PDA

View Full Version : Cosey Coleman is still out there, TD!

Michael82
03-13-2004, 01:18 AM
This is from ESPN....and he's ONLY 25. He would be a great pickup to help the OL out.

Coleman, in and out of the Buccaneers' doghouse in the last few years, rebounded in 2003 after a mostly forgettable 2002 season. Versatility is one of his biggest assets. His natural position is guard, but he can move around on the line. A good athlete, he has a lot of potential. Has good body control and gets a nice push in the running game. Uses his hands well, and has a nice, quick set in pass protection. Handles bull rushers and sustains his blocks. Keeps his feet. Won't go to the ground once he locks on. Struggles in space at times when he overextends in pass protection. Doesn't appear comfortable on the second level when trying to block the moving target. Doesn't play with great aggressiveness. It isn't a huge problem, but he doesn't really punish opponents in the running game despite being very strong. Coleman has good upside and youth on his side.

Michael82
03-13-2004, 08:08 AM
any thoughts? :feedback:

Goobylal
03-13-2004, 01:43 PM
I take the indifference by the Bills/McNally, and the same goes for Bober, to mean they don't think much of him.

Bert102176
03-13-2004, 10:03 PM
would be cool if we went and got him but TD is a screw up and won't do it, I don't trust in TD anymore would rather just have Modrak:tube:

The Spaz
03-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Bert102176
would be cool if we went and got him but TD is a screw up and won't do it, I don't trust in TD anymore would rather just have Modrak:tube:

Do you have anything to backup your statements? Wouldn't you think he is still out there for a reason.

ublinkwescore
03-14-2004, 01:26 PM
I just hope McNally has visited the combine to scout out some potential guards/centers.

Bert102176
03-14-2004, 02:03 PM
what statements spaz I was just saying my opinion I don't care for TD and that is my right

Dozerdog
03-14-2004, 02:06 PM

Where was this 'love" for TD last offseason?

Dozerdog
03-14-2004, 02:10 PM
When he brings in Spikes, Fletcher, Shaw, Campbell, Gash- pulls a rabbit out of the hat and turns losing Price into McGahee, Trades down and gets Clements AND Henry- he's a saint.......

....Lose out on a second tier FA OLine man, he's a dog.

Would you rather sign Bober and Vincent, and lose Jennings, Clements, and other FA's next year? There is only so much money to spend

Bert102176
03-14-2004, 02:28 PM
I haven't liked TD since he got rid of Peerless

The_Philster
03-14-2004, 02:29 PM

Would you have preferred we kept Peerless and, instead of TKO, had Eddie Robinson still playing WLB?

Dozerdog
03-14-2004, 02:41 PM

1- Peerless wanted to be a #1. We could have dumped Moulds and taken a 9 million cap hit to keep him

2- Would you rather have Price, or trade that in for McGahee, Spikes, Milloy-

it's a #2 reeceiver or a #2 defense- what do you want?

helmetguy
03-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
When he brings in Spikes, Fletcher, Shaw, Campbell, Gash- pulls a rabbit out of the hat and turns losing Price into McGahee, Trades down and gets Clements AND Henry- he's a saint.......

Would you rather sign Bober and Vincent, and lose Jennings, Clements, and other FA's next year? There is only so much money to spend

Originally posted by The_Philster
Would you have preferred we kept Peerless and, instead of TKO, had Eddie Robinson still playing WLB?

1- Peerless wanted to be a #1. We could have dumped Moulds and taken a 9 million cap hit to keep him

2- Would you rather have Price, or trade that in for McGahee, Spikes, Milloy-

it's a #2 reeceiver or a #2 defense- what do you want?

You guys are just clouding the issue!

Tatonka
03-14-2004, 03:13 PM

peerless got rid of himself.. he did not want to be hear.. the fact that he got a 1st round pick for a guy that did not want to be here was a good move.. there is no debating this point..

mikey... take a look at the quote you posted from espn...

"Coleman, in and out of the Buccaneers' doghouse in the last few years, rebounded in 2003 after a mostly forgettable 2002 season."

sound like someone else on our roster?

sullivan.

Dozerdog
03-14-2004, 03:22 PM
The only benefit to Coleman is his versatility- he can play anywhere on the line.....

sounds like someone else we have- Teague

Tatonka
03-14-2004, 03:24 PM
teague is being overpaid, regardles..

mypoorfriendme
03-14-2004, 04:06 PM
for anyone that ever cries and moans about how crappy TD is for our team.....

thank you dozer

BuffaloRanger
03-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
for anyone that ever cries and moans about how crappy TD is for our team.....

thank you dozer

I don't consider Peerless a mistake. But come on now. TD has made his share of mistakes. He's not above being questioned. As Team President and GM he is responsible for everything this team fails to do.

Just a few...

1. TD signs GW and lets him bring in a staff with 9 coaches in that position for the first time in the NFL. That is friggin idiotic!

2. Completely neglects the O-line last offseason. Now suddenly it's a priority? Where's the forcasting there? Hires a first year O-line coach for 2003. Another TD Blunder.

3. Makes GW a lame duck coach. Doesn't step in and fire GW and/or KG during bye week. Wouldn't want to give up on the season, right? Of course the Bills go 2-6 over last 8 games in 2003. 3-5 during last 8 games in 2002.

And if we don't improve the team now who cares if we can't sign Jennings and Clements next year? We won't be a playoff team anyway and will soon be rebuilding again.