PDA

View Full Version : 2 visitors tomorrow

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 01:42 PM
WNSA has reported Roland Williams and RFA Alex Bannister will be visiting One Bills Drive tomorrow. I knew we we're interested in Roland Williams but the Bannister visit is interesting he's 6-5 and is supposed to have some speed. worth a look.:up::beer:

http://www.fanmonster.com/rams/season/2003/2003_09_22_Seahawks/6944684.jpghttp://www.progress.eku.edu/pics/Bannister.jpg
<b>Alex Bannister</b>

shelby
03-17-2004, 01:44 PM
What positions do they play?
Nice find...did ya post it on the front page?:whip:

:D

justasportsfan
03-17-2004, 01:46 PM
How does a wife heat up the dinner of her hubby when he comes home late from a meeting at work?

She slides down the Bannister.

:sadwalk:

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by shelby
What positions do they play?
Nice find...did ya post it on the front page?:whip:

:D

There is no link it was reported on the radio by WNSA. Roland Williams plays TE and Alex Bannister is a WR. :up::beer:

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 01:47 PM
bannister made it to the probowl last season as a return man/special teamer for seattle.. he is a tall, high jumping, deep threat type guy.. i like him alot.. young too.

no interest in roland williams.. he is a 3rd string TE.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
How does a wife heat up the dinner of her hubby when he comes home late from a meeting at work?

She slides down the Bannister.

:sadwalk:

:lolcry:

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
bannister made it to the probowl last season as a return man/special teamer for seattle.. he is a tall, high jumping, deep threat type guy.. i like him alot.. young too.

no interest in roland williams.. he is a 3rd string TE.

Yeah I'm not that high on Williams either. Check out some draft info. on Bannister.

http://www.prosportsplayertv.com/football/Seattle/html/Alex%20Bannister.htm

Romes
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Bannister would require a fifth round pick as compensation.

WR Alex Bannister, Seattle (compensation: fifth): Only seven receptions in three years, but might develop into No. 3 wide receiver and, at his size (6-feet-5, 207), might be a prime "red zone" target. Averaged over 20 yards per catch in '03, so some signs that he has playmaking skills. What makes him even more attractive, though, is his brilliance on special teams, and he was named to Pro Bowl in that capacity.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1760036

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Romes
Bannister would require a fifth round pick as compensation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&amp;id=1760036

I could deal with giving away a 5th:up: I also said he was a RFA.

juice
03-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Pro Bowl on ST with that kind of size... He could be a destraction opposite of Moulds.. what kind of speed does he have?

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by juice
Pro Bowl on ST with that kind of size... He could be a destraction opposite of Moulds.. what kind of speed does he have?

4.45:up:

Romes
03-17-2004, 02:08 PM

He ran a 4.35

http://apssdraft.tripod.com/allproscouting/id44.html

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 02:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/melkiper/sleeper/s/2000/0920/761239.html

Romes
03-17-2004, 02:13 PM
http://ww3.sportsline.com/u/football/nfl/2001/draft/profiles/alexbannister.htm

This link says he ran a 4.45. The link Spaz had said he ran a 4.22. Either way he is fast.

Bmax
03-17-2004, 02:15 PM
why give up a fifth for this guy he hasn't done anything yet.. Go with our own pick in rd 5 or 4 and we will make out bette at wr.

As for Roland williams so he is a 3rd te ? What does that make neufeld a practice squad te i guess......

Williams won a super bowl with the rams and played well for the raiders in 2002 before he was injured. You can't question williams talent he has proven that unlike other te's on our roster. Williams is a much better blocker and would provide veteran leadership and toughness ... The only question about williams is his health.

We could sign williams to a veteran contract if he passes his physical and still draft a te in rd 2 or 3 to develope for the future.

Neufeld then can be released and go back to the scrap heap .

Bmax

juice
03-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
4.45:up:

Originally posted by Romes
He ran a 4.35

http://apssdraft.tripod.com/allproscouting/id44.html

If he could repeat either performance, you may have to consider him another option to Shaw.

There is a big difference in a 6'4/6'5 guy running a 4.45 and a 4.35 I wonder which is accurate?

