X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalofan
    • Jul 2002

Time to dish out the Pink Slips

Well Ladies and Gentlemen the Sabres season is Officially over ! Well lets not kid ourselves, this season has been over for a while now but as of this moment it is official. And Thank God too ! The Sabres should be ashamed of themselved for getting peoples hopes up about a playoff spot and then yanking it away like they have been doing.

So now that the season is over its time to clean house. First and Foremost .. Lindy Ruff !! Face it, its time ! You can say what you want about this guy but the bottom line is he just cant get the team ready to play. He has done nothing !

Next up, Darcy Regeir. See ya ... nuff said ! Heck with it .. I say dump the ENTIRE staff, right down to the conditioning coach. I get so tired of watching them get outplayed in the 3rd period of every game.

Oh well, maybe the lock out will be good for hockey. At least we wont be stuck paying to watch a second rate team who would probably get their asses kicked in the AHL. Face it, the playoff spot was their, they just didnt want it. I say Good Luck Islanders .. 8th place in the east is yours !!

:xplode:

Lindy and Darcy SUCK !!
  • fushetti
    President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
    • Feb 2003

The Sabres are the worst team in their division. The Bruins, by far and away are a superior team. I'm glad the Sabres hung on and got a point in both games.

I totally agree that changes need to be made. They need to be made in the front office. Regier has to go, no doubt about it. He built a team that is small and soft and he has no spine at all. With Regier, I'd clean out Luce and Carriere as well. Oh yeah, throw in that ****er Quinn too.

I totally disagree with your thoughts on Lindy Ruff. I think this guy has done a masterful job with the crap he's been given the past few years. Being riddled with junk parts like Taylor Pyatt, Tim Connolly, Andy Delmore, etc haven't helped his cause. It was evidenced today. For most of the game, the Sabres held their own in their own end. But, the Bruins have superstars on their team. Our coaching staff puts in a plan to minimize the other teams' best lines. How often does this team get blown out or just roll over? Not very often. I think it would be a huge mistake to let Ruff go.

I don't believe buffalo is making the playoffs, but they could've easily quit after the losses to the Islanders and Devils a few weeks back. The organization isn't strong. As long as the worst GM, and Managing Partner are in charge, the sabres will continue to struggle.
    "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
    Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Are you serious????? Do you even watch hockey???

On Thursday afternoon I would have chopped off my left arm for 2 points in a home and home with Boston! Besides for Toronto and Tampa, our last 11 games are all very winnable. Today was the toughest game of the rest of the year and we got a point out of it. 6 out of 8 points in the last 4 games! Giving up now is just weak!
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• I the end I
        • Sep 2003

On the off chance that the sabres do make the playoffs you deserve a big punch in the face. Theres 11 games left buddy, if we win 3 more games out of those 11 than the islanders we're in, how is that so impossible?

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
          • Feb 2003

Are you Crazy?!
          We're 5 freakin points out, with 22 points still available to us. I don't expect us to win every game, but the islanders won't either. We have an easier schedule too. I don't see how you could think that the season is over. Even tthe thrashers and panthers are still in it.
          N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• realmendontwearteal
            Blue and Gold perhaps....
            • Dec 2003

Re: Time to dish out the Pink Slips

Originally posted by Buffalofan
            Well Ladies and Gentlemen the Sabres season is Officially over ! Well lets not kid ourselves, this season has been over for a while now but as of this moment it is official. And Thank God too ! The Sabres should be ashamed of themselved for getting peoples hopes up about a playoff spot and then yanking it away like they have been doing.

So now that the season is over its time to clean house. First and Foremost .. Lindy Ruff !! Face it, its time ! You can say what you want about this guy but the bottom line is he just cant get the team ready to play. He has done nothing !

Next up, Darcy Regeir. See ya ... nuff said ! Heck with it .. I say dump the ENTIRE staff, right down to the conditioning coach. I get so tired of watching them get outplayed in the 3rd period of every game.

Oh well, maybe the lock out will be good for hockey. At least we wont be stuck paying to watch a second rate team who would probably get their asses kicked in the AHL. Face it, the playoff spot was their, they just didnt want it. I say Good Luck Islanders .. 8th place in the east is yours !!

Lindy and Darcy SUCK !!

the sabre season is not over....the last time i saw the standings their only 5 points out.....that can be overcome easily
            Curt Schilling needs to STFU

Comment

• Myers57
              Registered User and McLovin stunt double
              • Sep 2003

You pessimest!!!!

~~waves fist angrily!~~

I'm the optimist and have been chanting, "We want the Cup!"

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Lindy and Darcy SUCK !!
                Man- you fold on your teams worse than a $5 suitcase

Henson goes to the Cowboys and you are ready t toss in the towel with the Bills- and the season is 6 months away!

Sabres get 2 of 4 points vs the Bruins, play a cheesecake schedule the rest of the way (while the Islanders play the top echelon clubs here on out) and you want to give up like a cheese eating surrender monkey.

Well- pop in sometime during the summer- we'll fill ya in on the exciting finish to the season!

Comment

• realmendontwearteal
                  Blue and Gold perhaps....
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Man- you fold on your teams worse than a $5 suitcase

Henson goes to the Cowboys and you are ready t toss in the towel with the Bills- and the season is 6 months away!

Sabres get 2 of 4 points vs the Bruins, play a cheesecake schedule the rest of the way (while the Islanders play the top echelon clubs here on out) and you want to give up like a cheese eating surrender monkey.

Well- pop in sometime during the summer- we'll fill ya in on the exciting finish to the season!

i agree with you......if you compare the sabre and iles schedule the remainder of the year....the sabres schedule is much eaiser
                  Curt Schilling needs to STFU

Comment

• Buffalofan
                    • Jul 2002

WOW .. I guess I struck a few nerves here lately, But I stand by my words on both the Sabres and Drew Henson. The Sabres WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ! And the Bills made a mistake NOT GOING FOR HENSON.

Am I folding on my teams ? NO !! I am just stating facts here people. It is possible to be a fan and not agree with every move they make.

The Sabres have been playing poorly all season long, and what did they do to prove they were serious about the playoffs ? .. nothing .. zip ... nada !

We are sitting on our hands holding 3 goalies and we havent tried to trade any of them for someone who can actually score. Do I still love this team ? HELL YES ! But changes have to be made. Clean house and start the hell over !

And heres another thing that bugs me .. get rid of that UGLY ASS uniform and bring back the blue and gold. We have the WORST UNIFORMS in hockey or any other sport.

Lindy has had what .. 7,8 years as coach. And dont give me this crap about having no talent. A good coach makes use of what he has and gets the best out of his people. Lindy cant do it. The players walk all over him because they dont fear him.

Bring back Ted Nolan. He could get his boys to play !

Sorry Lindy, your time is up. No matter what some of the fans of Buffalo seem to think. Youve had your chance .. Next !!!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Poorly all season long? Including the 9-2-2 stretch in Jan/Feb? then they dipped a bit- lost 3 in a row- then have scored points in 5 of the last 6 games-

Or they have scored points in 16 of their last 22- that's one of the better records in the conference.

Sure they sucked early in the year and it's come back to bite them in the ass now- but to say they sucked all year long shows you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Ever wonder why Ted Nolan has not sniffed a pro job since he was canned 5-6 years ago? There has been what- 60-70 vacancies since he was fired? Some guys have received 2-3 jobs since he's been canned.

And yet no one has seen fit to give him a call......huh.....

Maybe Hasek carried the club more than we realized.

Comment

• Twistmyarm
                          anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
                          • Dec 2002

the funny part is you have the testicular fortitude to go by the screen name Buffalofan...and you are cutting the Sabes head off before it is over...pahhh-thetic!!!!
                          I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!

Comment

• fushetti
                            President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                            • Feb 2003

Another pro-Ted Nolan guy. Great.... If you wanted to make a strong argument, Buffalofan, you'd be calling for Muckler back. At least he's back in the league and building a cup winner. Nolan's still sniffing the Ojibway Inspirational Speaker circuit.

How can you possibly say that the players run roughshod all over Ruff? These guys have been playing hard.
                            "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                            Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
                              • Feb 2003

WOW .. I guess I struck a few nerves here lately, But I stand by my words on both the Sabres and Drew Henson. The Sabres WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ! And the Bills made a mistake NOT GOING FOR HENSON.

Am I folding on my teams ? NO !! I am just stating facts here people. It is possible to be a fan and not agree with every move they make.

The Sabres have been playing poorly all season long, and what did they do to prove they were serious about the playoffs ? .. nothing .. zip ... nada !

We are sitting on our hands holding 3 goalies and we havent tried to trade any of them for someone who can actually score. Do I still love this team ? HELL YES ! But changes have to be made. Clean house and start the hell over !

And heres another thing that bugs me .. get rid of that UGLY ASS uniform and bring back the blue and gold. We have the WORST UNIFORMS in hockey or any other sport.

Lindy has had what .. 7,8 years as coach. And dont give me this crap about having no talent. A good coach makes use of what he has and gets the best out of his people. Lindy cant do it. The players walk all over him because they dont fear him.

Bring back Ted Nolan. He could get his boys to play !

Sorry Lindy, your time is up. No matter what some of the fans of Buffalo seem to think. Youve had your chance .. Next !!!
                              True that Ruff has had 7 or 8 years coaching the team, but don't forget taht we had a playoff team just a few years ago that he coached and it went all the way to the finals. We made the playoffs for about 5 years in a row under his watch. I think he's doing pretty damn good considering this team doesn't throw money at everyone like the red wings or stars. The fact that Lindy can take the youngest team in the league and make them playoff contenders means that he's doing something right.
                              N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

Working...
                              X