PDA

View Full Version : no one showing interest in couch so far

bills_7
03-18-2004, 12:30 PM
i found this interesting....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1761719

if we can get couch for cheaper then volek.... i think it would be a steal... he is young with alot of potiential.... I also think Sam Wyche and Drew as teachers can turn his career around in the long run when we r ready to drop drew

The Spaz
03-18-2004, 12:32 PM
What does that tell you if Volek is getting more interest than Couch and Couch has more games under hsi belt.

bills_7
03-18-2004, 12:36 PM
how manys games has volek actually played in???
and we hit him hard once and hes out for the yr....

Pride
03-18-2004, 12:37 PM
I agree... I would love to get couch for a number two, and give him a chance to compete with a rookie next year for #1

(depending how bledsoe does this year of course)

bills_7
03-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I agree... I would love to get couch for a number two, and give him a chance to compete with a rookie next year for #1

(depending how bledsoe does this year of course)

finally someone agrees with me.... its about time thanks buddy

The Spaz
03-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by bills_7

finally someone agrees with me.... its about time thanks buddy

What does that tell you...:rofl:

Ingtar33
03-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Ill tell you what’s wrong with couch...

He is incapable of looking off his primary receiver... and does a poor job finding his secondary and tertiary receivers.

ArcticWildMan
03-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Sounds like Drew.

Oops...I didn't say that. :couch:

THATHURMANATOR
03-18-2004, 12:46 PM
There is more interest in Volek because he is a free agent and will make less money, while Couch is under contract and would need to be traded for.

The Spaz
03-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
There is more interest in Volek because he is a free agent and will make less money, while Couch is under contract and would need to be traded for.

True but the Browns are trying to get rid of him and they aren't gettign many takers. The price for Couch can't be that high.

bills_7
03-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

they said he was gonna be released for salary cap reasons or they r gonna try and set up a trade

Tatonka
03-18-2004, 01:14 PM
I also think Sam Wyche and Drew as teachers can turn his career around in the long run when we r ready to drop drew

i dont want drew teaching anything about football to any other qb we get. kthanks.

Cntrygal
03-18-2004, 01:16 PM
I thought this was worth repeating......................................

Originally posted by Ingtar33

He is incapable of looking off his primary receiver... and does a poor job finding his secondary and tertiary receivers.

Stewie
03-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
What does that tell you if Volek is getting more interest than Couch and Couch has more games under hsi belt.

It tells me that Couch has shown what he's capable of doing (for the most part). Volek is still an unknown.

If couch was the #1 pick, had played in 1 game, and was available, I'm sure he'd be pursued way more than Volek.

The Spaz
03-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by paulB

It tells me that Couch has shown what he's capable of doing (for the most part). Volek is still an unknown.

If couch was the #1 pick, had played in 1 game, and was available, I'm sure he'd be pursued way more than Volek.

Couch was the #1 pick by the Browns and they are trying to practically give him away for something besides releasing him. Whatever Couch has shown coaches and scouts they sure didn't like it.

bills_7
03-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont want drew teaching anything about football to any other qb we get. kthanks.

drew can read the secondary with the best of them he just needs time... he can teach couch alot

Stewie
03-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Couch was the #1 pick by the Browns and they are trying to practically give him away for something besides releasing him. Whatever Couch has shown coaches and scouts they sure didn't like it.

Exactly, which is why teams seem more willing to deal for an unknown with potential then a known turd who cries

bills_7
03-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by paulB
Exactly, which is why teams seem more willing to deal for an unknown with potential then a known turd who cries

great point

bills_7
03-18-2004, 04:09 PM
anyone else have anything good to say about couch???

The Spaz
03-18-2004, 05:04 PM

Nothing good should be said.:dink:

The_Philster
03-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Sounds like Drew.

Oops...I didn't say that. :couch:
Ok...I'll say it...sounds like Drew

Unlike Flutie-RJ...he was willing to get along with Holcomb when he took away his stasrting job.

shadowfax
03-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

that sounds a lot like bledsoe to me.

bills_7
03-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
that sounds a lot like bledsoe to me.

couch is nothing like drew....
and drew is one of the best at reading the secondary

bills_7
03-18-2004, 11:06 PM
last yr drew did have a problem with staying with his primary reciever cause he knew he only had a sec or two to throw the ball before he was gonna take a hit

The_Philster
03-19-2004, 04:59 AM
last yr drew did have a problem with staying with his primary reciever cause he knew he only had a sec or two to throw the ball before he was gonna take a hit

There were times he had plenty of time and he was still locked onto Moulds.

Gunzlingr
03-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
There were times he had plenty of time and he was still locked onto Moulds.

Miami game 1. TH standing and waving his arms in the endzone, all alone. Drew throws into triple coverage to moulds, INT. He had like 2 weeks to throw the damn ball.

Novacane
03-19-2004, 07:12 AM
. I also think Sam Wyche and Drew as teachers can turn his career around in the long run when we r ready to drop drew

Drew needs to be worrying about turning his own career around.

They better keep him away from any young QB they bring in here. He will ruin them before he teaches them anything:naughty:

Bert102176
03-19-2004, 09:33 AM
COUCH BITES
vOLEK BITES

I want Rivers

bills_7
03-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Bert102176
COUCH BITES
vOLEK BITES

I want Rivers

why do u want a rookie so bad for