PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with the move...

Nighthawk
03-15-2004, 03:26 PM
ESPN's John Clayton is reporting that the Bills picked up the bonus option on Teague...oh well, our line still doesn't impress me!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1760285

Devin
03-15-2004, 03:28 PM
agreed.

Although we have the best of the best for OL coaching.

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
We can still get a center in the draft obviously not to start but in a year or 2 he can.

justasportsfan
03-15-2004, 03:30 PM
I knew this would happen once Bober signed w/ the Chiefs.

Ebenezer
03-15-2004, 03:30 PM
ugh...they were probably hoping to get Bober and when that failed they picked up the option.

Nighthawk
03-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Well, McNally better be able to cook...because he's got nothing but junk to make some dinner with! Ok, maybe not everybody blows, but center and left guard worry me! I hate when an organization tries to prove that they can make something work that hasn't worked for years. It gets old.

ScottLawrence
03-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Yes, That dissapoints me..... Did TD Watch any of the games last year?

justasportsfan
03-15-2004, 03:45 PM
The OL didn't do such a bad job running the ball when we did decide to ran the ball. Not only was Drew and the wr's confused with with Gilbrides schemes but I would think the OL as well.

Almost everyone seems to think that Mcnally is the best OL coach in the league and MM said he would keep a lot of Gilbrides simplify them like he did in Pitts. This would take away the confusion by all the players concerned especially on pass protection. Teague has played in these schemes for two years and may know it already.

This is probably why TD didn't make a strong drive to get Bober here or even call Woody.

elltrain22
03-15-2004, 03:46 PM
:cry: :madcurse: :crazed: :scratch:

ArcticWildMan
03-15-2004, 03:57 PM
:wail:

Patrick76777
03-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Can't have 5 stars on the O-line.

I like the set up.

Williams
Sullivan or Tucker
Teague
New Guy who's name I can't spell but starts with a V
Jennings.

I like it.

Halbert
03-15-2004, 04:05 PM
If I understand this correctly, they've got to have something up their sleeve regarding Teague. They're paying him like a pretty good center. Perhaps he graded out well but they think the guard play sucked. Or maybe they'll move him to guard and do something at center.

ryjam282
03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't think it's a bad move. I mean Teague isn't the best but who else could we have gotten to take his place had we not paid him the option. What other choice did TD have. Since Bober didn't want to come here we had to stick with him.

mypoorfriendme
03-15-2004, 05:40 PM
maybe mcnally will work miracles. and what about sobieski? i have a pretty good feeling about him now that he is healthy. :pray:

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2004, 06:32 PM
I won't lose ne sleep about the move, but I'm not a fan of it either. This preety much rules Grove out tho. But trading down, getting an xtra 2nd rounder, then grabbing Carrey, Evans, then Sean Jones would be great, but i doubting it more now. It seems that we'll grab one of the Williams, or Rivers, both great ideas. Thank goodness for TV, we won't need to even consider drafting a CB in the first 3 rounds now.

Tatonka
03-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
I won't lose ne sleep about the move, but I'm not a fan of it either. This preety much rules Grove out tho. But trading down, getting an xtra 2nd rounder, then grabbing Carrey, Evans, then Sean Jones would be great, but i doubting it more now. It seems that we'll grab one of the Williams, or Rivers, both great ideas. Thank goodness for TV, we won't need to even consider drafting a CB in the first 3 rounds now.

i agree shadow.. not losing sleep but not a huge fan.. it will work.

but i dont think that it rules out grove at all.. dont think for a second that if grove is there in the 2nd that td wont get him... and teague may actually be a better guard than center.. look at bruce matthews...

Dantheman1280
03-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I still have faith in MS he had a good rookie season and then faded if mcnally can work with him I belive he can be very solid.
Please Mcnally save our ship!!

Romes
03-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Teague was the only option after Bober signed with KC...

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i agree shadow.. not losing sleep but not a huge fan.. it will work.

but i dont think that it rules out grove at all.. dont think for a second that if grove is there in the 2nd that td wont get him... and teague may actually be a better guard than center.. look at bruce matthews...

Good point T. I'm :pray: that Grove drops to #46 or w/e we have...

Dozerdog
03-15-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm very comfortable with the move. He can play any position in the line- not as an all pro- but he's a better tackle than Sullivan, a better guard than Pucillo, and average at center. (in pass blocking) - for 2 years this line churned out 2800 yards for Travis Henry, on an offense that refused to utilize the running game properly.

To sign backups at Tackle, Guard, & Center it would cost a lot more than 2 million.

What this does is give Buffalo tremendous flexibility in the draft. Instead of drafting a guy 15-20 spots ahead of where he should, we now can get the best guy on the board, weather it's a WR, QB, Center, Guard, or whatever.

helmetguy
03-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
look at bruce matthews...

Except for the time he had to play LG across from Bruce Smith! To his credit, he hung tough, considering he'd never played there before. Matthews is certainly a goal to aspire to.

Bert102176
03-15-2004, 08:52 PM
well looks like our OL will suck again if he is a starter

TigerJ
03-15-2004, 09:52 PM
I think there is enough there on the line for McNally to do something with. It's a lot more than he's had sometimes in New York. Ross Tucker is listed as a center even though he played guard last season. I think that since it was Pucillo who sucked the worst last year, Buffalo decided at that point in the season it was better to plug Tucker in at guard and let Teague stay where he was, rather than shift Teague to guard and end up with two changes on the line. I think they'll experiment with Tucker at center, and if he handles it, Teague will have to compete elsewhere. I do think Sobieski will be in the mix with the other guys (Sullivan and Teague). I think Pucillo is still on the roster, but he's got a lot to prove to me before I'm convinced he can play professional football. Sobieski should be ready to compete after a year watching from the sidelines. Villarrial should be a fixture at the other guard spot. I think Villarrial plays right guard and it's Ruben Brown's spot where the competition will take place

mikemac2001
03-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Are line is alright, i think with a more balanced offense and not sending drew back every play and getting in 3rd and longs the sacks will go down the first downs go up and same with scoring. We cant have a perfect team, it has to be balanced i think we got a balanced team now will they perform i dont know.

MDFINFAN
03-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Ruddy is still out there if you need a center, but somehow and I don't know why, I got a feeling we will resign him, him or Nails if you don't get to Nails first.

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Ruddy is still out there if you need a center, but somehow and I don't know why, I got a feeling we will resign him, him or Nails if you don't get to Nails first.

Contrary to BS stories we aren't interested in Nails.:rolleyes:

MDFINFAN
03-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Contrary to BS stories we aren't interested in Nails.:rolleyes:

Hey I didn't start the rumors, blame it on the news papers, they're the ones writing this stuff...

Michael82
03-16-2004, 08:51 AM
According to the Buffalo News, we had to pick up his option or else we'd take another $2 million cap hit. By picking up the option, we didn't add more to his cap number.