PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs ? are you serious ?

Buffalofan
03-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Ok, I have to ask .. does anyone still think this team is playoff caliber ? I have to throw out a very big NO !!

Once again the Sabres had a lead (3 points tonight) and managed to squander it away and lose in overtime. 6 possible points against the Bruins and Maple Leafs ended up in a pathetic 3 points.

Buffalo had the lead in all 3 games going into the 3rd and managed to lose all 3 in overtime. While tonights game was a much better performance its still to little, to late.

Thats no way to catch the Islanders. The disappointment in the locker room has to be tremendous and time is running out.

I just hope the appropriate changes are made when the opportunity presents itself.... whatever those changes are.

Perhaps next year .. again !!

:peacesign

qcsabresfan84
03-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Playing .500 against two of the best teams in the East? Sounds pretty good to me. We probably could have won each game, but we didn't. Doesn't matter. We are now only 4 points out of 8th and we have 10 games left. Of course we're still thinking playoffs. They are still well within reach. It's not like we have "right on the brink of mathematical elimination" hope. Then I would admit that it is very unlikely for us to make the playoffs. But we're right in the hunt. We pretty much have just a good of chance of making the playoffs as the Islanders do of missing them. Barely scraping points might not be the ideal way to catch the Isles, but it is a way.
As for the disapointment in the locker room, that will only motivate the team to strive harder to make up for ground that they lost themselves. They can't blame the other teams for our last three games, so they have no excuses. That's what makes them proffesional athletes, they can take responsibility for their actions and bounce back and do what their paid to do.

Nighthawk
03-15-2004, 09:28 PM
This team is not going to the playoffs. Just think, they would only be 1 point out of a playoff spot if Biron (that joke of a goaltender) could have held the lead in the last 3 games!

qcsabresfan84
03-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
This team is not going to the playoffs. Just think, they would only be 1 point out of a playoff spot if Biron (that joke of a goaltender) could have held the lead in the last 3 games!

How does what could have happened prove that we won't make the playoffs. Every team in the league has "we could have"'s, it all evens out.

don137
03-16-2004, 06:53 AM
To be outscored 9-1 in the third period and overtime the last three games shows this team lacks heart and a clutch goaltender. Not exactly the makeup you want for a team grasping for a playoff spot.

Myers57
03-16-2004, 10:24 AM
I would definetely agree the lack of a clutch goaltender, in Marty...

Mika Noronen will start against Atlanta and will put up a show against the High Scoring Thrashers to earn back that number one spot!