PDA

View Full Version : Volek says not enough $$$$

Hermanator21
03-16-2004, 11:57 PM
According to John Clayton Billy Volek says that the offer from the falcons was more than ours....(quick bites on ESPN.com). :bling:

gonzo1105
03-17-2004, 12:14 AM
Just because he was offered more from Atlanta doesn't mean he wouldn't take less. If he was true to his word about wanting to start as fast as possible i'm pretty sure he would choose here over Atlanta

IHateTheDullphins
03-17-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Hermanator21
According to John Clayton Billy Volek says that the offer from the falcons was more than ours....(quick bites on ESPN.com). :bling:

this means nothing. just wait.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

I agree just means longer negotiations...

mypoorfriendme
03-17-2004, 12:35 AM
if volek is what TD really wants....then by god volek is what TD is gonna get!

Throne Logic
03-17-2004, 12:47 AM
Volek will definitely show his true colors if, in fact, this decision is down to just Atlanta and Buffalo.

In Atlanta, he's got zippo shot of ever starting. He gets the all-time most coveted cushie job: Well payed clipboard holder.

If he picks Buffalo, he shows that he truly wants to compete for a starting job.

I won't loose mch sleep if Atlanta winds up his choice.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-17-2004, 12:55 AM

What??
What??
What??
What??

IHateTheDullphins
03-17-2004, 12:56 AM
wow. that's new. :snicker:

BADTHINGSMAN
03-17-2004, 01:06 AM
wow. that's new. :snicker:

What??

IHateTheDullphins
03-17-2004, 01:10 AM
:evil:

shelby
03-17-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Volek will definitely show his true colors if, in fact, this decision is down to just Atlanta and Buffalo.

In Atlanta, he's got zippo shot of ever starting. He gets the all-time most coveted cushie job: Well payed clipboard holder.

If he picks Buffalo, he shows that he truly wants to compete for a starting job.

Excellent post. i agree 100%.

Dozerdog
03-17-2004, 05:01 AM
Buffalo can offer incentives based on Games started that will boost him over Atlanta without breaking the Bills bank if he rides the pine.

Dozerdog
03-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Hermanator21
Volek says not enough $$$$
According to John Clayton Billy Volek says that the offer from the falcons was more than ours....(quick bites on ESPN.com).
:bling:

So th3e title of this thread is very misleading....Clayton reported it was a smaller offer- - Volek didn't say "It's not enough" :shakeno:

March 16, 2004
Titans backup QB mulls options
The Bills made an offer on Titans backup quarterback Billy Volek, but it wasn't as good as offers made by the Titans and the Falcons. After returning from Buffalo, Volek has to make a decision. Does he stay with the Titans as the backup or move to Atlanta. Another option is to make a trip to Denver to see their interest for a backup job. Volek should make a decision in the next couple of days.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

BigZ
03-17-2004, 06:31 AM
I'm like a few others on the board - a little afraid that Volek might turn out like RJ.

I'd prefer to draft a QB and let the new offensive coaches take a shot at developing him.

Forward_Lateral
03-17-2004, 06:43 AM
Forget all the RJ comparisons for a minute, everyone needs to remember that Volek will be 28 years old in april. He's no spring chicken, I don't think he's anything but a backup for now, I don't think the Bills are invisioning him as a future QB, they will still need to take a QB in the draft.

BigZ
03-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Hope you're right. He'd make a good backup.

Too many comments here though about not needing to draft a QB if we get him.

Earthquake Enyart
03-17-2004, 06:56 AM
If we get Volek, it will be at TD's price, not Voleks.

I have no problem with that. It worked with Vincent.

MGinestre
03-17-2004, 07:00 AM
Draft a young QB and bring him up through the system. Volek reaks of RJ.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

he may chose to go to atlanta because he knows that vick will be hurt for a ton of games in the future, and it will give him more of a chance to prove he is a good qb.

justasportsfan
03-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Actually WNSA said yesterday that the Falcons were offering him around 3 Million? The Titans also offered him more $$$.

Devin
03-17-2004, 07:43 AM
they can have him.

TigerJ
03-17-2004, 08:28 AM
Is that 3 million per year? If so that is a bit pricey, although that would still be less than Butler's decision to pay both RJ and Doug Flutie starter's salaries. I disagree with the notion that he would be signed strictly as a backup, with no shot at starting. I think the Bills regard him as at least having starting potential, unlike AVP.

Novacane
03-17-2004, 09:17 AM
If thats 3 mill per than foget it. Not unless he is going to replace Bledsoe. Thats to much to ride the pine.

Mr. Cynical
03-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
If thats 3 mill per than foget it. Not unless he is going to replace Bledsoe. Thats to much to ride the pine.

Agreed.

The Natrix
03-17-2004, 07:04 PM
This is a good sign. It means Volek wants to come to Buffalo. TD just needs to pay him what he wants. The when Bledsoe is cut, we can all look forward to a playoff season.

don137
03-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Delhomme got a 2yr 4 million dollar contract with the Panthers last year plus incentives. That seems like a reasonable contract for Volek. Any more you are putting too much $$$ in the QB position as long as Bledsoe is here...

The Natrix
03-17-2004, 07:21 PM
I think Volek has shown more and has gotten more props that Delhomme did before the season started. Wasn't Rodney Pete starting in week one? Or was that the season before?

Billsouth
03-17-2004, 07:23 PM
why would we spend anything more than what we already paid van pelt for volek. he is and always will be a back up. this is worse than rj b/c at least rj looked like a start during his one start. volek looked like frank reich. lets go after a college guy and mentor him appropriately so that he develops into a star.

Halbert
03-17-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure which game(s) you were referring to but against the Bills he looked very sharp. It took a busted spleen to slow him down.