PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to like Mularky

Novacane
03-16-2004, 08:36 PM
When the coaching search was going on I was really against hiring Mularky. I've changed my mind. I'm glad he was the choice. I know he's gotta prove it on the field but I've gotta feeling this guy gets it.

Something Troy Vincent said about him

. He wasn't trying to paint a picture of what he can do. He wasn't making any promises.

Who does that sound just the opposite of? Now if he can be just the opposite of GW on gameday we could finally have a good coach.

The Spaz
03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
I think Mularkey will be fine himself and if he has any problems he has a damn good coaching staff around him to give him suggestions and advice.

Fryin' The Fish
03-16-2004, 10:50 PM
im just glad its something new. GW was obviously not working out. The offseasons moves seem to be going pretty well for us so far, but it all depends of the draft. hopefully a good QB falls to 13.

deathadder
03-16-2004, 11:01 PM
We need to execute better. :banme:

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 07:56 AM
i agree FTG... i was not real big on his signing either.. but he has made all the right moves imho.. so far..

he has surrounded himself with an incredible staff.. i really couldnt be happier about the people he has hired to run things.. i have no complaints about anyone (ok.. one minor complaint, i am not real big on the rb coach.. and i liked steckle)..

but his attitude and demeanor.. i just like him.. and it seems that he isnt locking himself into anything.. he doesnt seem like a guy that cant adapt.. which was the reason GW failed.. he couldnt change on the fly...

the only question i have at this point.. is game day decisions.. that is one of the biggest aspects though.. belachick makes perfect game day decisions.. gw lost us games because of his or what he let killdrive do..

hopefully MM will be better when it comes to that.. i guess he cant be worse.

lordofgun
03-17-2004, 08:27 AM
From what I've seen so far, which is very little, I concur. But I'm going to wait and see how he is with gametime decisions. I think that's the most important aspect of a head coach's job, and until I see him in action, I'll reserve judgment.

He could be the nicest guy in the world, have all the right answers and charisma, and suck on gameday.

Doc
03-17-2004, 08:37 AM
The addition of Sam Wyche was huge for more reasons than one. He'll be able to help Mularkey with gametime decisions and adjustments, and he's not going to be a HC again so it's not like Mularkey has to worry about him stealing his job. His work with the QB's will also be important.

helmetguy
03-17-2004, 08:42 AM
I agree that MM is off to a far better start (at least with the media) than GW was. If he approaches gameplanning the same way Belichek does, we should be in excellent shape on game day. Belichek prepares for the upcoming opponent, rather than rely on a one size fits all theory (a la GW a Gilbride). That's the difference between a coach and an administrator.

Voltron
03-17-2004, 09:32 AM
I like the fact that he seems to be a humble man for an X-nfl player. He obviously knows what areas he needs help in and has taken steps to surround himself with people he feels can help him in the areas that are not his strongest.

GW had a huge chip on his shoulder I wanted to try and shoot off with a really stiff cross wind so that if I missed it would hit his head :D

Michael82
03-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
GW had a huge chip on his shoulder I wanted to try and shoot off with a really stiff cross wind so that if I missed it would hit his head :D

We all wanted to do that! Especially Billsology and helmetguy! They loved him soo much! :snicker:

helmetguy
03-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
We all wanted to do that! Especially Billsology and helmetguy! They loved him soo much! :snicker:

So much so that Billsology is deaf in one ear, huh?