PDA

View Full Version : NO savior: Vincent just wants to 'fit in' with BILLS

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-16-2004, 11:16 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Troy Vincent knows he won't be counted on to be the savior of a Buffalo team that underachieved last year -- and that's fine with him.

"I'm just going to fit in," Vincent said during a telephone conference Tuesday after he signed a six-year contract with the Bills.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1761082

:type: :couch: :cheers:

Fryin' The Fish
03-16-2004, 11:17 PM
that sounds about right. i dont think anyone was expecting him to be the savior for the team. the defense is good enough, all we need is some offense.

The Spaz
03-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Did you listen to the interview on BB.com you would get the full meaning of what he meant. He said with all the great players we have on defense he didn't feel he would have to be "the guy" to turn the team around. Go listen to it.:up:

mypoorfriendme
03-16-2004, 11:37 PM
what scares me is when he said "There were some injuries and the chemistry just wasn't there. They didn't perform to the caliber of play that they are capable of. Our chances now are just as good as any team in the NFL."

well....chemistry within the team will remain the same. and id like to think were better than most teams in the nfl :/

Fryin' The Fish
03-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
what scares me is when he said "There were some injuries and the chemistry just wasn't there. They didn't perform to the caliber of play that they are capable of. Our chances now are just as good as any team in the NFL."

well....chemistry within the team will remain the same. and id like to think were better than most teams in the nfl :/

yeah. i hope we are better than most teams in the NFL. Atleast our D.

Romes
03-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

Chemistry is not exactly the same. A new coaching staff brings new chemistry. Coaches can be responisble for how players interact with each other. If you don't believe me go watch Miracle.

B-DON
03-17-2004, 02:50 AM
i see him as a savior for more picks

Michael82
03-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Not just that...Winfield, as much as I like him...he talked too much, instead of being a leader. Vincent is a leader. With Vincent, Spikes and Milloy, you got great leadership for the defense. :up:

Plus, the defense needed time to develop chemistry last year. Spikes, Milloy, and Adams were new. They needed time to gel and now, a year later should definitely help them with that.