PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisburger may be odd man out

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-15-2004, 05:26 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1760323

If this is true BILLS will take him #13 in a heartbeat no doubt about it!!!!!

The Natrix
03-15-2004, 05:30 PM
If we go into the season with: Volek, Roethlisberger, and Brown, my optimism will shoot the the roof!

mchurchfie
03-15-2004, 05:33 PM
The Chargers will take Manning, mark my words. They let one Manning slip away on them and picked Loserboy Leif instead, it won't happen again.:up:

mypoorfriendme
03-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
The Chargers will take Manning, mark my words. They let one Manning slip away on them and picked Loserboy Leif instead, it won't happen again.:up:

i wouldnt be so confident...the chargers need a lot of immediate help and marty doesnt have the time in his contract to develop a new QB. mark my words, the chargers will not take manning and will probably trade down atleast a few spots

Novacane
03-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

I would have said the same thing until they dumped Boston. They have nothing at WR and this move makes me think they are looking at Fitz or Mike Williams

The Natrix
03-15-2004, 05:40 PM
The chargers would surpass the Bengals and Cards to the biggest joke in the NFL if they pass on him.

Manning, Manning, and Vick could all be top five QBs in a couple seasons.

:lolpoint: Ryan Leaf, Drew Brees, Doug Flutie

Tatonka
03-15-2004, 05:43 PM
did you see the rest of the pro day info on there?

tommy harris ran a 4.78.. he will never get past the falcons.. but man.. he would be nice.. he could easily play DT or DE.

reggie williams ran 5 times - ranging from 4.48 to 4.64

Philagape
03-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Actually SD didn't let Manning slip away ... Indy took him first

Tatonka
03-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I would have said the same thing until they dumped Boston. They have nothing at WR and this move makes me think they are looking at Fitz or Mike Williams

if boston is traded, you are absolutely right fairway.. there is no way they pass on one of the two.

mypoorfriendme
03-15-2004, 06:11 PM
i think san diego will go with fitzgerald or trade down anywhere from 3 to 15. nows not the time for that team to bring in a rookie qb. san diego needs wins now before the franchise moves

BigZ
03-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Agree with the premise of the first post. Big Ben will be a Bill if he's there at #13

Devin
03-15-2004, 07:33 PM
would prefer Rivers, but Ben wouldnt be so bad.

justasportsfan
03-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Didn't the chargers just sign Flutie to an extension? Would they keep him w/ Brees and Manning? Hmmmm. Maybe Brees would be the odd man out. He was benched for playing like Fiedler. :idunno:

The_Philster
03-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Didn't the chargers just sign Flutie to an extension? Would they keep him w/ Brees and Manning? Hmmmm. Maybe Brees would be the odd man out. He was benched for playing like Fiedler. :idunno:

That's what's confusing. He signed a 6-year deal when he signed with the Bolts.

Dozerdog
03-15-2004, 08:29 PM
It's nearly impossible to have a top 10 pick in this year's draft and screw it up.

Anyone you pick should be great

justasportsfan
03-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

That's what's confusing. He signed a 6-year deal when he signed with the Bolts. I think it was restructured last year when Shot came in.

The_Philster
03-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I think it was restructured last year when Shot came in.

:idunno: Could be...but it would be funny for a player to take years off a deal.

Michael82
03-16-2004, 08:33 AM
This reminds me of 2001...remember how everyone was saying that the easy pick was OT Kenyatta Walker? We all thought it was a done deal when it was our pick. TD wheeled and dealed and found someone who liked Walker more and then got an extra 2nd rounder. I could see TD wheeling and dealing for a late 1st rounder and giving Big Ben to someone who is really in love with him.

Earthquake Enyart
03-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
if boston is traded, you are absolutely right fairway.. there is no way they pass on one of the two.

I hear you, but the Chargers have been all over Gallery. Smith, Schottenheimer, and the line coach were all at the Iowa pro day.

BigZ
03-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Devin
would prefer Rivers, but Ben wouldnt be so bad.

I would too. The important thing is to get a young QB in and this year's crop is tremendous.

Tatonka
03-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
This reminds me of 2001...remember how everyone was saying that the easy pick was OT Kenyatta Walker? We all thought it was a done deal when it was our pick. TD wheeled and dealed and found someone who liked Walker more and then got an extra 2nd rounder. I could see TD wheeling and dealing for a late 1st rounder and giving Big Ben to someone who is really in love with him.

i agree.. i have a feeling that is what is going to happen.

Michael82
03-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i agree.. i have a feeling that is what is going to happen.

And then last year....didn't TD act all interested in the DE's and DT's? And then one team traded up past him to get a DE, while he watched as McGahee fell into his lap. :D