There aren't many guys running 4.35 with his type size.. so I'd have to say the 4.45 sounds a little more realistic.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 02:17 PM
he played a good bit in seattles pass happy offense last year.. he was the 4th wr behind a good starting 3 of jackson, robinson, and engram.

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 02:18 PM

If he could repeat either performance, you may have to consider him another option to Shaw.

There is a big difference in a 6'4/6'5 guy running a 4.45 and a 4.35 I wonder which is accurate?

There aren't many guys running 4.35 with his type size.. so I'd have to say the 4.45 sounds a little more realistic.

In the Kiper link it says he ran a 4.22 so who knows.

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
why give up a fifth for this guy he hasn't done anything yet.. Go with our own pick in rd 5 or 4 and we will make out bette at wr.

As for Roland williams so he is a 3rd te ? What does that make neufeld a practice squad te i guess......

Williams won a super bowl with the rams and played well for the raiders in 2002 before he was injured. You can't question williams talent he has proven that unlike other te's on our roster. Williams is a much better blocker and would provide veteran leadership and toughness ... The only question about williams is his health.

We could sign williams to a veteran contract if he passes his physical and still draft a te in rd 2 or 3 to develope for the future.

Bmax

He was a Pro Bowler for special team sso I would say he has done something. He's still young too he can get better. A 5th round pick is nothing to give up for an already established player. I'm for it.

juice
03-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
In the Kiper link it says he ran a 4.22 so who knows.

That is extremely fast, I wonder if his agent was timing him? Either way he's worth the look.. But running a 4.22 with his size you would think he would have been a top 10 pick unless he has hands of steel.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 02:26 PM

Bmax

he is a pro bowl special teamer.. that is why you burn a 5th round pick on him, and he has the size and speed to be a good wr.. he was just buried behind other good wrs in seattle.. why waste a pick on a 5th round wr that needs 3 years to be something when you can get a pro bowl st player who has just as much potential, and has already had his "welcome to the nfl" grace period.

he could be a very solid pick up.. and i would have no problem with him taking browns spot on the roster.

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-17-2004, 02:29 PM

he is a pro bowl special teamer.. that is why you burn a 5th round pick on him, and he has the size and speed to be a good wr.. he was just buried behind other good wrs in seattle.. why waste a pick on a 5th round wr that needs 3 years to be something when you can get a pro bowl st player who has just as much potential, and has already had his &quot;welcome to the nfl&quot; grace period.

he could be a very solid pick up.. and i would have no problem with him taking browns spot on the roster.
I agree and with his speed and size he could become a very good WR too.

ArcticWildMan
03-17-2004, 03:38 PM
I'll give up a draft pick for a veteren player of equal or greater talent, any day.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
I'll give up a draft pick for a veteren player of equal or greater talent, any day.

exactly.. and that is the case here.

ScottLawrence
03-17-2004, 03:55 PM
I read in an article that he has REALLY great Work ethic.

And is a standup guy.

Romes
03-17-2004, 03:58 PM
The only negative...just to be devil's advocate...is that he must be paid much more than a 5th round pick in order to be able to pry him away from Seattle.

The question is whether paying him that extra money would be worth it. I think so...at this point in FA we might as well try.

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-17-2004, 04:10 PM
I talked to a Seattle fan and he said they should've used him in the passing game and at least in red zone situations.

RedEyE
03-17-2004, 04:16 PM
he is a pro bowl special teamer.. that is why you burn a 5th round pick on him, and he has the size and speed to be a good wr.. he was just buried behind other good wrs in seattle.. why waste a pick on a 5th round wr that needs 3 years to be something when you can get a pro bowl st player who has just as much potential, and has already had his "welcome to the nfl" grace period.

Amen. Worth a definite look.

5th round picks are so difficult to decipher and rarely stand out above the rest. It becomes the luck of the draw at tha point.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 04:37 PM
this is from the seattle board...

"Alex Bannister doesn't suprise me in the least. I swear he has the best work ethic of anyone on the team. His hard work will eventually pay off for him and whatever team he's with. I just hope he can arrive while he's still with us....and start his breakout about a half season prior to the end of his contract, so we can sign him for a prayer! "

http://seahawks.net/phpBB/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16687&highlight=bannister

i am going to ask them about bannister and see what kind of response i get.

