PDA

View Full Version : RJ Cincy-bound?

Judge
10-16-2002, 11:35 AM
Has anyone heard any rumor that Cincinnati, desperate to try anyone at QB, is trying to trade for RJ?

I've heard a couple people say that in my office building, but haven't read anything about it.

It'd be a good move for him if he has any guts to try to be a real player in this league again instead of a clipboard holder.

Ebenezer
10-16-2002, 11:37 AM
would this go into one of those sports illustrated blurbs...

you know the apocalypse is upon us....

Novacane
10-16-2002, 11:38 AM
The trade deadline passed yesterday so they are out of luck. Or is it the other way around?

Ebenezer
10-16-2002, 11:39 AM
don't forget...RJ is on a one year deal in TB...he'll be a UFA next year.

WG
10-16-2002, 11:41 AM
LMAO B2.

Is it already passed? Wow. That went quickly. It's much earlier in football than it is in other sports.

That's a lose-lose for Rob. Cincy has no more pass protection than we had last year. Well, OK, a little more, but not much. No tools either other than Dillon. Poorly coached. It may be necessary as you say Judge if he wants to play, but I don't think it would do him any favors. I'd "just say no." LOL

Tampa probably won't keep him around if Brad Johnson plays well.

lordofgun
10-16-2002, 11:42 AM
Cincy might be the only place in the league where RJ could start next year.

Judge
10-16-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
That's a lose-lose for Rob. Cincy has no more pass protection than we had last year. Well, OK, a little more, but not much. No tools either other than Dillon. Poorly coached. It may be necessary as you say Judge if he wants to play, but I don't think it would do him any favors. I'd "just say no." LOL

Tampa probably won't keep him around if Brad Johnson plays well.

I had no idea the trading deadline already passed. Wow.

Wys- if you were a player, would you pass up an opportunity to start even on a bad team and choose to backup a QB on an established team? Brad Johnson is playing pretty well, so the future prospects for RJ in Tampa are cloudy at best, zero at worst. If I were him, I'd jump at a chance to start anywhere. I'd think a real competitor would do that.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2002, 11:48 AM
the BENGALS would be better off bringing b.esiason or k.anderson out of mothballs.

Ð
10-16-2002, 11:48 AM
There's always the Toronto Argonauts LOL

Judge
10-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BigDoug

Or the Buffalo Destroyers.

Ebenezer
10-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BigDoug

I think I predicted that....:tomato:

WG
10-16-2002, 11:53 AM
I guess I'd phrase it like this there Judge amidst your insinuations that I'm not a competitor:

I certainly wouldn't sign a long-term contract. Just look at Dillon. He did have opportunities to start elsewhere and the owner convinced him that he would make an effort to "fix" the team. Have you seen much evidence of that? I haven't. If so, it certainly hasn't helped.

I think Dillon made the wrong move. Sometimes winning a championship takes precedence over simply starting somewhere. I wouldn't expect you and your "I don't care if we win, even if it is b/c the top 8 players on the other team are hurt" mentality, to necessarily understand that. To you, a win is a win. To me, Chicago's 13-3 was less than impressive last season b/c 10 of their wins came against teams 6-10 or worse.

How does that translate into meaning? Well, when you're done playing football, most people only care about what your accoladeds and championships were. When discussing your past sports involvement, how many people ask you "Were you ever 9-2?" No! They ask if you ever had any personal records, won any championships, etc.

So in response to your statement, if I were RJ, I would not sign there unless it was only for a year. Why would any "competitor" want to play on the Bengals???

It would seem to me the contrary, that someone truly interested in competing would not want to play on the Bungals. I don't view going 4-12 every year w/o fail as competing.

Again, I guess that explains why you seem to be so excited about the Bills this season and their dead last defense, lack of a consistent rushing game, and dubious coaching simply b/c we have a stellar passsing game that overcomes some of that.

Ebenezer
10-16-2002, 11:56 AM
judge and wys...dualing pistols at 10 paces...

