PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey helped our chances with Troy

mikedd74
03-18-2004, 11:42 AM
According to Buffalo News Article..

Vincent also stressed that his opinion of Mularkey helped sway his decision.

"I think more importantly, it was Coach Mularkey," he said. "When I met him I didn't know much about him. I've heard about him. But he was just real. He was a genuine gentleman. He wasn't trying to paint a picture of what he can do. He wasn't making any promises. First and foremost, he started talking about his family. And my family comes first. . . . He emphasized that. He emphasized he was not going to be on the couch sleeping here at the stadium all night. But he'd come in and get his work one and he expects the same from the players. I appreciate his honesty."

Nice to hear...I think he will be a very good coach plus being a former player does help...

shelby
03-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Nice find, mike, thank you.

Everything i've heard about Coach Mularkey so far has me feeling positive and hopeful about his impact on the team next season.:up:

Pride
03-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Could that have been a problem with GW? He was burned out by not remembering what was really important? family, friends, etc?

He used to put in like 18 hour days... maybe he just burned out.

Of course, being a moron didnt help either.

Hermanator21
03-18-2004, 12:38 PM
MM is starting to give me that warm fuzzy fealing about next year. I wasn't too happy with the decision at first(MM as head coach), but he seems to have a quiet,true value type of attitude, with a master plan. I think he will allow us to bring in those quality personality leaders that TD has been talking about and sign them.(TV)

generalmills
03-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Im starting to get the impression that Mularkey is a players coach... I think players respect a guy that is soft spoken but really knows his football... the problem with GW was that he came in making promises or superbowls and and working players to the bone... and at the first sign of trouble the players gave up on his philosphy(he lost the team)... I think what you get with Mularkey is a guy that will be quietly confident when things are going well but but make sure the guys know when changes need to be made both from a team standpoint and with regards to personal performance. "speak softly and carry a big stick"

B-DON
03-18-2004, 09:12 PM
awesome find. Mularkey 2005 NFL coach of the year? hehehehehe

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by shelby
Everything i've heard about Coach Mularkey so far has me feeling positive
Especially when you think he looks like Kevin Costner and have the hots for him. ;)