X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

So, we pretty much know...

So, assuming we sign Volek to be the back up....

Am I wrong in assuming that we will go either WR or DE?

From those positions the only guys worth #13 are Roy Williams, Udeze, Will Smith and Reggie Williams (he may be a reach but not too big of one).

If Volek is here i doubt we draft a QB round one and without trading down those are the only positions that we have a need at and there are players worth #13.

With that being said, I think we will go WR since TD seems plenty pleased to go into 2004 with Kelsay and Denney at LDE. Then again that could just be his poker face.

I'd expect Roy Williams to be a Buffalo Bill.
    Last edited by Romes; 03-16-2004, 10:07 PM.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • PeteG
    • Dec 2003

I think TD trades down and selects a TE- either Troupe or Watson then comes back in the second round and selects Michael Clayton. Thats my prediction. 3/16/2004-write it down
    Lets go Buffalo!

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

My prediction at the moment is Reggie Williams. My list of possibilities if Buffalo holds on to the thirteenth pick are: Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, Kenechi Udeze, Will Smith, and Tommie Harris. Not everyone from that list will be available, but some will.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

I agree that TE is another need that we have but I didn't mention it because I don't see any that will be there @13 and are worth that pick.

Second, one thing we have come to realize one thing about TD's draft. Going into the draft he has a player in mind and he will go to the spot he thinks he is worth to take him. For example 2002 he wanted Nate Clements...he new he would be there if they traded down and they still got him. With Denny they traded up cause the thought Pittsburgh would grab him. Same thing in 2003 they had thought about it and were expecting to grab McGahee if he fell that far.

The only question know to determine if we traded down or not is who is TD eyeing. If he is looking at the TEs then we do trade down.

TigerJ - I forgot about Harris he could be another likely option. I still expect Roy Williams to be a Bill though.
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Will McGahee Fast
          • May 2003

My prediction is..

Round 1: Phillip Rivers
          Round 2: Devery Henderson

Reason beaing...

ESPN Insider has been reporting that Big Ben's stock is starting to slip and that Rivers has moved ahead of Big Ben on a few draft boards. Rivers is going to be the best QB left in the draft if he is still on the board. Chances are, we wont have another high draft pick in the future. So Donahoe, being the great planner that he is, drafts Rivers round 1 and Henderson round 2
          "They say he fast, Will McGahee fast."

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

i would try to predict, but you never know with donahoe. all i can do is HOPE we get a reciever in either of the first two round. either that or a big name that falls to 13
            the dude abides

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

Reggie Williams is not a reach at 13.

My prediction is that it won't be Rivers.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Will McGahee Fast
                My prediction is..

Chances are, we wont have another high draft pick in the future.
                wow.. talk about overly optimistic.. so we are going to win for ever from here on out?

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                Reggie Williams is not a reach at 13.
                i agree.. and after him running a 4.48 at his pro day workout.. he answered those speed questions.. he is definately not a reach.

good post tiger..

i have to say.. i disagree though.

i am not basing it on anything other than a gut feeling.

i THINK that td and company are happy with what they have a DE... Gray has been praising kelsay, and TD praised Kelsay and Denny's run stuffing ability.

i THINK that MM likes reed alot.. and shaw played great last year too.. we are not going to be a passing team, so why use a high pick on a WR when that is going to accomplish the absolute opposite of what we want?? we do not want drew to throw the damn ball.. therefore, drafting a receiver seems unessesary.. i can see going after one as a KR.. because that is the only spot on the team that is open.. moulds, reed, shaw, aikens all have jobs locked up.

coleman has done nothing, but doesnt mean he will be cut.. and brown is the KR.. a rookie would have to take the spot of one of them.. why invest a high pick on a wr to have him return kicks?

i just dont see wr or de at this point..

i can really see DT - because sam signed a 2 year deal.. and pat williams is coming up on the end of his contract too.. and both are getting up there in age.. we need a young dominant DT..

i can really see OL - ralph wilson stated the oline would be fixed... it is also a safe pick..

MY GUESS is we will be picking OL in conjunction with a trade down. i think that there are plenty of WRs in this draft.. it is so deep at wr.. we can grab a guy on the second day that will fill that returner, speed void.. if it is really something we need.

i think td trades down.. picks up an extra second.. we end up with something like

grove/lavalais
                carey/dockett
                starks/stepanovich

something like that.. i just cant buy into the wr/de theory that seems to be the majorities thinking..

also.. we are probably all off.. td probably has no idea who he is gonna draft.. he will wait and see who the biggest stud is left on teh board and take him, regardless of need.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think the Bills are serious about Volek, and I think they will probably get him, hence Rivers is not on my list of possibilities. I think the odds are that Roy Williams will be off the board by the time Buffalo picks. It's not a guarantee, which is why he's on my list of possibilities.

Reggie Williams has dropped on some mocks, but that is more a function of Mike Williams' entry into the draft rather than any questions about Reggie Williams. He would be a solid pick, and almost a guarantee to be available. I'm leaning toward WR over DE because of things TD has said about liking his DEs. Of course, that can be one of the famous TD smoke screens.

