PDA

View Full Version : Anybody curious why the Bills have yet to confirm the Vincent signing?

Nighthawk
03-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Just seems funny that this has been reported by numerous news outlets throughout the day, but the Bills have not confirmed it. Silence makes me start to wonder if Vincent may pull a Winfield!:ill:

shelby
03-15-2004, 08:25 PM
:chair:
Hush!!!

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 08:25 PM
The Bills are always quiet with their dealing with players. I'm not worried nobody else has claimed to sign him yet or has he bolted from Buffalo as far as I know.

The Natrix
03-15-2004, 08:26 PM
I hear ya. I'll believe it when I hear his name in traing camp (probably because he picked off one of Bledsoe's ducks).

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Well if he pulls a Winfield :2guns: :pow: :badboy:

shelby
03-15-2004, 08:27 PM
:nana:

Vincent's agent Linda Bodley told The Associated Press that her free-agent client agreed to a six-year deal, choosing Buffalo ahead of two other teams - Cincinnati and Kansas City - that had courted him.

"He's relieved that he's finally made a decision," Bodley said. "And with any of the three teams he couldn't go wrong. He's very pleased."

link (http://www.dailycomet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040315/APS/403151061)

Nighthawk
03-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Good find, Shelby!

The Spaz
03-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by shelby
:nana:

link (http://www.dailycomet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040315/APS/403151061)

Awesome find Shelby!:inlove: :bf1: :snicker::up::beer:

shelby
03-15-2004, 08:36 PM
:curtsey:

Mr. Cynical
03-15-2004, 08:42 PM
"He's relieved that he's finally made a decision," Bodley said. "And with any of the three teams he couldn't go wrong. He's very pleased."

Terrible PR statement. Makes him look like he flipped a coin. Should have said something like, "He felt all three teams were good choices, but Buffalo was really his first choice." I don't care if its not true but c'mon...

mypoorfriendme
03-15-2004, 08:52 PM
im with you kal. but then again there has to be something that made him lean toward buffalo and it had to be a lot because with kansas he had good chances to win a ring, and with the bengals hed get to play under marvin lewis and a rising team

Mr. Cynical
03-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Two words. bling-bling. :pimp:

I bet the Bills offer has some great incentive clauses that make it worth more than the other two. I mean, choosing over Cincy I can understand - they will likely revert to the Bungals this year. But KC is a very strong team - stronger than the Bills I'm afraid - and it also has a great tradition. So it had to be the money. Nothing wrong with that though...he is at the end of his career and needs to make as much as he can while he can.

kardshark19
03-16-2004, 04:48 AM
http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/107943183833564.xml

This article gives a lot of insight on why he signed. Just help us get to the Big Game TV!

Michael82
03-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by kal123
Two words. bling-bling. :pimp:

I bet the Bills offer has some great incentive clauses that make it worth more than the other two. I mean, choosing over Cincy I can understand - they will likely revert to the Bungals this year. But KC is a very strong team - stronger than the Bills I'm afraid - and it also has a great tradition. So it had to be the money. Nothing wrong with that though...he is at the end of his career and needs to make as much as he can while he can.

KC already has two solid CBs starting and were talking about using him to compete for one and the loser gets the nickel back.

BigZ
03-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by kardshark19
http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/107943183833564.xml

This article gives a lot of insight on why he signed. Just help us get to the Big Game TV!

Great article. Now we need about 5 picks from him in 2004.

BTW, all you guys that have said some pretty nasty things about TD sitting on his hands, how do you like the fact that the Bills contacted Vincent at 12:01 and managed to get the deal done while he was driving back from Cinci?

My guess is that he'll sign the deal this morning and they'll be a press conference this PM.

The Spaz
03-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by zielinski

Great article. Now we need about 5 picks from him in 2004.

BTW, all you guys that have said some pretty nasty things about TD sitting on his hands, how do you like the fact that the Bills contacted Vincent at 12:01 and managed to get the deal done while he was driving back from Cinci?

My guess is that he'll sign the deal this morning and they'll be a press conference this PM.

Vincent Signed
The Bills have signed cornerback Troy Vincent. Vincent, 32, spent the last eight seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles and has been selected to the Pro Bowl in each of the last five campaigns. Vincent will speak to the media this afternoon via conference call and it is anticipated that he will be in Buffalo on Wednesday (weather permitting). Check back shortly for audio of his Q&A session with the media.