PDA

View Full Version : McGahee's Role

IHateTheDullphins
03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
I understand that the coaching staff wants to introduce WM into the game slowly, but I'm curious as to what role he will play besides popping in when TH is tired. I would like to see some 2 back sets featuring the both of them. I just cant friggin wait to see what this kid's got. anyone else as stoked as I am.

On the Vincent signing: That just made a slow, boring Free Agency a lot more exciting. My guess is we'll be taking the best available WR at #13. I've got a feeling we might address DE (if not in the draft) after the next cap cuts.

One more note: I can't wait to see how Mularkey handles this team. Up to this point I've been impressed.

The Spaz
03-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Well I think we will see a lot of Willis and McGahee on the field at the same time as Tom Clements and Mike Mularkey have both said that. I think Willis will be very good if the reports are true that he is 100% which I beleive they are. I think we will either take a WR at #13 or trade down and get an offensive linemen dpendin gon how the rest of tree agency pans out for us.

helmetguy
03-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
I understand that the coaching staff wants to introduce WM into the game slowly, but I'm curious as to what role he will play besides popping in when TH is tired. I would like to see some 2 back sets featuring the both of them. I just cant friggin wait to see what this kid's got. anyone else as stoked as I am.

On the Vincent signing: That just made a slow, boring Free Agency a lot more exciting. My guess is we'll be taking the best available WR at #13. I've got a feeling we might address DE (if not in the draft) after the next cap cuts.

One more note: I can't wait to see how Mularkey handles this team. Up to this point I've been impressed.

MM did say, soon after his arrival, that he could see situations where WM and TH are in the backfield at the same time. Both backs have "cutback" ability (even though TH wasn't called upon very often for counters or traps) and both are powerful runners. The interesting part will be to see what WM brings by way of screens and working the edges. These are things that have been sorely missing in our offense the last couple of years.

The Spaz
03-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by bigbry

we will find out this season...BTW Moore was injured in training camp NOT before he was drafted.

BB

No **** results we're the same, didn't play the season.

bigbry
03-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

No **** results we're the same, didn't play the season.

:nerd: Ha hahahahahaha

BB

Dozerdog
03-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by bigbry
His role? Sitting at home on the soffa counting his money he stole from the Bills. :hump:

BB

Ah... the hillarity. BigBry- you used to be somebody- a smack contender...... now you have been reduced to elementary school lunch room smack.

Hahahahahaha...uh....you guys suck....huhuhuhuhuh.....duh.....

Hang 'em up cowboy....

IHateTheDullphins
03-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Nice job bigbry. 3 terrible posts. nice job.

Mr. Cynical
03-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well I think we will see a lot of Willis and McGahee on the field at the same time...

At the same time? I hope so, otherwise the guy would be in some serious pain. ;)

IF McGahee plays as well as they projected him to play, Henry will end up backing him up midway through the season and will likely be traded next year.

Dozerdog
03-16-2004, 02:46 PM
I'll sort out the smack fom the thread. If BigBry wants to continue this in the proper forum, w ewill accomodate him. If not- :wave:

The Spaz
03-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by kal123

At the same time? I hope so, otherwise the guy would be in some serious pain. ;)

IF McGahee plays as well as they projected him to play, Henry will end up backing him up midway through the season and will likely be traded next year.

My bad obviously meant Travis and Willis on the field at the same time!:couch::woeisme:

Tatonka
03-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
i love tatonka.. he is the king

:wave:

i was just quoting him.. why did you move mine?

Dozerdog
03-16-2004, 02:59 PM
McGahee, anyone?

It will be interesting if they take a Hearst-Barlow approach, or if it's a down & distance kind of thing.

Henry for grinding out yards, McGahee as the speed guy. He would be great on draw plays as well.

Tatonka
03-16-2004, 03:02 PM
unfortunately, i think it will be a damn hearst/barlow thing.. which i hate..

but i think the best comparison is

bettis/zeroue

Dozerdog
03-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

bettis/zeroue

But at least Bettis has a FB's body. He's a battering ram. I don't see Henry in that role

IHateTheDullphins
03-16-2004, 03:07 PM
I would like to see WM used about 1/3 of the time for the first few games, and see how he performs. If he plays well, this could give us a slight advantage in game planning. Having another back with break away potential could give defensive coordinators fits trying to figure out what we're gonna do.

Tatonka
03-16-2004, 03:07 PM
why? henry is a battering ram.. he just isnt a fat ass.

henry is much more powerful than bettis has been for the last several years.

Aero II
03-16-2004, 03:08 PM

bettis/zeroue
I hope it's Thurman/Kenny D

IHateTheDullphins
03-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Aero II

I hope it's Thurman/Kenny D

There you go, good scenario. :up:

Mr. Cynical
03-16-2004, 05:15 PM

Same here. Yeah, there are a few (very few actually) exceptions to the rule, but the rule is one great back > two backs.

B-DON
03-17-2004, 03:21 AM
wm will be a monster and i know he will. it will be a very sad day when henry has to leave. he has the most heart i have ever seen comparable to the way iversson plays with heart

shelby
03-17-2004, 06:57 AM
i think TH will continue to produce. i believe the competition with Willis will only serve to improve his performance. He has proven himself to be a warrior who is willing to sacrifice his body for the sake of the team. If used properly, he can be downright dangerous.
i'm interested to see if Willis will return to his pre-injury college form. If so, our we will have a :angry:ing amazing run attack.
i wish we hadn't lost Gash.:mad: