X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigZ
    • Sep 2003

AVP named Color Analyst

Just finished posting on another thread that I thought this might happen. Nice to be right for a change!
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Good.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Nice find, zielinski, thanks. i posted in on the Zone's front page.

i'm happy for AVP, but i'm surprised he's not pursuing a QB coaching position...he'd be good at it.

Best of luck Pill!

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
        Nice find, zielinski, thanks. i posted in on the Zone's front page.

i'm happy for AVP, but i'm surprised he's not pursuing a QB coaching position...he'd be good at it.

Best of luck Pill!

It isnt good for a player to go immediately from playing to coaching. First off, his teamates would not see him as a coach, but rather a player, so he wouldnt be that effective.

It is usually 3-5 years before a player can make that transition

Comment

• mightyspaz
          Short, Furry and Cold
          • Mar 2004

Van Pelt Returns

Van Pelt Named Color Analyst for Bills Radio Network

buffalobills.com
          March 17, 2004

Orchard Park, NY - The Bills today announced that former quarterback Alex Van Pelt has been selected as the color analyst for the Bills Radio Network.

Van Pelt will be paired with John Murphy, the network's color analyst for 16 seasons who was named the team's play-by-play announcer last month. Murphy succeeds broadcasting legend Van Miller, who held the position for 37 years before retiring at the end of last season.

The 33-year-old Van Pelt initially signed with Buffalo on 12/14/94 and was with the team through the end of the 2003 season. The only Bills quarterbacks with longer tenures than Van Pelt are Joe Ferguson (1973-84) and Jim Kelly (1986-96).

On Buffalo's all-time passing lists, Van Pelt ranks ninth in career attempts (477), completions (262), yards (2,985) and passing touchdowns (16) and his career completion percentage of 54.9% ranks sixth in club history.

Radio listeners will be able to hear Murphy and Van Pelt call the Bills games on three different stations in Buffalo - 97 Rock (96.9 FM), 103.3 The Edge (103.3 FM) and WHTT/Oldies 104.1 FM - and in Rochester on WCMF (96.5 FM). They can also be heard throughout the region on the Bills radio network.
          ThE MiGhTy SpAz
          - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

I am happy for him

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

I'm very glad to hear this. He's a good guy and a long-time Buffalo Bill.

It also proves that AVP pretty much knew he was done as a player. No one gets through the job interview process that quickly, especially for something like this. "Failed his physical". HA. Nice work by TD, though.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

i think he'll be great alongside Murphy, he's right out of the NFL broadcasting for a team he just played with a couple months ago. he seems very knowledgeable on football too.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

I like.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• kal123
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Good for him. Glad he's still w/ Buffalo in some way.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

i merged these threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X