd happy, 2/3rds pissed
Get Henson (when he was available) 1/3rd happy, 2/3rds pissed

Draft OL with the 13th pick? 1/3rd happy, 2/3rds pissed
Draft a DE? 1/3rd happy, 2/3rds pissed
Draft a WR? 1/3rd happy, 2/3rds pissed

Follow the Redskins & Dolphins examples in FAcy? (overpay) 1/3rd happy, 2/3rds pissed

Fire GW and KG? 99% happy 1% pissed

Jan Reimers
03-13-2004, 09:08 AM
There isn't going to be a single move Tom Donahoe is going to make that will please more tnan 33% of the fans on this board

I'd like to see him move out of town.

london59
03-13-2004, 09:10 AM

If the moves work out well: 100% happy, 0% pissed

Throne Logic
03-13-2004, 09:18 AM
I, for one, am certainly not jumping off any bridges over the likes of Bober. . .

I'm a patient man.

london59
03-13-2004, 09:20 AM
I'll be even more pissed if we go after Roethlisberger.

You would be pissed to have one of the top rated QB prospects in the country on your team who was a 3 year starter in a conference who has previously produced two franchise QB's in the NFL and who has compiled the following stats?

Totals Passing
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT SACK RAT
2003 - 342 495 4486 69.1 9.1 37 10 19 165.8
2002 - 271 428 3238 63.3 7.6 21 11 30 137.9
2001 - 241 381 3105 63.3 8.1 25 13 39 146.5

Not me!

Dozerdog
03-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by london59
You would be pissed to have one of the top rated QB prospects in the country on your team who was a 3 year starter in a conference who has previously produced two franchise QB's in the NFL and who has compiled the following stats?

Totals Passing Rushing
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT SACK RAT
2003 - 342 495 4486 69.1 9.1 37 10 19 165.8
2002 - 271 428 3238 63.3 7.6 21 11 30 137.9
2001 - 241 381 3105 63.3 8.1 25 13 39 146.5

Not me!

I'm with you- it wouldn't be the worst thing-

justasportsfan
03-13-2004, 09:24 AM
I thought he wouldn't sign until he met up w/ Mcnally? Oh well.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 09:25 AM
I would be pissed because he wouldn't contribute to this team at all This season or probably in the near future..... I would wait until at least the 3rd round for a quarterback.

Wide Reciever, Tightend, or Defensive end is where we should go in first round.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 09:27 AM
The only source for this signing is the KC star.... could this be like the Volek thing with the Buffalo News?......or is this signing true?

I haven't seen it on ESPN or KFFL or anything.

BigZ
03-13-2004, 09:34 AM
The Bober signing is on the Chiefs website.

Before learning under McNally nobody in the NFL knew who Bober was.

He just signed for big bucks in KC mostly because KC would have had to overpay to keep Tait and chose to over-react and jump at Bober.

We've got people as talented as Bober here already and maybe with some proper coaching they'll be stars in the league.

We managed to sign a guard to take Ruben's place and he's being called a steal compared to what others are paying for OL in FA.

March is not the time to panic, let alone get a coronary!

london59
03-13-2004, 09:38 AM
I would be pissed because he wouldn't contribute to this team at all This season or probably in the near future..... I would wait until at least the 3rd round for a quarterback.

You have a valid point about him probably not playing this year, but Bledsoe is almost surely gone after this year and I only see Ben R. needing one year on the pine. If we get him I will be absolutely ecstatic. I watched all of his games this year and this guy is gonna be a star! I am not sold on any of the other guys including Losman, smoker, and pickett etc and it looks like Rivers will probably go in late round 1.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 09:41 AM
I highly doubt Bledsoe is gone after this year.... I think TD will rework his entire contract.

Lone Stranger
03-13-2004, 09:43 AM
It seems to me that the Bills did not approach Bober agressively and, therfor, he took the best option available. The Bills' stance in free agency is very puzzling. If we picked up three decent players we could have concentrated on filling holes from the draft.

It seems to me that TD is matching the Pats' philosophy and in that regard is overselling himself. We are not the Super Bowl champs.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Yea... I wonder whats going through his head.

