PDA

View Full Version : This is one boring offseason!!!

BillsFanInMass
03-14-2004, 07:46 AM
I guess we were spoiled the last couple of years with all the signings. Not that them signings brought us a championship, but they made us a little better . After a 6 -10 season you would think we would be a little bit more active . I think we are having problems because nobody wants to sign with us cause were not a contender. So we are losing players to other teams. Like if you were Troy Vincent would you sign with us or K. C.
I know we have the # 2 D but watching Drew struggle game after game it doesnt matter how good our D is.

ScottLawrence
03-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
I guess we were spoiled the last couple of years with all the signings. Not that them signings brought us a championship, but they made us a little better . After a 6 -10 season you would think we would be a little bit more active . I think we are having problems because nobody wants to sign with us cause were not a contender. So we are losing players to other teams. Like if you were Troy Vincent would you sign with us or K. C.
I know we have the # 2 D but watching Drew struggle game after game it doesnt matter how good our D is.

LOL.... No.

Who did you expect us to sign? We didn't have many needs going into Free agency.

A cornerback and maybe a center and we should be done with Free agent signings.

IHateTheDullphins
03-14-2004, 09:07 AM
We are not having problems. Remember, there are going to be a bunch of talented players cut later on, so call it what you will.

And I think we needed a little more than a center and a CB, bro. and we're not about done after that.

helmetguy
03-14-2004, 09:09 AM
The only thing that was 6-10 about the Bills last season was the record. We had a 10-6 roster, but we had a 3-13 coaching staff. Not a whole lot of rebuilding is necessary. I'm betting Mularkey and Co. can get a lot more out of this team than GW could ever imagine.

ScottLawrence
03-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
We are not having problems. Remember, there are going to be a bunch of talented players cut later on, so call it what you will.

And I think we needed a little more than a center and a CB, bro. and we're not about done after that.

Yea we do.... I was saying in Free agency the only positions we probably will sign is CB, and C.

WR, FS, and DE are also concearns.

IHateTheDullphins
03-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence

Yea we do.... I was saying in Free agency the only positions we probably will sign is CB, and C.

WR, FS, and DE are also concearns.

m'kay....so you're saying we won't sign a TE, or possibly a QB? we can't address all our other needs in the draft. We're not having problems.

Dantheman1280
03-14-2004, 10:26 AM
IF TD dosent land some kind of proven corner we could be in trouble. as for center we are stuck with TT. WR the draft is very deep. Free saftey Coy Boy is our answer, i dont care about that he is unproven, he is an incredible talent. As For DE i think TD is gonna see how what we have pans out, but he need to give schobel a new deal, NOW!!

elltrain22
03-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I just hope we can have a good draft

OpIv37
03-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
The only thing that was 6-10 about the Bills last season was the record. We had a 10-6 roster, but we had a 3-13 coaching staff. Not a whole lot of rebuilding is necessary. I'm betting Mularkey and Co. can get a lot more out of this team than GW could ever imagine.

I agree- the talent was there this year, the coaching was not. I'd rather see what the new staff can do with the talent we have instead of signing this year's overpriced free agents and being stuck in salary cap hell for the next 3 seasons (see Washington Redskins).

Bert102176
03-14-2004, 10:37 PM
boring is too kind of a word for this offseason

Bert102176
03-14-2004, 10:41 PM
but atleast I have my NY Mets to watch