PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith - 4.58 40??

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2004, 11:44 AM
From NFL.com individual workout page about the Ohio State pro day:

Smith (6-2½, 267) ran his 40s in 4.58 and 4.62. He did a 38½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-9 long jump and he benched 225 pounds a total of 30 times. A sore ankle prevented him from running the short and long shuttles, but he ran 7.42 in the three-cone drill.

This is unreal.

Ebenezer
03-15-2004, 11:46 AM
What is unreal?? He time in the 40? Says he had an ankle injury...not surprising.

Devin
03-15-2004, 11:50 AM
hes a 270 pound DE and he ran that in the 40? thats pretty incredible.

Tatonka
03-15-2004, 11:51 AM
he is not 270 lbs.

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he is not 270 lbs.

Definitely not!:up::beer:

Ebenezer
03-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Devin
hes a 270 pound DE and he ran that in the 40? thats pretty incredible.

I was being sarcastic based on the other info given...vertical leap and long jump...wouldn't they also be affected by the ankle??

Tatonka
03-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Definitely not!:up::beer:

that is weight that he put on for the draft.. and it will come right back off.

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2004, 11:56 AM
A 4.58 plus 30 reps? :eek:

That's sick. TD please draft Smith. Thanks.

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

that is weight that he put on for the draft.. and it will come right back off.

Exactly!

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Yeah darn it, he is only 265!!!!

TigerJ
03-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Udeze is still preferable because he has more mass, but I think Will Smith could help the Bills. I think he put on a good share of his weight (versus his 2003 season) before and during last season. I don't think this is going to be another Erik Flowers scenario. I'm still not convinced Buffalo's going to draft a DE though.

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Yeah darn it, he is only 265!!!!

Sure is then we can have 2 small DE's if we draft him then teams can have lost of options of what side to run on.

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2004, 12:11 PM
When you can do 30 reps, you're not exactly a weak sister at the point of attack.

the dude
03-15-2004, 12:22 PM
actually, both Udeze and Smith have intriguing potential - Smith moreso as a pure pass rusher, Udeze as a run stopper who causes havoc in the backfield. Udeze's advantage is that he is 280 punds and many have compared him to a young Bruce Smith in terms of his potential. Personally, if both are available at #13, I take Udeze - else I consider Reggie Williams who some compare to Eric Moulds, just younger and bigger - same passion to win, and unfortunately some of the same immaturity coming out of college.

STAMPY
03-15-2004, 12:34 PM
i like udeze, i doubt he'll be on board

Devin
03-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Bills will go offence.

Philly Zoner
03-15-2004, 01:00 PM
I don't think TD's looking for a DE in the first. But if he does, I'll have Udeze over Smith. Something about Smith makes me nervous. anyway I think this is a historic receiver draft class, so we take a receiver at 13, whether it be Roy or Reggie W. they're guys that next year, when we're starting to think about Mouldsie getting old, would cost us a top five pick--which I sure hope we don't have!!!!!!!!!

DraftBoy
03-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Im leaning towards Will Smith to be perfectly honest its not like hes a one year wonder hes done well throughout his college career and the Big Ten in no cupcake confrence especially with OL from Michigan, and going up against his own OL daily in practice. Udeze is younger less experienced and had a terrific year hes coming out after. I see him more as the Eric Flowers pick. Not Smith, if hes there at 13 Id take him. Undersized or not just look what Freeney has done each of the last 2 seasons and hes undersized apparently. We signed Big name LB's to stop the run and two big behomeths in the middle I want my DE's upfield and up the QB's Arse!

the dude
03-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Im leaning towards Will Smith to be perfectly honest its not like hes a one year wonder hes done well throughout his college career and the Big Ten in no cupcake confrence especially with OL from Michigan, and going up against his own OL daily in practice. Udeze is younger less experienced and had a terrific year hes coming out after. I see him more as the Eric Flowers pick. Not Smith, if hes there at 13 Id take him. Undersized or not just look what Freeney has done each of the last 2 seasons and hes undersized apparently. We signed Big name LB's to stop the run and two big behomeths in the middle I want my DE's upfield and up the QB's Arse!

Except that SC's line may have been even better - and you look at the number of disrupting plays Udeze had - either TFLs, pressures or sacks - and the numbers are downright sick. Given that we already have a lighter RDE in Schobel - I want our LDE to be stouter and someone who creates havoc in the backfield.

That said, I still like Smith's potential in terms of coachability and overall performance. It may be a moot point anyway since I don't see Udeze lasting to 13.

With regard to WR, I'm a big Reggie Williams fan - in fact I like all the Williams - and would be happy with any of em. However, if we just want to get a very good speed receiver, there will be several available in the 2nd round. After Udeze and Smith, there's not much left for DEs.

I still think a lot is predicated on Volek. If we sign him, we may cut or trade DB - but we probably don't go QB in the 1st - maybe don't draft one till day 2 if Drew is still the starter. Then the likelihood of going DE, WR, CB in some order in the first 3 rounds becomes a lot stronger.

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 01:29 PM
If we draft Will Smith it's just about guaranteed we don't resign Schobel it's that simple IMO.

socalfan
03-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

Yeah, when Michigan whoomped Ohio State this year...Smith had a sick game....one tackle after Perry ran the ball 7 yards upfield. No sacks, no QB hits, no backfield tackles.

Just imagine him against real NFL linemen. I think it is real easy to see an Eric Flowers in that guy. Some really smart coach will make him a linebacker then maybe you got a football player for the NFL.

elltrain22
03-15-2004, 04:07 PM
I still would rather have Udezi.