• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Volek question

Any idea how much we'll end up paying for this guy?

I agree that we need someone better than AVP backing up Drew, but this team has other needs and I don't want the Bills to overpay for a guy who won't even start (not at the beginning of the season anyway).

I also doubt that Volek is the QB of the future. That being said, having him will be an upgrade at that position and we can worry about that later- my main concern is the price tag.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i would say around what alex van pelt is making, Opiv
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

Re: Volek question

Originally posted by OpIv37
      I don't want the Bills to overpay for a guy who won't even start (not at the beginning of the season anyway).

But the thing is, the Bills can wait until the beginning of November to cut Drew, and then proceed to give Schoebs an extention.

As for a contract I would say 5 years 18 million / 4 mil signing bonus, with incentives.

Byrd.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
        Exhausted of Losing
        • Mar 2004

I don't see Volek as the QB of the future. He's 27 years old. He's more of a reliable backup QB. Packers want him as a veteran backup and Atlanta and Denver have good young QBs who had injuries last year and the backups struggled. We don't need a reliable backup we need a young QB like Rivers or Losman,

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          i would say around what alex van pelt is making, Opiv
          I could live with that.
          Originally posted by The Natrix
          As for a contract I would say 5 years 18 million / 4 mil signing bonus, with incentives.
          I couldn't live with that.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The Natrix
            • Jul 2002

What The_Philster can live with.

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

He will get Jake Dellehomme money-

About 2 million a year

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

So Atlanta's "Lucrative" deal is only 2 mil per?

I'll bet all my ZBs that he gets more than 2 mil per, regardless of where he ends up.

Byrd.

Comment

• the dude
                  • Jul 2003

What The_Philster can live with.
                  that's funny stuff

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

So Atlanta's "Lucrative" deal is only 2 mil per?

I'll bet all my ZBs that he gets more than 2 mil per, regardless of where he ends up.

For a backup QB? Sure. It will be around 2-2.5 mill- he's still a backup- and they have a huge investment in Vick.

Buffalo can offer incentives that might entice him- like Dellehomme it was laced with incentives if he eventually won the starting job (as he did) - remember- Dellehomme was signed as a backup.

If Volek goes to Atlanta- he will never be a #1 QB. He might play- but only due to injury and will never be the #1. By the time he departs atlanta, he will be 30 and a 30 year old journeyman will have a tough time being a #1 (Gannon comes to mind- but that is a rare exception)

Buffalo gives him that option. Bledsoe is a lot closer to the end of the road than Vick is

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Billy Volek

Fresno State: Returns for his senior season as the undisputed starter... honorable mention All-WAC Pacific Division selection in 1997 ... has good arm strength and a nice touch ... a tremendous athlete ... one of best assets is decision making ... gives Fresno State an added dimension because of his running ability.(1998) Finished second in the WAC in passing efficiency with a rating of 131.7 … fifth in the conference in total offense with 1,955 yards … was the starter for all 11 games, completing 151 passes for 1,973 yards with 10 touchdowns and just three interceptions … threw for a career-best 349 yards on 19 completions in a loss at Texas Tech … had a season-high three passing touchdowns in the win over Hawaii … had a career-long 63-yard pass from scrimmage. (1997) Was one of the WAC's biggest surprises in 1997, throwing for 17 touchdowns and just six interceptions in his first season as a starter ... had not taken a major college snap prior to 1997 ... completed 56 percent of his passes and threw for 1,853 yards ... finished fifth in the WAC in passing efficiency with a 118.8 rating ... had one stretch of 204 consecutive pass attempts without an interception ... had three 200-yard passing games, including a then career-best 288-yard effort in an overtime loss to Oregon. (1996) Spent his redshirt freshman season as the Bulldogs' No. 3 quarterback, behind senior starter Jim Arellanes and senior backup Richie Donati ... appeared in one game, vs. Boise State in November, when he was called on to punt one time. (1995) Redshirt season.

High School: A 1995 graduate of Clovis West High School (Fresno, Calif.) ... named Northwest Yosemite League Offensive Player of the Year as a senior quarterback in 1994 ... completed 83 of 151 passes for 1,365 yards and 12 touchdowns in helping lead the Golden Eagles to an 11-1 record ... selected to play in the City-County All-Star game following his senior season.

Personal: Born 4-28-76 ... son of John and Vicki Volek ... is married to the former Kerri File … father is the head football coach at Sacramento State and former head football coach at Fresno CC ... older brother, Joe, played football at Montana State, and a brother-in-law played football at Georgia.

Last edited by The Spaz; 03-15-2004, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

the guy is the next Frank Reich, or Rob Johnson
                        Last edited by Bert102176; 03-15-2004, 08:20 PM.
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bert102176
                          the guy is the next Frank Reich, or Rob Johnson
                          You know this because...

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jul 2003

Billy Volek can wash Drews jock maybe.