X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Wire says he is the new FS!

"I had a chance to learn from Lawyer, who is one of the best in the NFL at the safety position," Wire said. "I was able to learn from him every day in practice. I learned so much that it would have taken years and years to learn, but I was able to do it right now because he came here.

"Last year was the best thing that could've ever happened to me. I became a good special teams player, but I also learned more about playing the safety position from the best in the business. I am really, really thankful for the way things turned out."

Wire's hard work paid dividends when he was given the chance to start at free safety with Milloy in the last game of the year at New England.

The combination was effective and plans for this season include Milloy and Wire in the starting defensive backfield.

"Within our scheme, free safety and strong safety are fairly similar," Wire said of his recent position change. "It's not that big of an adjustment.

"Last year, I learned so much mentally and I wasn't on the field as much which was good for my body. I was real healthy but mentally I was working every day, so I am really excited this year."

So are the Buffalo Bills fans with the addition of former Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey who takes over as head coach.

"The only thing that is constant in the world is change, and change is good when you make the most of it," Wire said. "I look forward to the new coaches coming in and the wisdom they will bring with them.

"For me, I am going to make the most of my new role as free safety and try to make strides to be better today than I was yesterday and hopefully in the end, I will be sitting in a good place."

wow.. that is a big friggen deal to me! i am so happy right now to know that he will get that shot.. i would go ahead and cut reese right now..

nice work to lunatic bills fan for this find..

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Hey I like it. If the team as has faith that he can cover then I'm for it!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
      Hey I like it. If the team as has faith that he can cover then I'm for it!
      i like i have said in other posts.. with milloy and vincent back there.. and clements talent.. wire will be fine.. and he is fast enough and athletic enough.. he will get better with time..but you gotta have playmakers out there.. and he is definately a playmaker... moreso than any other FS we have on the roster.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

i like i have said in other posts.. with milloy and vincent back there.. and clements talent.. wire will be fine.. and he is fast enough and athletic enough.. he will get better with time..but you gotta have playmakers out there.. and he is definately a playmaker... moreso than any other FS we have on the roster.
        True if he doesn't make the int then he'll knock the snot out of someone and cause a fumble!

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

The combination was effective and plans for this season include Milloy and Wire in the starting defensive backfield.
          i'm very glad to read this. Wire will prove he deserves to play every down on the defense.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
            Exhausted of Losing
            • Mar 2004

Good news and how bad can he do playing in the secondary with Clements, Milloy, and Vincent?

Off Topic but- What should my title be?

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Coy Wire

We will have the secondary of death!

Comment

• the dude
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by shelby

i'm very glad to read this. Wire will prove he deserves to play every down on the defense.
                I'm a Wire fan but if his play was effective in that 31-0 shellacking, then woohoo! I need more moonshine.:drinker:

Comment

• bills_7
                  TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
                  Good news and how bad can he do playing in the secondary with Clements, Milloy, and Vincent?

Off Topic but- What should my title be?

they will give u one soon enough

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                    I am the Man!
                    • Mar 2004

YEAAAAA

COY WIRE IS A TRUE BALLER GET HIM IN THERE I LOVE THIS MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOO HOO

MIAMI

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by the dude
                      I'm a Wire fan but if his play was effective in that 31-0 shellacking, then woohoo! I need more moonshine.:drinker:
                      no body showed up for that game.. no one..

Originally posted by bills_7
                      they will give u one soon enough
                      on it..

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

Nice.

Now we will see if he truly "sucks" like a few of you claim.

Byrd.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                          Exhausted of Losing
                          • Mar 2004

I have the zonebucks. They give you one?

Comment

• the dude
                            • Jul 2003

Re: Wire says he is the new FS!

"IWire's hard work paid dividends when he was given the chance to start at free safety with Milloy in the last game of the year at New England.

:
                            no body showed up for that game.. no one..
                            : [/B]
                            Not disagreein' with you there T but I'm not putting a lot into an article that prefaces their comments with the above statement.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
                              Nice.

Now we will see if he truly "sucks" like a few of you claim.

there is NO WAY he can be worse than PP or Reese.. no way..

man..i am so happy with our secondary and our LBs now.. if kelsay performs like jerry gray seems to think.. our defense will be more dominant than last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X