Patrick76777
10-16-2002, 11:58 AM
I guess I'd phrase it like this there Judge amidst your insinuations that I'm not a competitor:

I certainly wouldn't sign a long-term contract. Just look at Dillon. He did have opportunities to start elsewhere and the owner convinced him that he would make an effort to "fix" the team. Have you seen much evidence of that? I haven't. If so, it certainly hasn't helped.

I think Dillon made the wrong move. Sometimes winning a championship takes precedence over simply starting somewhere. I wouldn't expect you and your "I don't care if we win, even if it is b/c the top 8 players on the other team are hurt" mentality, to necessarily understand that. To you, a win is a win. To me, Chicago's 13-3 was less than impressive last season b/c 10 of their wins came against teams 6-10 or worse.

How does that translate into meaning? Well, when you're done playing football, most people only care about what your accoladeds and championships were. When discussing your past sports involvement, how many people ask you "Were you ever 9-2?" No! They ask if you ever had any personal records, won any championships, etc.

So in response to your statement, if I were RJ, I would not sign there unless it was only for a year. Why would any "competitor" want to play on the Bengals???

It would seem to me the contrary, that someone truly interested in competing would not want to play on the Bungals. I don't view going 4-12 every year w/o fail as competing.

Again, I guess that explains why you seem to be so excited about the Bills this season and their dead last defense, lack of a consistent rushing game, and dubious coaching simply b/c we have a stellar passsing game that overcomes some of that.

WADE HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/wphillips_head.gif

WG
10-16-2002, 11:59 AM
LOL

It does go a ways into explaining how Judge would be happy w/ a team like the Bengals and I'm not happy w/ the current state of the Bills and want better however.

Nothin' personal Judge. Just engaging you on the issues...

;)

Judge
10-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Ridiculous. Totally ridiculous.

Any football player with cojones wants to be on the field. Only a total coward would choose to be a backup.

Do you respect Terry Bradshaw's backup more than Archie Manning because he has some Super Bowl rings even though he never played, where Archie played corageously and pretty damn well despite being saddled with a poor supporting cast?

Do you respect Troy Aikman's backup more than Jim Kelly?

Starting in Cincy would be very difficult- however, a real competitor would jump at the chance if it meant getting off the bench. If that means you are not a competitor, then the truth hurts, huh Wys!

And there are no bonus points in the NFL for style or "quality wins". Just win - that's the best that any team can do.

Novacane
10-16-2002, 12:00 PM
LMAO B2.

Is it already passed? Wow. That went quickly. It's much earlier in football than it is in other sports.

Are you calling me a liar? :laughter:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1446480.html

EricStratton
10-16-2002, 12:01 PM
Your point is flawed Wys when you compare RJ to Corey Dillion. Dillion could go to all but a handful of teams and be a starter whereas RJ doesn't have that ability or the resume to back it up.

If RJ was to sign with the Bengals as the starter it may be his only chance in the offseason to do so. Dillion could sign with most any team and be the starter.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2002, 12:04 PM
RJ would be smart to inqure with cincinatti next year.who knows?he could jumpstart his career in cincy.anything is possible.

Judge
10-16-2002, 12:05 PM
LOL

It does go a ways into explaining how Judge would be happy w/ a team like the Bengals and I'm not happy w/ the current state of the Bills and want better however.

Nothin' personal Judge. Just engaging you on the issues...

;)

I don't need to resort to lies and distortions like setting up a straw argument that you'd be happy w/ a team like the Bengals to make myself feel better about my ridiculous view on things, like how some wins count more than others.

Nothin' personal Wys!

casdhf
10-16-2002, 12:13 PM
wys:loblo:Judge

casdhf
10-16-2002, 12:13 PM
:D

Judge
10-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
judge:loblo:wys

You think Wys's posts are better than mine?! Unbelievable. I smack Wys around like Joe Mesi beats up his tomato can opponents!:punchu: :punchu: :punchu:

BlackJohn
10-16-2002, 12:15 PM
RJ should sign with whatever CFL team Flutie signs with next year and try and beat him out for the starter's job!

SABURZFAN
10-16-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BlackJohn
RJ should sign with whatever CFL team Flutie signs with next year and try and beat him out for the starter's job!

