PDA

View Full Version : I found this article very interesting

RedEyE
03-16-2004, 05:48 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2236146

Now, without Boston, the Chargers have a huge hole at the receiver position. It will be difficult for San Diego to pass up Roy Williams or Larry Fitzgerald with the first pick in the draft and take a quarterback when they already have Drew Brees under center. Really, drafting a receiver probably was the best route for the Chargers all along. It's too early to give up on Brees.

Imo, if the Chargers do go with a WR with the #1 pick overall, the Cardinals are almost guaranteed to end up with Manning. This instantly lowers Rothlisberger projection to go in the draft. With Manning going at the 3rd overall pick, the next team that I see pushing to draft a QB, before the Bill's 13 selection, is Pittsburgh at the 11th overall selection.

I would not be against a Buffalo trade up from the 13th selection to the 10th with Houston securing Big Ben in Buffalo. The Texans are projected to be gaming for DL. This new shift from the Chargers could make it easy for the Texans to get a solid DL pick at 13.

Would TD be willing to trade up? Probably not, but it's another option for the front office to thoroughly explore.

Fryin' The Fish
03-16-2004, 05:51 PM
that would be great. i think if TD wants it, he will stop at nothing to get it. i would love to see Rothlisberger backing up Bledsoe next year.

Dozerdog
03-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Teams that need a QB

1) SD- Manning in 1st, coud keep Brees, Get Loseman or Rivers in 2nd

2) Arizona- Manning, ir they stick with McCown

3)Pittsburgh- Roethlesberger or Rivers, or wait until Rd 2

4) Buffalo

5) Miami- Feely

6) Dallas- Henson

7) Packers- Volek , Loseman

Fryin' The Fish
03-16-2004, 06:23 PM
i wish manning will fall. i know it is HIGHLY unlikly but that would own so much. i think he will follow in his bros foot steps.

mypoorfriendme
03-16-2004, 06:33 PM
:lol: not going to happen. i highly doubt big ben will fall past the steelers MUCH less manning. manning will got top 3 i promise.

Billsouth
03-16-2004, 07:07 PM
if manning falls past cardinals then he would be available at number 10 and we would HAVE to trade up and get him.

i also believe that it is possible the cards will pass on manning and go for one of the wrs or d line

Lone Stranger
03-16-2004, 07:52 PM
It is becoming apparent to me that the teams in the upper echelon of the draft are getting a little gun-shy. With the $ those players demand, particularly the QBs, I believe most of those teams are looking to trade down to get better value. And with the plethora of good QBS availiable are looking for cheaper prices later.

Tatonka
03-16-2004, 08:02 PM
td would be a moron to trade up in this draft to get any player.. unless he gave away picks for another draft to do so.

Dozerdog
03-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by fmr60
It is becoming apparent to me that the teams in the upper echelon of the draft are getting a little gun-shy. With the $ those players demand, particularly the QBs, I believe most of those teams are looking to trade down to get better value. And with the plethora of good QBS availiable are looking for cheaper prices later.

I don't think money has anything to do with it.

The teams down there are there for a reason- they have a lot of holes on their team. When a draft has 7-8 QBs of quality, and say- only 2 dominant tackles, the thought process is 'Hey- we will get Gallery (or whomever) and we will get our QB in Rd 2- one will be there"

If you are Arizona- - do you grab Big Ben in Rd 1 and an OK safety? ? Or do you get that dominant player in Taylor and grab a Loseman or Rivers in Rd 2?

yle
03-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Ben wouldn't make it past the Giants. They are said to be very high on him.

RedEyE
03-16-2004, 09:12 PM
I think the Giants have to go with Wilfork. They need a DT badly and they aren't going to fill that void in this year's free agency or late in this season's draft.

The Spaz
03-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I think the Giants have to go with Wilfork. They need a DT badly and they aren't going to fill that void in this year's free agency or late in this season's draft.

The Giants need D-line , O-line and QB.

shadowfax
03-16-2004, 09:37 PM
he'll tell the cards: look, we're taking Fitz. If that bothers you, we'll accept a trade for your third round pick. If not, have fun defending the kid you think is the best player in the entire draft. '

IF they bite, they get a high third round pick, and a great WR prospect or their pick of QB.

If not, they get Fitz.

If this doesn't happen, I'll be shocked.

B-DON
03-17-2004, 03:09 AM
the giants might want to wait and see how william joseph works out i think he was their 1st pick last year

Michael82
03-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
td would be a moron to trade up in this draft to get any player.. unless he gave away picks for another draft to do so.

I totally agree!