PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins sign QB Dickenson

Cntrygal
10-15-2002, 06:59 PM
The Miami Dolphins signed former Canadian Football League most valuable player Dave Dickenson on Tuesday to improve their depth at quarterback while starter Jay Fiedler is sidelined.

Dickenson was released by San Diego and Seattle earlier this year. He will be the Dolphins' third quarterback Sunday against Buffalo, when Ray Lucas makes his first start for Miami as Fiedler's replacement.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20021015/433383.html

Novacane
10-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Who will be #2?

WCoastFin
10-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Sage Rosenfels

Cntrygal
10-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Sage Rosenfels

Oh.... no other comments about him????

WCoastFin
10-15-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

Oh.... no other comments about him????

I really cant say anything about him because I really never payed attention to his playing time in Washinghton....but from what I heard hes did really good....but Im not going to say something I havent witnessed myself.:bowl:

Novacane
10-15-2002, 07:35 PM
If he "did really good" he'd still be playing there! Don't believe everything you hear!

WCoastFin
10-15-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
If he "did really good" he'd still be playing there! Don't believe everything you hear!

well your right I shouldnt believe eveything I hear, but from what I heard we got a steal in the trade giving up our 7th becuz he was supposed to start for the redskins considering how good he was playing but Spurrier ol pal' wanted to go with his buddies from college...Wuerffel and Mathews...and his drafted QB Ramsey...thus not wanting to go in with 4 QBs on the roster leaving Rosenfels the odd man out.....but dont take my word for it.;)

BlackJohn
10-15-2002, 08:18 PM
IMO, Dickenson should start this week against the bills. I've always watched the CFL and if there is one thing that Dickenson can do its Handof!f. I'm telling ya Dickenson would be handin' that rock to ricky like nobody's business!

:bravo:

iceblizzard69
10-15-2002, 08:56 PM
Rosenfels was pretty good in Washington this preseason, but they had 4 QBs that were all deserving of roster spots, however they were not going to get rid of their first round pick and they won't get rid of the two Florida QBs so Rosenfels was the odd man out. He was easily worth a seventh rounder, espicially since he was taken in the 4th a year ago and has looked good, even according to Washington people. They would have tried to get more but since they would have released him no one would give more than a seventh.

Buffarama
10-15-2002, 10:12 PM
I thought Oregano Dombrowsi was the backup. Sage Rosenfels....