What bout our current WR's? And Some Irony...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

What bout our current WR's? And Some Irony...

What do you guyz think bout Reed, Shaw, Aiken, and Coleman? Are you ready to cast them off? I think Reed shud have a great year as #2. Shaw is way underated i think, and was a very good 3rd reciever last year. Aiken showed sum promise be4 the injury. I still like "Mini Moulds" but he may never be more than a #4. I'm totally not against drafting a WR, but unless Mike, or Roy is there in the first, I'd wait till the 2nd, b4 grabbing Evans, Woods, or Henderson.

O ya! By the way, I noticed how long I've been a member 2day, and it was xactly 365 days! And it was like the first time I had ever seen that ticker on my profile thing in the treads! SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! Drinks all around on me! BILLS ZONE RULES!!!!!!!! I only wish I wuda started posting earlier, my posts per day is a paltry 0.65!
    :nospam:

O ya! Thankx a mill for the :100: :100: :100: Tatonka! I definitley think I'll keep that title now. NOW I CAN AFFORD TO CHANGE TITLES OF OTHERS! Finally, hehehe...
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • Fryin' The Fish
    Fry Them Fishes!!
    • Mar 2004

congrats. i cant wait until ive been here a year. as for the other stuff...i think we should definitly keep reed around because he will be going into his 3rd year and as someone (sorry i cant remember who) said in another post i read it took moulds and price 2 years to get good. i think aiken and coleman will never be good enough to start as 2nd reciever but tehy make pretty good 3rd, 4th or 5th WRs.
    The Bills
    I believe in the Bledsoe

Comment

• Hermanator21
      Bleed Red, White, and Blue
      • Mar 2004

To me, Josh seems like a #3(slot reciever), he will never be a typical #2 who can play the other side. We need another body...By the way happy Billszone B-Day ShadowHawk7

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I like Coleman . He's shown good hands and has been able to get open in the little time he spent on the field.

As for Aiken, I don't know if he wants to stay. I heard his cd's are selling.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          • Mar 2003

Thankx guys, how bout sum presents tho? ahem, cough ZB's cough ZB's.

'Cides, T jus gave me a huge amount.

I agree that Aiken and Coleman shan't be more than #3's but where does Shaw play in? Is he the odd man out after we get a WR in the draft, almost inevidably?
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
            • Mar 2003

Geez, Fryin, if u can keep ure 53.19 posts for a year, all give u ALL my ZB's..
            Coleman was a stud in the preseason. Ya, I kno it doesn't meen nething, but I'd like to c him get more playing tyme.
            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan

As for Aiken, I don't know if he wants to stay. I heard his cd's are selling.
              is he rapper?

Comment

• Fryin' The Fish
                Fry Them Fishes!!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                Geez, Fryin, if u can keep ure 53.19 posts for a year, all give u ALL my ZB's..
                Coleman was a stud in the preseason. Ya, I kno it doesn't meen nething, but I'd like to c him get more playing tyme.
                agree with coleman getting more playing time. i forgot about shaw. i think he plays as a solid 3rd reciever, but he will never be a stand out WR, especially with his approaching age. i say, keep reed as 2rd, and then shaw, coleman and aiken can fight it out for the others - unless we draft a WR 1st round, which will change everything.
                The Bills
                I believe in the Bledsoe

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

the bottom line is this..

tell me one team that has 2 stud wrs like moulds that have had success?

moulds is a premier receiver.. there is no arguing that.. he is a top ten guy in the league.. and he is with us for 3 more years.. all at reasonable salaries.

reed could easily still be every bit as good as hines ward.. who is a number one wr that doesnt have blazing speed, but is a great great receiver. some are ready to write him off as a 3rd wr.. i think that is nuts.. the guy has not even had his 3rd year yet.. moulds was MUCH worse than reed in his first 2 years. he will change alot of peoples opinions this year, and i believe he will show that you dont have to run a 4.3 to be a good number 2.

shaw had 800 friggen yards last season.. he played very well.. and anyone that can knock that signing is out of their mind.. he makes chump change, and is worth every penny.. he is easily a great number 3.

aiken was a 4th round pick who is built just like moulds. he was showing some promise before the season ending injury.. i am in no way ready to give up in this kid. he may still end up being a #1 wr.. you have no idea, nor do i.. but we invested a pick in him, so we will let time time..

then you have coleman, who has done nothing but play well when given the chance in the preseason, and has never really had a chance at all in the regular season..

if we are going to be a running team.. why do we need 6 wrs on the roster? but we have brown who is supposed to run a 4.19.. so there is your speed.

we dont need a wr.. we just dont.. moulds is not going anywhere for the next three years.. reed could still be great.. shaw is above average for a number 3 spot... and we have potential in coleman and aiken.

you guys that are screaming for a wr with our first pick are going to be the same ones that are sorely disappointed when that rookie is sitting on the bench while making #13 draft pick money.. and will finish the season with 300 yards.. and then you guys will be screaming to draft another wr next year..

i just dont get it... someone please explain it to me.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                    is he rapper?
                    he is joking about clay aiken.. the american idol.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Fryin' The Fish
                      Fry Them Fishes!!
                      • Mar 2004

The Bills
                      I believe in the Bledsoe

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                        • Apr 2003

reed has had two years now and will NEVER be a big play reciever. at best he will be a solid possession reciever (once he can learn how to hang on to the ball, which im sure he will) which is great because he will be awesome to move the sticks on 3rd and 7, but still we need someone that can stretch the field and attract coverage. reed dropped a ton of balls this year when he was supposed to break out this season. we DO need another reciever because besides moulds, all we have are a bunch of slot recievers with no real legitament number 2's.

now do you get it?
                        the dude abides

Comment

• toughluck
                          • Mar 2004

When do the contracts on Reed and Shaw end? I would definately let them stay #2/3 this year, and see how it goes. Depending on the length of their contracts, either take a top notch receiver 1st round, or wait until 2nd or 3rd and take one to develop and have ready when Reed or Shaw leaves...
                          "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" - "It's time to toss the dice."

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

he is joking about clay aiken.. the american idol.
                            these blonde highlights are starting to set in

Comment

• helmetguy
                              Touch the helmet for luck
                              • Sep 2002

Just out of curiosity, what are the criteria that determine a "legitimate" #2 receiver? I mean, maybe I'm just being naive, but I thought #2 meant that he was the second best receiver on the team. Andre Reed was the consummate possession receiver, but was, for a very long time, the #1 receiver. I'm guessing that, for those who are dissatisfied with our corps of receivers, another Peerless Price type receiver would be the "legitimate" #2 receiver. Trust me, with a solid commitment to the run, defenses will have to think twice about overplaying the pass. Case in point: St. Louis. That "Air Martz" offense only works if defenses have to worry about Marshall Faulk.

But I'm just being curious.
                              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
                              X