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 04:38 PM
"I have to agree with all of you. I think bannister will finally emerge this season. k rob can learn from bannisters work ethic. and i am goo goo over the fact that our trio stays together. "

another quote..

they really like the kid.

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 04:41 PM
&quot;I have to agree with all of you. I think bannister will finally emerge this season. k rob can learn from bannisters work ethic. and i am goo goo over the fact that our trio stays together. &quot;

another quote..

they really like the kid.

The trio won't stay together.:evil::snicker:

ShadowHawk7
03-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Romes did have a good question tho, how much money do ya think it'll take to pry him away? :scratch:

Tatonka
03-17-2004, 05:01 PM
i have no clue.

ShadowHawk7
03-17-2004, 05:11 PM
In that case, no thankx. I'd rather use the draft or our current members on the squad.
Dream WR lineup 2004
1. Moulds
2. Mike or Roy Williams (If we get a diff. posistion in round 1, put Reed here.)
3. Reed/Lee Evans
4. Shaw/Aiken

I was wondering tho, are we just gonna cast off Shaw and AIken? I thought Shaw did a great job considering Moulds was injured, Reed in his soph. slump, and the terrible O-line. Aiken showed good promise be4 the injury too... I think it would be a shame to see them in the scrap heap.

BBlades89
03-17-2004, 05:14 PM
1st of all. Lee Evans will be great (referring to ShadowHawk).

2nd referring to a post above, Seattle's trio will be around for awhile as Darrell Jackson just signed a 6 year deal, and Engram & Koren Robinson are still under contract for a few years.

3rd. I don't have a link but read that Bannister has world class speed and would probably be a sprinter if he wasn't in the NFL. He is a gunner who has been very reliable and definitely earned the Pro Bowl spot.

BBlades89
03-17-2004, 05:16 PM
As for Bannister's receiving ability, he needs to work on it. He has dropped a few and didn't have many catches last year. He also has a hard time with routes and getting seperation. I saw him play a lot on offense last year, but you couldn't tell he was in unless you were looking for him.

Voltron
03-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Bmax

Bmax,

Incase you didn't notice our ST captin (Sammy Morris) has gone to Miami. We lost a few other ST guys as well. I think that a 5th round pick for a guy who can make an immediate impact on ANY position is woth it, then on top of that factor in that he went to the probowl. Not to mention he is exactly what we need to keep the double teams off Moulds. This is a no brainer. The only question is how much will he cost? I am sure it will be less than what a 1st round WR would cost us.

Fryin' The Fish
03-17-2004, 05:30 PM
i say get him. its almost a no brainer. hes fast as hell, great at special teams, plus he might be able to fill a 4th or even 3rd WR spot. It depends on how the draft goes. The bills should really look into getting this guy.

ShadowHawk7
03-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

Bmax,

Incase you didn't notice our ST captin (Sammy Morris) has gone to Miami. We lost a few other ST guys as well. I think that a 5th round pick for a guy who can make an immediate impact on ANY position is woth it, then on top of that factor in that he went to the probowl. Not to mention he is exactly what we need to keep the double teams off Moulds. This is a no brainer. The only question is how much will he cost? I am sure it will be less than what a 1st round WR would cost us.

Agreed, lets get him and rid us of AB. Still wonderin how much he'd cost...

The Spaz
03-17-2004, 06:06 PM
2nd referring to a post above, Seattle's trio will be around for awhile as Darrell Jackson just signed a 6 year deal, and Engram & Koren Robinson are still under contract for a few years.

Which is why if Bannister wants more playing time he will leave Seattle.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Alex is a good st'er but by no means a threat at the wr postition.

