• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fryin' The Fish
    Fry Them Fishes!!
    • Mar 2004

what ever happened to Ramsey?

I heard a lot of talk about him earlier in the FA signing period but i havent heard anything since. Did the skins secure him or are they definitly not looking to trade. i think he will be good on the bills.
    The Bills
    I believe in the Bledsoe
  • kardshark19
    I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
    • Aug 2002

He is not being traded. Ramsey talked about wanting a trade since the Skins picked up Brunell with a contract due a starter. But all seems to be smoothed out, and since the Skins refuse to trade him anyway, it doesn't matter what he wants.
    If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Welcome to the Zone

i found this article dated 3/14...an interview with Gibbs indicating that Ramsey is going nowhere.

'You traded for quarterback Mark Brunell, and Patrick Ramsey is unhappy about that and wants to be traded. Will you trade him and, if not, will there be an open competition in training camp?'

We're not going to trade Patrick Ramsey. We feel he's a good young quarterback. If we didn't feel that way, we'd be looking to bring a young quarterback in here. Patrick Ramsey has a terrific future with the Washington Redskins. We'll play the preseason games and we'll evaluate that. Then we're going to make a decision based on who's the best person at each position, including quarterback. I've probably lived through quarterback situations where we made changes probably eight or nine times over 12 years. That should be a position that has, for me, very, very solid people there playing it. You can't afford to go in there and say if we had one person get hurt, we're up a creek. To me, that would pretty much destroy a football team.

Comment

• Fryin' The Fish
        Fry Them Fishes!!
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by shelby
        Welcome to the Zone

i found this article dated 3/14...an interview with Gibbs indicating that Ramsey is going nowhere.
        thanks. and thanks for the article.
        The Bills
        I believe in the Bledsoe

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Prediction: Ramsey's gonna be their starter before the end of the season.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Fryin' The Fish
            Fry Them Fishes!!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
            Prediction: Ramsey's gonna be their starter before the end of the season.
            agree.
            The Bills
            I believe in the Bledsoe

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

And that's based on what?

Brunell getting hurt?

Comment

• Fryin' The Fish
                Fry Them Fishes!!
                • Mar 2004

im just thinking that the skins will see that brunell is too old and past his time to play. they SHOULD let Ramsey play because he is young and hasnt had that much of a chance to grow as a player. he will need to onfield experience to become better. plus i think it will be a lot easier for him with brunell backing him up and teaching him.
                The Bills
                I believe in the Bledsoe

Comment

• kal123
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

I really wanted to get Ramsey in here but I agree that it's not going to happen. Hopefully Brunell does so well that Ramsey is on the block next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X