• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Prudence needed if Donahoe is to keep Bills on path to success

By BOB DICESARE, Buffalo News
    There's a twinge of disappointment, particularly out Amherst way, over the University at Buffalo's quarterfinal exit from the Mid-American Conference basketball tournament. Take solace, UB fans. The Bulls would have been overmatched in the semifinals by a Western Michigan team with the capacity to make an extended run in the NCAAs. The Bulls might evolve into next season's Western Michigan, but they were a maturing team still a year shy on experience this time around.
    Besides, UB's elimination could benefit the overall Buffalo sports scene. Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe, a basketball junkie who'd become an avid UB follower, is free to redirect his full attention to free agency, the draft and fortifying a roster dotted with concerns.

The Bills have two obvious holes to fill before the start of next season. They must identify their replacement for cornerback Antoine Winfield, and they have to bring in a quarterback with long-term potential in case Drew Bledsoe's season becomes another bust. Everything else, including a speed wideout to stretch opposing defenses, is a desire, a goal, but something short of a necessity.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

I had no idea Buckley was still available.... why dont we pick him up if Vincent signs elsewhere?

But... Good article, Now people should see why Donahoe isn't spending the money.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
      • Jan 2004

We need to resign Schobel, and Williams.... I dont know if Jennings is a must.
      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

Working...
      X