PDA

View Full Version : Big name QB, isn't needed

Bled2Hen
03-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Volek, BUM!, Couch, BUM!, Ben R. BUM!

Bledsoe is all we need. If we are going to hand the ball off 70% of the time every game this season, then Bledsoe is the guy for it. Then we can run some play action pass plays, and D-Bled can hit his targets, if we get a good o-line, and with a coach like Jim Mcnally, I think thay we gel together, and be pretty good. Volek had one good game, and he is now the biggest FA on the market. I really dont think we need any big name FA's on our team, that we have to give quite a bit of money too. I think the QB, that can come in, if Bledsoe screws up, is sitting right on the bench. He doesnt have a strong arm, but Tom Brady has proven that you dont have to have a cannon to win SB's. Travis Brown #5, is who I am talking about. In the 2 appearences he came in last season, he looked pretty good. He completed the passes, and drove the team down the field effectively. I like him if D-Bled F**** up. I dont think we need to waste a No.1 pick on a QB, or some cash on one either. Don't worry, Bledsoe will be great next season. When he needed to step up big in 2002, he did it. That is what he is going to do this year, only this time, he has a great defense to back him up.

BAM
03-18-2004, 06:58 PM
:welcome: :wave:

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-18-2004, 07:01 PM
:scratch:

The Natrix
03-18-2004, 07:08 PM
:whatthe:

justasportsfan
03-18-2004, 07:12 PM
We don't need Drew to play like a probowler. As long as he just doesn't stink up the place, we'll be fine.

Don't put the game in his hands. He sucks under pressure and starts trying to force things by himself.

I hope he learns how to a better job at changing plays especially 3rd and 1.

Tatonka
03-18-2004, 07:38 PM
i would agree.. if the right game plan is put in place and there is MINIMAL importance on drews role in the offense.. we could still be successful.. also.. his confidence is shot. it has to be.. he was one of.. if not THE worst qbs in the league last year.. and he has to know it..

SeatownBillsFan21
03-18-2004, 08:26 PM
True he stunk up the place for sho last year hes gotta no it.

cjc2604
03-18-2004, 08:33 PM
We need a big name receiver or a QB in the first round. If we get Volek or Couch, or someone like that, then I would ideally like to see the Bills get Kellen Winslow Jr.

Fryin' The Fish
03-18-2004, 09:00 PM
it kinda makes sense. and it also made me rethink what i want the bills to draft in the first round. i guess if the game isnt on drew's shoulders than we will be all right. but, i still hate him :lolhit:

Demon
03-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Travis Brown will never develop into a #1 QB, and probably won't ever develop into a solid #2 QB.

If the Bills can get Big Ben in the draft, there is no way we can not take him. If it's not Big Ben, i would try to get a DE in the draft. Aaron Schobel can not do it himself at the DE. Call me crazy, but i think our DL still a weakness. I am not sold in Denney or Kelsay and i am not sold Sam Adams will show up to play 100% week one.

There's too many WR's in this draft to pick one at #13 unless it's one of the top 3 WR's. But those 3 will probably be gone, the others i wouldn't touch that early. And there will still be a solid WR or two available in round 2.

Mr. Cynical
03-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Bled2Hen
I really dont think we need any big name FA's on our team, that we have to give quite a bit of money too.

The only problem with this statement is that we are already paying Drew at least 2 or 3 times what we would pay any FA. If what you say is true, that we only need someone to hand off 70% and throw 30%, why pay Drew $6M+? Woudn't it make sense to find someone alot cheaper then? Just to be clear - I do agree with what you are saying about what kind of QB we need. We just need to find a more economical way to go about it. :)

Whatever we do however I still think we need to draft a QB. Whether or not we use our #13 I don't know, but somewhere in there we need to pull the trigger. If we get really lucky and make the right choice, e.g., Indy-Manning, Ten-McNair, Philly-McNabb, Atlanta-Vick, we will have a bright future. I really don't want to be looking for a QB every 2 years. :shakeno:

BuffaloRanger
03-18-2004, 10:55 PM
The Bills will not hand off 70% of the time. It will be smash-mouth football (supposedly) but it will be balanced. At most 60% run plays.

A QB picked at #13 could never, ever, ever be successful in Buffalo. I have history to back me up. The fans would expect too much too soon. They be calling on him to start based on one good pre-season drive. YOU KNOW YOU WOULD!!

It would tear the team apart.

If not Volek, then a 3rd round QB, that won't cause a controversy this year. The impending RB controversy will be bad enough.

Tatonka
03-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by cjc2604
We need a big name receiver or a QB in the first round. If we get Volek or Couch, or someone like that, then I would ideally like to see the Bills get Kellen Winslow Jr.

what is a receiver in the first round going to do for us?

bills_7
03-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Bled2Hen
Volek, BUM!, Couch, BUM!, Ben R. BUM!

couch is not a bum

mikedd74
03-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Hopefully Travis Brown is gone also. Why not pick up a day one QB and a Day two Qb. Its an Idea

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Bledsoe isn't a big name receiver?