PDA

View Full Version : TD thinking ahead?

Devin
03-15-2004, 10:02 AM
I saw an interesting article (cant for the life of me remember where, might have been TBD) but do you guys bite on the theory TD may be saving his cash for next season with Schobel, Williams becoming FA or even worse in 2 years when Clements and henry are FA?

It just occurs to me that whilst im sure TD is making every effort to get some FA in here this season that he maybe preparing for the future.

helmetguy
03-15-2004, 10:13 AM
TD is always looking ahead. That's one reason why he was willing to suffer the cap hell year when he got here.

Devin
03-15-2004, 10:14 AM
gonna be an interesting year to say the least, even more so to see what all our FA next 2 years are going to command.

Novacane
03-15-2004, 10:17 AM
This is why TD MUST have a good draft this year. Schobel, Williams and Jennings are FA next year. We have been lucky the last 2 years with only 1 key FA. He must draft well because we will likely lose at least 1 of those 3.

Pride
03-15-2004, 10:20 AM
They day that Schobel can demand high money, is the day that he gets cut. He is average at best!

Novacane
03-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Pride
They day that Schobel can demand high money, is the day that he gets cut. He is average at best!

He has no help on the left side. He's like Grant Winstrom and he got big $$$ from Seattle. Someone will pay him if TD won't

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 10:24 AM

How can you say average at best when each year he has gotten better?

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Gee, why didn't I think of this?
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41052

Dozerdog
03-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Devin
I saw an interesting article (cant for the life of me remember where, might have been TBD) but do you guys bite on the theory TD may be saving his cash for next season with Schobel, Williams becoming FA or even worse in 2 years when Clements and henry are FA?

It just occurs to me that whilst im sure TD is making every effort to get some FA in here this season that he maybe preparing for the future.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41009

That's what I'm beginning to think

Tatonka
03-15-2004, 11:55 AM

henry isnt a fa next year..

on schobel.. the guy has gone from 6.5, to 8.5, to 11.5 sacks.. if he even gets the same amount of sacks he did this past year at 11.5, he will demand big big money.. he will already be worth big money at this point, even if he was only to put up less than 10 sacks..

ogun for miami put up 9.5 and 16.. and now is worth a boat load..

schobels numbers best jason taylors in their first three years..

pride your kidding yourself if you think that schobel will be anything remotely close to cheap.

he will absolutely get more than winstrom, who got 33 million... with a 14 sb.