PDA

View Full Version : Theismann: Dolphins are the best

WG
10-15-2002, 11:30 PM
By Joe Theismann
Special to ESPN.com

After six weeks, some teams are starting to assert themselves as legitimate contenders, while others may have to start looking at their future.

As I see them, here are the NFL's top five teams:

Jay Fiedler will have to stand and watch Ray Lucas lead the Miami offense in his absence.
1. Miami Dolphins
They are the best team in football. Their greatest challenge will be getting through the next month without one of their stars, quarterback Jay Fiedler, who will be out at least four weeks with a broken right thumb. Dave Wannstedt said he feels comfortable with Ray Lucas taking over for the time being. Remember, the Dolphins are a run-based offense with Ricky Williams. Offensive coordinator Norv Turner will keep the offense running smoothly until Fiedler returns. While they run the ball on offense, the Dolphins stop the run on defense. They have two terrific cover corners in Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain and a middle linebacker, Zach Thomas, who makes tackles from sideline to sideline. The Dolphins are a complete team.

We have a tough game ahead of us!

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2002, 01:57 AM
Well since I think Theisman is the biggest idiot in the broadcast circles today I wouldn't take too much he say seriously.

Who here besides be can't stand that arrogant jerk?

WG
10-16-2002, 02:00 AM
I've never been a big fan of him.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2002, 02:01 AM
I absolutly hate that guy!!! IMO he makes that dimwit Madden look like a genious!

WG
10-16-2002, 02:10 AM
He still knows a little bit about football.

;)

doug45
10-16-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

;)

But I still don't like him!

Novacane
10-16-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I absolutly hate that guy!!!

ditto

Novacane
10-16-2002, 07:28 AM

A veeerrrrry little bit IMO. It does not take a genius to say the dolphins a good team. Any moron can see that!

Valerie
10-16-2002, 08:34 AM
Well, if that's what Joe thinks then I say the Bills should just skip the game and spend the time on the beach. :rolleyes: I think Joe Theismann is a moron! Not only am I not interested in what he has to say, I can't stand listening to his annoying voice while he's saying it! He could be praising Doug Flutie and I still wouldn't listen to him! He's an @ss, IMHO.

Novacane
10-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
He could be praising Doug Flutie and I still wouldn't listen to him!

I can see why he'd a praise a fellow midget QB with a rag arm just like his! :rofl:

BlackJohn
10-16-2002, 10:51 AM
Joe Theisman is the biggest moron in broadcasting ... period. I think he is the only person on the planet that thinks Tom Brady has a stronger arm than Bledsoe. This is what he actually said last year when he was broadcasting the pats-rams game last year. I couldn't believe what I was hearing ... and I'm still looking for whatever he smoked before the game .... that's some serious s%^&!

Novacane
10-16-2002, 10:55 AM
ESPN's whold broadcast teams sucks! They brag about the guys in their game like they are the best in the NFL and then the following week they do it again.....etc.

MissBuffalo
10-16-2002, 11:03 AM
I liked Theismann as a player, but YIKES!!! He is an absolute moron when he broadcasts. But come on now, ESPN's entire broadcast team doesn't suck. What about Buffalo's own Paul McGuire?? IMO Paul's pretty good. He was when he broadcasted in Buffalo. Him and Theismann do go at it quite often.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Sorry, Miss B, that's Eden's own Paul Maguire.

I like Maguire, but I get tired of him and Joey arguing about EVERY little thing. Reminds me of my ex wife.

ublinkwescore
10-16-2002, 11:07 AM
Sunday NFL Countdown is still 50x's better then the NFL Show on Fox Sports Net. Tommy Davidson, and Michael Irvin are MORONS. The rest of the people on there I can stand. Demarco Farr or what ever his name is would be good on ESPN if they'd get rid of Tom Jackson, or anyone except for Chris Berman - because no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

Valerie
10-16-2002, 11:07 AM
I watch the Sunday night games with the mute button on. I can't stand listening to Joe Theismann. He ruins football for me!

Novacane
10-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Sunday NFL Countdown is still 50x's better then the NFL Show on Fox Sports Net. .

I agree 100% I watch the ESPN pre-game in the morning even over CBS and Fox. I can't stand looking at Deon Sanders on CBS and Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long are total morons on FOX.

MissBuffalo
10-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Sorry, Miss B, that's Eden's own Paul Maguire.
I like Maguire, but I get tired of him and Joey arguing about EVERY little thing. Reminds me of my ex wife.

LOL!!! Thanks for clearing that up double E!!!
And LOL about you and your ex. I know what you're saying!!!!!:punchu:

MissBuffalo
10-16-2002, 11:23 AM
Fox's morning show is pretty bad. I hate when they get on the fake field and run goofy fake plays. But, I do LOVE Howie Long. I loved him as a player, not to mention he's good eye candy!!!!

Novacane
10-16-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I like Maguire, but I get tired of him and Joey arguing about EVERY little thing.

Maguire should just slam Thiesman in the face once! That would shut him up.

Novacane
10-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
Fox's morning show is pretty bad. I hate when they get on the fake field and run goofy fake plays.

That is so lame! They act like morons when they run those plays. Jimmy J is a dork too!

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2002, 11:27 AM
Wonder what Jillian Barberie's husband thinks about all the "banter"?

The Natrix
10-16-2002, 11:41 AM
Joe T rules

MissBuffalo
10-16-2002, 11:44 AM
They do kind of "banter" her. That's one thing I kind of like on FOX is when they forcast the weather. It's good to know what's going on around the league. They don't have to make it into as big of a production as they do, but it's still interesting.

Judge
10-16-2002, 11:53 AM

;)

Very little- he's appropriately the author of "Idiot's Guide to Football". Only he fit the bill.

WG
10-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Feel the love...

:D

John from Hemet
10-16-2002, 02:24 PM
The thing I love about ole Joe is listening to him and Vic Curuchi fighting at the draft day coverage....

Joe sits there and gets all upset because Vic doesn't agree with him and he thinks he should always be right just because he is former NFL player....while Vic just does his homework...

Look Joe...being a former player doesn't really mean your an expert....I am a former college player and the game has passed me up the point where I am wrong sometimes too......

The game has simply progressed past Joe Theisman and he lives off of his name.....