PDA

View Full Version : Some sad realizations about the Sabres

Earthquake Enyart
03-16-2004, 07:28 AM
1. Boy, they are sure awfully small at center. We have no answer for Sundin, Thorton, and the like.

2. If Chris Gratton had 1/3 the guts of Briere, he would be an all star every year. But boy, did Briere get his ass kicked, not once but twice in a row by McCabe.

3. If you want to keep anything fragile during the game, just give it to Tallender. Your items will remain undisturbed.

4. Sorry Marty. You've had chance after chance. :bigwave:

5. Big secret! They really kept Delmore and gave him #34 and call him "Jillson"

6. Satan, by far, is this teams best player, but he only tries about 25% of the time. He made some awesome plays last night.

7. If Pyatt was in my workplace, I would think that he's related to the boss. I have no idea why he gets the ice time that he does.

8. Boy, I'm starting to miss Smelik.

9. I love Brad Brown. The guy is fearless. I love watching him take a run at guys. The last guy to do that was Barnaby.

10. Do you really want to see this team scrape into the playoffs, only to get their asses handed to them in four straight by someone? These last few games with Toronto, Boston, and the Devils sure have pointed out that the Sabres are no where close to competing with the upper echelon teams. Except Ottawa. :snicker:

11. To kill time during the playoff run, can someone clue me in on the Kristen Peca story? Thanks.

Ebenezer
03-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
7. If Pyatt was in my workplace, I would think that he's related to the boss. I have no idea why he gets the ice time that he does.

As long as Pyatt and Connolly can walk and chew gum they will get play on this team because Darcy has to show that he got something for Peca.

11. To kill time during the playoff run, can someone clue me in on the Kristen Peca story? Thanks.

I've heard various rumors...take your pic...

1. She and Barnaby were "more than friends"
2. She wanted out of Buffalo more than Peca
3. She was the driving force behind the holdout
4. She wanted to do the Tops commercials; Peca didn't
5. She was pissed that the playoffs ran so long one year that it got close to their wedding.

Earthquake Enyart
03-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I've heard various rumors...take your pic...

1. She and Barnaby were "more than friends"
2. She wanted out of Buffalo more than Peca
3. She was the driving force behind the holdout
4. She wanted to do the Tops commercials; Peca didn't
5. She was pissed that the playoffs ran so long one year that it got close to their wedding.

I thought she was from Buffalo?

Ebenezer
03-16-2004, 08:08 AM
I thought she was from Buffalo?

...all the more?? Those are just the rumors...

***PLEASE NOTE*** I am not criticizing anybodies choice to move away from here***

There are some people who have left the area that I have talked with and it was their goal to get out of B-lo from the time they were teenagers...I admit to thinking it many times.

Myers57
03-16-2004, 10:15 AM
There is so much money invested into Connolly and Pyatt that it would be dumb not to play them and try to get all that you can out of them...

My dad met Mike Pecas wife and he said she seemed like a real nice person... ;)

mchurchfie
03-16-2004, 10:49 AM
1. Boy, they are sure awfully small at center. We have no answer for Sundin, Thorton, and the like.

2. If Chris Gratton had 1/3 the guts of Briere, he would be an all star every year. But boy, did Briere get his ass kicked, not once but twice in a row by McCabe.

3. If you want to keep anything fragile during the game, just give it to Tallender. Your items will remain undisturbed.

6. Satan, by far, is this teams best player, but he only tries about 25% of the time. He made some awesome plays last night.

9. I love Brad Brown. The guy is fearless. I love watching him take a run at guys. The last guy to do that was Barnaby.

10. Do you really want to see this team scrape into the playoffs, only to get their asses handed to them in four straight by someone? These last few games with Toronto, Boston, and the Devils sure have pointed out that the Sabres are no where close to competing with the upper echelon teams. Except Ottawa. :snicker:

:bf1: What I've been saying all along. They should package up Jillson, Pyatt, Connelly, and Campbell and trade them for a bag of peanuts. A snake has more backbone than all four put together.:cynic: To put Hecht out at center on the most important draw of the game in the last minute last night speaks volumes of our center status. Way to go Darcy.:cynic:

mchurchfie
03-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Afinogenov61
My dad met Mike Pecas wife and he said she seemed like a real nice person... ;)

Did he get any?:naughty:

Earthquake Enyart
03-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
To put Hecht out at center on the most important draw of the game in the last minute last night speaks volumes of our center status. Way to go Darcy.:cynic:

Someone asked Lindy about that in teh PC after the game. Lindy said that with Drury hurt, he really didn't have much choice, and that Hecht had won 4 in a row before that (including the stupid icing by Kalinin).

I'm getting the feeling more and more that Lindy and Darcy aren't on the same page.

mchurchfie
03-16-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm thinking Ron Francis would have looked good out there in a Sabres uni on that draw. We have had the most pitiful centers when it comes to faceoffs for as long as I can remember, I don't understand why this problem has never been addressed. Don't these knuckleheads realize the importance of winning a draw.:cynic: Also, this team couldn't clear a puck out of their own end even if they were going against a peewee hockey team at halftime....pathetic!!:puke:

Ebenezer
03-16-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm thinking Ron Francis would have looked good out there in a Sabres uni on that draw. We have had the most pitiful centers when it comes to faceoffs for as long as I can remember, I don't understand why this problem has never been addressed. Don't these knuckleheads realize the importance of winning a draw.:cynic: Also, this team couldn't clear a puck out of their own end even if they were going against a peewee hockey team at halftime....pathetic!!:puke:

I said it then...we get Jillson and the Leafs get a leader.

Turf
03-16-2004, 06:24 PM
The management and coaching decisions have for years been aweful, and have prevented the development of a lot of young talent. There's too much of a cast system in Ruff's mind. Youngsters are treated like s&*t in this organization, yanked around, and never given an equal chance. Bartovic is the latest example.
Too many favorites. Anyone remember Sanderson? Too much line swapping. Poor goalie management. Poor front office management, blaming the goalkeeping after every loss then saying that they felt they had sufficient goaltending going into the season, then once again blaming the goaltending.
Favorites. Pyatt anyone? Is this a stretch playoff run, or is management more concerned with saving face.
For the last time...RUFF AND REGIER SUCK. Three straight years out of the playoffs. Do we really need 4 years out of the playoffs before somebody wakes TF up?

mchurchfie
03-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by HighTurfDrifter
The management and coaching decisions have for years been aweful, and have prevented the development of a lot of young talent. There's too much of a cast system in Ruff's mind. Youngsters are treated like s&*t in this organization, yanked around, and never given an equal chance. Bartovic is the latest example.
Too many favorites. Anyone remember Sanderson? Too much line swapping. Poor goalie management. Poor front office management, blaming the goalkeeping after every loss then saying that they felt they had sufficient goaltending going into the season, then once again blaming the goaltending.
Favorites. Pyatt anyone? Is this a stretch playoff run, or is management more concerned with saving face.
For the last time...RUFF AND REGIER SUCK. Three straight years out of the playoffs. Do we really need 4 years out of the playoffs before somebody wakes TF up?

:bf1::bf1:Couldn't have said it better.:bf1:

SkateZilla
03-16-2004, 08:06 PM

I agree On All Those..

Believe it Or Not Lindy Ruff's Recon in the Post Season is Better than the Regular Season.

SABURZFAN
03-17-2004, 04:06 AM
this team needs an enema.

Myers57
03-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Did he get any?:naughty:

hmm, my dad, thats just wrong!