PDA

View Full Version : Fish dropping like flies!

LouGrant
10-16-2002, 07:00 AM
Gadsen joins Chambers and Fiedler on the sidelines:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/4294077.htm

DOLPHINS NOTEBOOK
Gadsden, Chambers are doubtful for Sunday
Broncos safety banned 1 game
BY ETHAN J. SKOLNICK AND JASON COLE
eskolnick@herald.com

The Dolphins' offense will have a much different look Sunday, likely with James McKnight and Dedric Ward as the starting receivers for new quarterback Ray Lucas.

A source said Tuesday that receiver Oronde Gadsden, who sprained his right wrist in Sunday's win at Denver, is ''very doubtful'' to play. Gadsden flew to Dallas on Tuesday, and will be there today to have a second opinion on his swollen wrist, and to see if he can play with the injury for the remainder of the season. He is not expected to practice this week.

Gadsden was injured in the first half Sunday and played the rest of the game, catching five passes for 77 yards. He has 16 catches this season.

According to another source, Chris Chambers, who leads the team with 23 receptions, is also doubtful. Chambers suffered a severe concussion on Broncos safety Kenoy Kennedy's second-quarter helmet-to-helmet hit. Tuesday, the NFL suspended Kennedy for one game without pay.

With Robert Baker the only other wide receiver on the roster, the Dolphins might sign another pass-catcher.

Miami could also split tight end Randy McMichael out as a receiver, also using tight ends Desmond Clark and Jed Weaver and fullback Rob Konrad in the passing game.

LouGrant
10-16-2002, 07:01 AM
Looks like it will be all-Ricky all the time

Novacane
10-16-2002, 07:30 AM
9 men in the Box! Watson might even be able to cover one of those 2!

Novacane
10-16-2002, 07:31 AM
The only bad thing about this is WCF has a built in excuse if we win.

Mr. Miyagi
10-16-2002, 07:40 AM
You know, Ray Lucas is not exactly chop-liver. Remember how he lit us up when he was still with the Jets? He is a pretty good scrambler, a miniature version of Culpepper. The minute we underestimate him, he'll stick it to us.

Halbert
10-16-2002, 08:12 AM
I'm very nervous about Lucas. Fortunately his top two WR's look to be out. Still, I don't think the Bills will underestimate him.

LouGrant
10-16-2002, 08:21 AM
Looks like the Dolphin second quarter Preseason offense will be out there. What about starting Minor? lol

Ebenezer
10-16-2002, 08:24 AM
Now if Ricky would just get hurt before Sunday.

casdhf
10-16-2002, 08:29 AM
I don't think our defense could afford to underestimate UB :shakeno:

LouGrant
10-16-2002, 08:29 AM
Now , Now, there Ebby!

We never want or wish for a player to get injured...

Let's hope he gets arrested instead, OK? :D

TigerJ
10-16-2002, 08:52 AM
One of the benefits of the injury situation in Miami is that Buffalo may not have to play their nickel package the whole game like we have so many games this season. Even if we do some of the time Watson won't be matched up on the other team's top receiver all the time because he'll be keeping the bench warm.
Less 3 receiver sets means an extra person in the box (true 46 defense personnel package) to work at stopping the run. No I'm not taking Ray Lucas for granted, and poor play by the Bills will certainly result in a loss, but a win is certainly not unrealistic, given the scenario.

WG
10-16-2002, 09:44 AM
Good point Tiger. I'm sure Watson can cover one of the camera men effectively on the sidelines. I think...

Gadsen and Chambers out; That's a shame! :D

"Watson might even be able to cover one of those 2!"

I wouldn't wager the game on it! ;)

clumping platelets
10-16-2002, 09:47 AM
How about playing an extra S??

Winfield and Clements at CBs

Prioleau, Wire, and Jenkins at S

Play Wire as a pseudo-LB for run support and allow Jenkins to play vs rookie TE McMichael

Mix it up..........Lucas is NOT a Pro-Bowler

Rebecky
10-16-2002, 09:54 AM
McKnight will play but he's banged up, too -- per CBS sportsline.

Even Cinci could beat Miami this week! The football gods have smiled indeed.

WG
10-16-2002, 10:01 AM
"Lucas is NOT a Pro-Bowler"

Neither were Carr, Gaffney, and Wells, all rookies. ;)

We simply can't underestimate anything. Miami in the state that their in right now w/ all of their injuries, are still head and shoulders above the Texans and the Texans almost took us to O/T. So I'm not countin' any chickens yet.

Miami's passing game will be fine. It is a complement, not the primary like ours is. If our passing game falters, we're doomed. Miami's can suck and they can still win on the merits of D and running. Besides, it's not like they have Rice and Brown and those two got hurt. We've been getting burned by WRs this season who are not particularly good.

I'll see what happens on Sunday and be happy if we can play them close. Lucas will be fine. I'm sure one of those three guys will end up playing. A little "juice" before the game, and voilah!

WCoastFin
10-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
The only bad thing about this is WCF has a built in excuse if we win.

you got that wrong....I dont have an excuse, sure I wouldve love to see both teams with everything theyve got, but If we dont have depth at these positions its our fault.....however if we win I dont know what you would want to call it embarissing or not, becuz to know that our backups won will be kind of funny.

WCoastFin
10-16-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Now if Ricky would just get hurt before Sunday.

are you hoping he gets hurt?....damn bro, what kind of a strategy is that?