PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, we lost...but wasn't it great seeing a goaltender who could actually play!

Nighthawk
03-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Wow, watching Noronen play really shows how bad Biron is. Noronen made some huge saves and didn't give up the crap goal to kill the Sabres. Everytime Biron is in net, I find myself praying that the next shot doesn't go in. Get rid of Biron and go with Noronen for the rest of the year. Then, in the offseason, trade Biron for a stick and some pucks and go with Noronen and Miller next year. I guarantee we will be a better team...that's if they play at all next year.

SkateZilla
03-19-2004, 01:08 AM
Me Too..

pyrrhonist
03-19-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Yeah, we lost...but wasn't it great seeing a goaltender who could actually play!

I enjoyed watching Khabibulin play, as well. :bf1:

SkateZilla
03-19-2004, 03:18 AM
It was a Pretty Good And Even Game Despite the Score..

Tooo Bad T.B. Was the Winners Though.. Then Again Our Best Center is OUt.. Our best D-man Is Out.. One of Our Young WIngers is Out..

And We've Had No Marquee Players to begin With.. with Exception of Miro Satan.. But he's Not Considered Marquee

pyrrhonist
03-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
It was a Pretty Good And Even Game Despite the Score..

I agree. It wasn't the usual "fall apart" loss that Buffalo puts on.

Then Again Our Best Center is OUt..

I could swear Daniel Briere was in there last night. :church:

chubluv
03-19-2004, 10:01 AM
I agree with all the agreeing going on. Mika & Miller should be the guys next year(if there is a next year).Although Biron is going to be the guy to finish this year out Lindy already made that bed now he has to lay in it..

Myers57
03-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Even before Robitaille said anything about the loss, I felt strangley inaffected by the loss and felt somewhat satisfied with their effort...

Grat job Noronen however but I doubt stupid Ruff will play him Saturday night...

Ebenezer
03-19-2004, 11:22 AM
HELLO!! They still lost! I don't care who plays where as long as they win.

BironsGirl43
03-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Funny that you'd call Biron the loser when he's the one with the higher *winning* percentage

Biron 22-17-4
Noronen 11-16-2

So, that means Biron is 5 games above 500 while Noronen is 5 games below.. hmm and you're talking winners and losers?

If you want to get into the playoffs.. you're going to have to win the games... and who's been winning us games? Biron. He's in the top 15 in the league in wins and he's played the fewest amount of games in comparison

Ebenezer
03-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Boy, glad we had a loser in net last night...

#1Fan
03-21-2004, 06:00 PM
I agree Ebenezer....proud to have a loser on the net last night.

Myers57
03-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Biron has a better record because he has played in more games, and has been pulled when the Sabres were getting their butts kicked and given Noronen the loss...

qcsabresfan84
03-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Afinogenov61
Biron has a better record because he has played in more games, and has been pulled when the Sabres were getting their butts kicked and given Noronen the loss...

That doesn't give Noronen the loss. Whoever is in goal when the other teams GWG is scored gets credit for the loss.

BironsGirl43
03-22-2004, 03:03 PM

Ok.. want to look at their records in the same amount of games played?

Noronen 11 wins in 34 games
Biron with 17 wins in 34 games

And as qc said.. the goalie who allows the game winner gets the loss so unless Noronen himself stunk in the game.. he wouldn't have gotten the loss for Biron's "poor" play

Ebenezer
03-22-2004, 05:58 PM

A61...word of advice...when in a hole stop digging.