I didn't include a TE on my list of possibillities because I think Winslow is going to be gone and Troupe is a reach.

Tommie Harris is on my list because Wilfork's recent rise up the boards with a strong workout and the fact that he's more in the classic DT mold versus Harris who is a bit of a tweener. I think Wilfork may be drafted before Buffalo picks and before Harris, causing Harris to be available. It could be an advantage for Buffalo that Harris is a tweener, because he could log time at LDE before inheriting Pat Williams' spot on the interior.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

harris had an incredible workout too.. he ran a 4.78.. and was lightning in his shuttle/agility workouts..

i just cant see any way he gets past atlanta.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                      Exhausted of Losing
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      harris had an incredible workout too.. he ran a 4.78.. and was lightning in his shuttle/agility workouts..
                      i just cant see any way he gets past atlanta.
                      I disagree. Atlanta signed DT Rod Coleman and seem to want to find another target for Vick.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
                        I disagree. Atlanta signed DT Rod Coleman and seem to want to find another target for Vick.
                        they just signed dez white..

and rod coleman is a nobody fillgap... they need de's and dt's.. thus making harris the perfect pick..

unless something crazy like sean taylor falling to 8 happens.. they pick harris.

Comment

• Voltron
                          • Jul 2002

If we get Volek it will not be a small contract. I just don't see us Drafting a QB at #13 when we pay Volek a decent salary, Have Dreadsoe for 6 mil a year, and have serious needs at WR, DE, and OL. I just don't see it.
                          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

• Voltron
                            • Jul 2002

As far as TE goes I personally think that Campbell was one of the best suprises we could of had last year and we signed him to a 4 or 5 year contract I think. We can pick up June first fodder for backup role and be fine. Why draft one in the first round?
                            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              wow.. talk about overly optimistic.. so we are going to win for ever from here on out?

i agree.. and after him running a 4.48 at his pro day workout.. he answered those speed questions.. he is definately not a reach.

good post tiger..

i have to say.. i disagree though.

i am not basing it on anything other than a gut feeling.

i THINK that td and company are happy with what they have a DE... Gray has been praising kelsay, and TD praised Kelsay and Denny's run stuffing ability.

i THINK that MM likes reed alot.. and shaw played great last year too.. we are not going to be a passing team, so why use a high pick on a WR when that is going to accomplish the absolute opposite of what we want?? we do not want drew to throw the damn ball.. therefore, drafting a receiver seems unessesary.. i can see going after one as a KR.. because that is the only spot on the team that is open.. moulds, reed, shaw, aikens all have jobs locked up.

coleman has done nothing, but doesnt mean he will be cut.. and brown is the KR.. a rookie would have to take the spot of one of them.. why invest a high pick on a wr to have him return kicks?

i just dont see wr or de at this point..

i can really see DT - because sam signed a 2 year deal.. and pat williams is coming up on the end of his contract too.. and both are getting up there in age.. we need a young dominant DT..

i can really see OL - ralph wilson stated the oline would be fixed... it is also a safe pick..

MY GUESS is we will be picking OL in conjunction with a trade down. i think that there are plenty of WRs in this draft.. it is so deep at wr.. we can grab a guy on the second day that will fill that returner, speed void.. if it is really something we need.

i think td trades down.. picks up an extra second.. we end up with something like

grove/lavalais
                              carey/dockett
                              starks/stepanovich

something like that.. i just cant buy into the wr/de theory that seems to be the majorities thinking..

also.. we are probably all off.. td probably has no idea who he is gonna draft.. he will wait and see who the biggest stud is left on teh board and take him, regardless of need.
                              Good post...good logic. While, I agree with you concerning DEs I still would think that TD/MM see WR as a point of weekness, especially, if Moulds goes down. Just because we are planning on being a power running team doesn't mean we couldn't use someone capable of going over the top. Realistically, right now Moulds is the only deep threat we have. I could see a Reggie/Roy beating out Read/Shaw in camp and thus being woth the pick at #13. I bet Bills go into camp with Reggie/Roy, Shaw and Reed all fighting for the 2,3,4 WR slots.

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              I think the Bills are serious about Volek, and I think they will probably get him, hence Rivers is not on my list of possibilities. I think the odds are that Roy Williams will be off the board by the time Buffalo picks. It's not a guarantee, which is why he's on my list of possibilities.

Reggie Williams has dropped on some mocks, but that is more a function of Mike Williams' entry into the draft rather than any questions about Reggie Williams. He would be a solid pick, and almost a guarantee to be available. I'm leaning toward WR over DE because of things TD has said about liking his DEs. Of course, that can be one of the famous TD smoke screens.

I didn't include a TE on my list of possibillities because I think Winslow is going to be gone and Troupe is a reach.

Tommie Harris is on my list because Wilfork's recent rise up the boards with a strong workout and the fact that he's more in the classic DT mold versus Harris who is a bit of a tweener. I think Wilfork may be drafted before Buffalo picks and before Harris, causing Harris to be available. It could be an advantage for Buffalo that Harris is a tweener, because he could log time at LDE before inheriting Pat Williams' spot on the interior.
                              I agree 100%
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X