PDA

View Full Version : So who is the #1 CB?

Pride
03-17-2004, 06:53 AM
5 ProBowls vs. Youngster

:nospam:

eyedog
03-17-2004, 07:02 AM
I don't think it really matters as I don't see them adjusting their defense to line up one corner over another on specific receivers.

Pride
03-17-2004, 07:10 AM
Generally speaking, the oppositions #1 receiver has a side he prefers. For instance, Randy Moss prefers the left side of the offense. In that case, wouldnt they line up the best CB on the right side of the defense to match up?

Not saying they will change sides during the game, but if a WR is on one side of the field 65% of the time, wouldnt it make sense to line up the best CB on that side?

BAM
03-17-2004, 07:17 AM
i'd say Vincent is #1 CB. Nate is # 1a :D

Hermanator21
03-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Nate #1, but I think Nate will be on the left and Troy will be on the right.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 07:33 AM
i think they are interchangable.

Pride
03-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i think they are interchangable.

Just out of sheer curiosity. Would you have said the same thing if we still had winfield?

TigerJ
03-17-2004, 08:03 AM
f anything, I'd say Clements. Troy has been a good one, and has some decent time left, but he's definitely on the downside of his career. That said, if Buffalo is facing a tall receiver, I can see them trying to match up with the 6'1" Vincent rather than the 5'11" Clements.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Pride
Just out of sheer curiosity. Would you have said the same thing if we still had winfield?

no.. i would have said clements.. clements is a better cornerback... he can jump with taller receivers.. he can run with them..and he can actually make a play on the ball more than once a year.

Originally posted by TigerJ
f anything

wow.. calm down, killer.

:D

the dude
03-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

no.. i would have said clements.. clements is a better cornerback... he can jump with taller receivers.. he can run with them..and he can actually make a play on the ball more than once a year.

wow.. calm down, killer.

:D

I think Vincent's just flat out a better corner now - even having lost a step. Clements still has the P word going for him. But his potential better start showing up this year. I still say he regressed badly last year - he obviously has all the physical tools, he just got duped by too many stop and go moves. Having someone on the opposite side who has a ton of experience and can teach Nate the subtleties of the position should do wonders for his game. But to all those folks thinkin' Nate was better than Antoine last year, gimme what your drinkin'!:rolleyes: :boozer:

Pride
03-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by the dude
But to all those folks thinkin' Nate was better than Antoine last year, gimme what your drinkin'!:rolleyes: :boozer:

*passes the dude a bottle* Relax, it is only water.

They were both very overrated, but EVERY QB knew that if you threw it AW's way, it was a guaranteed reception. Maybe not any YAC's but, definately a reception. They didnt fear him.

Halbert
03-17-2004, 02:58 PM
If it was the last two minutes of the game and you needed a defensive stop against Randy Moss and company, which CB would you put on him if you had the choice?

I'd say Vincent myself.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
If it was the last two minutes of the game and you needed a defensive stop against Randy Moss and company, which CB would you put on him if you had the choice?

I'd say Vincent myself.

agreed.... can i change my answer?

Halbert
03-17-2004, 03:36 PM
It's always a football fan's perogative to change their mind.

Or is that women?

mikedd74
03-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Vincent he is a pro bowler still

Kolbiss
03-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

I'd say Vincent myself.

FOr our sake, I would hope we have more than one guy on moss. You can't single cover him no matter who it is

Fryin' The Fish
03-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by danny4804

FOr our sake, I would hope we have more than one guy on moss. You can't single cover him no matter who it is

i absolutly agree with that.

i think that they are interchangable also. vincent is a 5 time pro-bowler, but he is also older and has lost a step or two. clements is a young CB and he can make the plays when hes needed. either one.

TigerJ
03-17-2004, 06:31 PM
It was a typo, Tatonka, honest. I intended to start with a capital "I."