X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Is it possible

...that the 49ers are planning to move up in the draft to snag either Manning or Rothlisberger.

They have absolutely no offensive stars. Garrison Hearst - gone, Tai Streets - gone, Jeff Garcia - gone, Terrell Owens - outty.....

Just a thought. They could be planning to move up and grab a stud QB like Manning by trading picks with San Diego. San Diego can still get a solid WR at the 16th overall pick and secure someone like Reggie Williams. A year later, the 49ers will still suck and will most likely end up with another top 5 pick.
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

I think they are happy with Rattay. I haven't seen the guy play enough to form an opinion on whether they should or shouldn't be happy with him though.

I think they are much more likely to go WR than QB, although I don't know what other holes they have.

Byrd.

Comment

• baalworship
      • May 2003

49er's are in love with Rattay and even Ken Dorsey. They will probably go WR.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

the 9ers are actually in great shape if you ask me..

rattay is young and looked awesome last year when he played.. (big surprise.. a 49ers qb looks good.. can these guys go wrong??)

they finally got rid of hearst and barlow looked like the stud they expected when he took over the job last year.. they just resigned him to a 5 year deal too..

and their new stud wr will be a guy named brandon lloyd.. mark it down.. he is gonna be great..

but i think they go wr too. they need another guy.

they may take their lumps this year.. but they have really set themselves up for the future.. they got young quick.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

oh.. no way they take a qb.. that was your question.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Gonk
            • Apr 2003

49ers will almost definetly draft a WR at #13 (or #12, I forget) to replace Terrell Owens. Roy Williams or Reggie Williams could drop to them.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

They have alot of holes. Not just at QB so i doubt they will draft a QB since they have 2 young ones who could develop into something good.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

i feel a guy like michael clayton or michael jenkins would best fit the bill in san fran, they just seem like theyd fit in there best as they are big and can go across the middle, and can use their size to creat mismatches
                the dude abides

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                  • Apr 2003

i dont think they have much ammo to move up to the top and the fact that theyre not exactly in great cap position right now doesnt help them moving up for a top qb
                  the dude abides

Comment

• B-DON
                    hi
                    • Mar 2004

why are we talken about the 49ers

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by B-DON
                      why are we talken about the 49ers
                      Good question. Moved.
                      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Gonk, the Bills draft at #13, the Jets at #12. The 49ers are at #16 unless they trade up. If they are interested in WRs they sure picked a good draft to get one in.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                        X