:lolcry:

casdhf
10-16-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Judge

You think Wys's posts are better than mine?! Unbelievable. I smack Wys around like Joe Mesi beats up his tomato can opponents!:punchu: :punchu: :punchu:

no, I just messed up when I wrote it :spit:

:cas:

The_Philster
10-16-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Judge

Or the Buffalo Destroyers.

Actually, the big thing in the Arena League is quick decisions. I think the only decision RJ has ever made quickly was on hair gel. :D

colin
10-16-2002, 05:44 PM
Cincy, Pitts, Wash, Balt, Carolina would all be better teams with Rob Johnson. The Giants and Cowboys could use him too, but they probably like who they have. The number of just garbage QBs in the NFL is silly.

There is a real huge seperation between the top 10 and the rest of the NFL.

WG
10-23-2002, 10:08 AM
LOL cas.

Judge,

Funny! Seems that Dillon is supporting my point now by implying that he no longer wants to play for Cincy!

I guess by your standards he's not a competitor!!! Eh!

Do we have an icon for a slam dunk!!!

;)

P.S. RJ is better than you give him credit for. He has flaws, but he can also play. Judge's logic that he'd be better off on Cincy is silly for another reason. With their team, OL, he'd get killed much sooner than he would on another team. He wouldn't ever play anywhere after another concussion or two or more broken bones.

He'll start again somewhere. He had some very good games in Buffalo. It's just that between the Flutie generated hatred which still lingers apparently based on other threads, and the short memories which only see the 4 bad games he had last year amidst 2 decent ones and a whole slew of good ones in '99 and '00 and '98.

Again, beliefs don't always negate truth. The bottom line is can he stay healthy. If this past Sunday's drive on T.B. was any indication, the answer is no. He ran headlong into another LB again. For that I call him an idiot! Simple lessens, "don't run into traffic w/o looking first" he can't seem to grasp.

Oh well! But that's why he's loved in Buffalo. His passes were very crisp and as precise as anything that Drew's thrown this season however. He simply needs to have a physics professor explain to him how simply physical things work in relation to collisions. LOL

Herdwatcher
10-24-2002, 01:56 PM
P.S. RJ is better than you give him credit for.

Oh well! But that's why he's loved in Buffalo. His passes were very crisp and as precise as anything that Drew's thrown this season however. He simply needs to have a physics professor explain to him how simply physical things work in relation to collisions. LOL

Wys, don't forget the help he needs finding his wr's at the right time, knowing where the line of scrimmage is in association where he is. Find the speed of NFL play, how to step into the pocket.

To say He played the last few years as good as Drew is playing now, warrants some kind of penalty. Fine Wys $ 10.000 Zone bucks for that remark. Have you been :boozer: your sause? :rofl:

Judge
10-25-2002, 11:19 AM
LOL cas.

Judge,

Funny! Seems that Dillon is supporting my point now by implying that he no longer wants to play for Cincy!

I guess by your standards he's not a competitor!!! Eh!

Do we have an icon for a slam dunk!!!

;)

P.S. RJ is better than you give him credit for. He has flaws, but he can also play. Judge's logic that he'd be better off on Cincy is silly for another reason. With their team, OL, he'd get killed much sooner than he would on another team. He wouldn't ever play anywhere after another concussion or two or more broken bones.

He'll start again somewhere. He had some very good games in Buffalo. It's just that between the Flutie generated hatred which still lingers apparently based on other threads, and the short memories which only see the 4 bad games he had last year amidst 2 decent ones and a whole slew of good ones in '99 and '00 and '98.

Again, beliefs don't always negate truth. The bottom line is can he stay healthy. If this past Sunday's drive on T.B. was any indication, the answer is no. He ran headlong into another LB again. For that I call him an idiot! Simple lessens, "don't run into traffic w/o looking first" he can't seem to grasp.

Dillon is JUST A LITTLE more established in the NFL than RJ, don't you think? And I'm pretty sure that he would NOT accept a backup role just to be on a winning team.

Slam dunk? You doinked the shot off the rim! :shakeno:

As for comparing RJ to Bledsoe- ridiculous! No comparison. They may both throw a decent spiral and an accurate long ball in practice, but when the game's for real RJ is still clueless. Bledose's a FIELD GENERAL!