Clear All
  • mightyspaz
    Short, Furry and Cold
    • Mar 2004

Bills offer contract to Volek

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Bills offer contract to Volek

The Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y.- The Buffalo Bills have offered a contract to Tennessee backup quarterback Billy Volek.

Volek spent his first four years in the league as Steve McNair's backup after originally signing with Tennessee as an undrafted free agent in 2000 out of Fresno State.

Atlanta is also interested in Volek's services, as is his current team Tennessee. The Falcons, who are looking for a reliable No. 2 quarterback behind Michael Vick, have reportedly offered a three-year deal and a $3.5 million signing bonus.

Volek played against the Bills last December, passing for 295 yards and two touchdowns in the Titans' win. Following the game it was discovered that he suffered a spleen laceration, which required season-ending surgery.

The Bills are in the market for a backup after releasing Alex Van Pelt on Tuesday after he failed his physical. Buffalo is also looking for a qualified candidate to eventually replace its starting quarterback, 11-year veteran Drew Bledsoe.

Volek, who visited with Buffalo on Monday, has completed 44 of 69 passes in his career for 545 yards and four touchdowns.

Volek's agent, Ken Staninger, said that his client would like to have his final decision made within the next few days.
    ThE MiGhTy SpAz
    - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

eh whatever im not gonna be heartbroken if he doesnt sign. We make fun of the dolphins for the feely signing then advocate us doing the same thing.

gimme rivers.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

For that cash let Atlanta have him...didn't we learn from RJ.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Sep 2003

i kinda agree... we did get all over miami and feely is more polished IMO then volek. volek is signed will likely be our starter in a year. so how is this better then wat miami did?

Comment

I say get Volek in here and still draft another QB late first day. Volek in case Drew blows chunks and draftee for the future

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

let us also remember that volek got hurt in the game he played against us and was out of the season...

RJ redux....pass

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

bring this guy in! maybe it will give Drew motivation to not blow the golden dildo!, knowing he has a decent backup behind him for once, he might actually try harder!

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

I love all this draft for need nonsense and yet a few wants Taylor even though hes dropping down most boards and we dont have a need for him.

RIVERS is your QB of the future. And Id take feelme over Volek.
                Said it once said it a hundred times volek isnt bad just nothing special.

Rivers and a WR in the first two rounds and a TE/OL after that and we sort every need except DE.

well now that im done with that on to the middle east crisis.

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  let us also remember that volek got hurt in the game he played against us and was out of the season...

RJ redux....pass
                  Yet another great point.

Agreed.

Move on.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

also...you notice that Flutie...errr...Volek is 7 and Johnson...errr...Bledsoe is 11...

Comment

• madness23
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                      i kinda agree... we did get all over miami and feely is more polished IMO then volek. volek is signed will likely be our starter in a year. so how is this better then wat miami did?
                      How? Are we going to name Volek our starter?

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

the sequel? ... to be continued

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

For that cash let Atlanta have him...didn't we learn from RJ.
                          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:madshake: :madshake: :madshake: :punchu: :punchu: :punchu:

STOP IT!!!!!!!

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

RJ redux....pass
                            Yet another great point.

Agreed.

Move on.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

his name isnt Rob johnson, You cant judge every player bc of one bust. for the right price id take volek what you want travis brown or a rookie to be your backup. lets say were having a great year and bledsoe goes down for 3 weeks and We lose the next 3 games bc we dont have a qb that can keep us in games.

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X