Gunzlingr
03-13-2004, 09:49 AM

Now since he chose Kansas City- It's automatically the GM's fault. The reports out of KC say he signed as a tackle. He was a converted tackle playing Center in New York due to injuries. This team already has tackles. It is very possible Bober wanted to go to a team that was going to play him at tackle. KC lost Tait and signed Bober to play tackle in his place. We already got a 2 million per year converted tackle playing center.

Most linemen who can play multiple positions prefer to play tackle than center. Much easier (no calling blocking assignment audibles at the line) and tackles are traditionally the higher paid OL men, and centers are usually the lowest paid OL men.

People *****ed and moaned Ruben was overpaid and under performing. Now he's gone and everyone *****es they didn't fill the hole.

Winfield got 12 million to play this season from the vikes- about $1.08 million per every career interception.

There isn't going to be a single move Tom Donahoe is going to make that will please more tnan 33% of the fans on this board-

I'm convinced of that now.

Follow the Redskins & Dolphins examples in FAcy? (overpay) 1/3rd happy, 2/3rds pissed

Thank you!! :bf1: Maybe now the lemmings will quit marching towards the sea!

justasportsfan
03-13-2004, 09:54 AM
The scary part is that we may have to keep Teague now and take another 2 million against the cap. Not good.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
The scary part is that we may have to keep Teague now and take another 2 million against the cap. Not good.

No... I htiknk we should cut Teague and draft a Center.

hintexas
03-13-2004, 09:59 AM
I think they are going to cut Teague but are their any other Centers on other teams that look like they may be cut as well.

justasportsfan
03-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by hintexas
I think they are going to cut Teague but are their any other Centers on other teams that look like they may be cut as well. Isn't TD high on Teague? We missed out on Bober. We can't just get a decnt C. Kent Hull was one of the biggest reasons why Kelly was successful.

Novacane
03-13-2004, 10:09 AM

Who was the 1%

hintexas
03-13-2004, 10:10 AM
I agree that Kent Hull was one of the biggest reasons the Bills were very sucessful. I wish the Bills had a pro bowl center but they dont and some body has to play the position. I dont think that Teague is much better then a "decent" center so for that type of bonus I think the Bills should cut Teague and bring in another "decent" center or see who is available in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round. The Bills cant spend the first round number 13 pick on a center when (unless some miracle happens and they get Vincent) they will need to draft a cornerback or a wide receiver with that pick.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2004, 10:13 AM
I would draft C Jake Groove in the second round.

Novacane
03-13-2004, 10:13 AM
I say we should cut Teague and make Puccilo the starting center. He could suck for 2 million less.

Dozerdog
03-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Who was the 1%

Juice?

And GW's mom.

....and Clump

lordofgun
03-13-2004, 11:36 AM
At least this thread was good for a couple laughs. :up:

helmetguy
03-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Seems to me that one of the knocks on Bober was that he had difficulties with the shotgun. Seems like that was the knock on Woody, too. Sound familiar? So, we clamor to ditch a guy (Teague) who admitted he had difficulties with the shotgon and lament that we didn't sign (and overpay) for two other guys with the same malady? Sorry, fellas, but the prevailing logic here escapes me sometimes. What am I missing?

Mr. Cynical
03-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I highly doubt Bledsoe is gone after this year.... I think TD will rework his entire contract.

If he does that then :rocket:

SeatownBillsFan21
03-13-2004, 11:01 PM
I saw on espn.com he has singed with KC your thoughts?

BillsFever
03-13-2004, 11:03 PM
This has been discussed in the other 10 threads.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-13-2004, 11:12 PM
oh sry been sick didnt see it till now

Dozerdog
03-13-2004, 11:43 PM
No problemo !

He signed yesterday .....10 mill for 5 seasons

elltrain22
03-14-2004, 03:28 PM
I cannot believe we did not pick this guy up. This is very disappointing news

Tatonka
03-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
:lol: art all of you. 10 days of FA go by , the team doesn't spend all of its money on has beens or second tier guys and you are ready to throw in the towel. The draft is coming up, as well as June 1st, and we don't know what they will bring. If you think we should sign any and everybody, you should be a Redskanks fan. When one of us becomes a GM, then I will think you know as much as TD. Sorry, but I just find it hilarious that you guys get worked up over a guy that until a week ago 90% of you didn't even know who he was. I am :rofl:.

i was going to post.. but they said it all..