DraftBoy
03-17-2004, 06:48 PM
I was talking to some of my buddies here at school who are from the Seattle area and they say this kid is Steve Smith like with size and worse hands but any WR coach can improve that. Also on the money factor is obvious Seattle doest have much stock in him if they tender him only at a 5th round pick level, we offer as much as a 3rd or 2nd round tender id say we could get him...Remeber they have Maurice Morris as a good ST'er too so they really dont need Bannister that much, Id love to see him in B-Lo.

don137
03-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Bmax, special teams is not something to overlook. To have a pro-bowl type return guy on your team could be the difference in tight games. We have been so inept with our return game the last few years. A player like Bannister could be the difference between 9-7 and out of the playoffs and 10-6 and in the playoffs.

Voltron
03-17-2004, 07:35 PM
I thought he played Gunner?

B-DON
03-18-2004, 03:05 AM
i say get him

Tatonka
03-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by don137
Bmax, special teams is not something to overlook. To have a pro-bowl type return guy on your team could be the difference in tight games. We have been so inept with our return game the last few years. A player like Bannister could be the difference between 9-7 and out of the playoffs and 10-6 and in the playoffs.

he is a gunner.. not a return guy.

but coy wire and him at gunner would be nice.

BBlades89
03-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Here's what .net's Waterboy had to say:

Bannister is a top flight Bullet on kick and punt coverage. Since field position is perhaps the most important factor in football, he is a find on special teams.

As far as receiver, he has the tools, but needs a real opportunity. I think he would be a nice #3 for a team if they are serious about him. To this point in Seattle he has been inconsistent in training camp and preseason. And had few opportunities to make plays in games.

He had one start in a game, and Hasselbeck simply never looked his way. And that was against Arizona. But he has shown he can make the tough catches on the slants and hitches. Dispite having a very good 40--4.4, he doesn't separate on the deep ball. A lot of that may be his release, though. He definately shows good speed on special teams and run after the catch on a nice 40 yard slant he made in preseason, and another play he made aganst the Chargers a couple years ago.

In the right situation, he may take off and accel as a tough possession receiver. And when he breaks lose, he has shown the burst to turn a short one into a long run. Change of scenery may be the best thing for him. I have a feeling Kacyvenski was resigned by Seattle at linebacker to prepare for Bannister not coming back for special teams purposes. There has been no mention that I've seen that Alex is a priority for Seattle, so you may get him cheap. I wouldn't consider him a #2, but it isn't out of the question that he could work his way into that kind of player if given the right opportunity.

Btw, he has also blocked punts for Seattle as well.

The Waterboy

By the way. Thanks for stopping by Tatonka. :8

Tatonka
03-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by BBlades89
Here's what .net's Waterboy had to say:

By the way. Thanks for stopping by Tatonka. :8

hey bud.. thank you for coming over and giving us some more info. we really appreciate it.

mightyspaz
03-18-2004, 07:29 PM
The Red Zone (http://www.theredzone.org/2004/freeagents/fa_visits.asp)
The Red Zone updated that Alex Bannister and Roland Williams both visited buffalo today!
I can't find Anything else Reported on it though.
:fabulous:

The Spaz
03-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by mightyspaz
The Red Zone (http://www.theredzone.org/2004/freeagents/fa_visits.asp)
The Red Zone updated that Alex Bannister and Roland Williams both visited buffalo today!
I can't find Anything else Reported on it though.
:fabulous:

I had a thread on this yesterday called "2 visitors".:up::beer:

B-DON
03-18-2004, 08:56 PM
any word on them yet? contract offers?

Demon
03-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Can anyone explain to me how Ronald Williams would help our team? I like the guy, but only because he is from Rochester and does alot for the community. He doesn't have any skills that would really help us though.

The Spaz
03-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Demon
Can anyone explain to me how Ronald Williams would help our team? I like the guy, but only because he is from Rochester and does alot for the community. He doesn't have any skills that would really help us though.

I doubt we sign Williams. I would rather have Bruener.

B-DON
03-18-2004, 11:08 PM
me too

STAMPY
03-19-2004, 12:40 AM
i wish we got mccareins damn jets!!!

B-DON
03-19-2004, 01:16 AM
he still might not be worth a second round pick. what year is that pick in?

lunatic_bills_fan
03-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
he still might not be worth a second round pick. what year is that pick in?

This year.

Gunzlingr
03-19-2004, 07:00 AM
merged.