PDA

View Full Version : TV signing

Buckets
03-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Is anyone else wondering if we are expecting this guy to be around when he is 39? Probably not so we get to pay him when he's retired. Personally I'm not enthused about this move especially with Bobby Taylor out there..

Patrick76777
03-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Get one of the cap guys in here stat!

Give this man the info he needs to be saved!

Ebenezer
03-16-2004, 08:29 AM
I am sure the contract is written to help the salary cap...nobody expects him to be playing when he is 39 :rolleyes:

The Spaz
Originally posted by Buckets
Is anyone else wondering if we are expecting this guy to be around when he is 39? Probably not so we get to pay him when he's retired. Personally I'm not enthused about this move especially with Bobby Taylor out there..

I can almost guarantee that the way the contract is structured that is won't be that hard on us cap wise when he decides to retire.:up:

justasportsfan
How much would Taylor cost?

Novacane
03-16-2004, 08:30 AM

We cut him after 3 years if he's not performing. If the signing bonus is 3.5 as reported we take a 1.75 cap hit. Big deal.

Dozerdog
03-16-2004, 08:43 AM

I wonder what the statistic is for players who sign their first big dollar contract - how many actually see the end of their deals?

It's got to be well under 50%

20 million for 6 years with 3.5 million up front.

so, 16.5 million spread out over 6- that's an average of 2.75 million a year- and the bonus if spreadout over 6 = well just over $500K a season

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
We cut him after 3 years if he's not performing. If the signing bonus is 3.5 as reported we take a 1.75 cap hit. Big deal.

Mr. Cynical
03-16-2004, 02:37 PM
He'll be gone in 2 years (3 at absolute max) so whatever the math is for that, that's our hit.

The_Philster
03-16-2004, 04:01 PM

Added all together, if Vincent plays the first three years of his deal, he'd probably play a lot more than Taylor would in a 6-year deal with all his injuries.

mightyspaz
03-16-2004, 04:34 PM
If we sign Volek we could call it the Triple V Offseason! .... I'm Trademarking it!